**OFFICIAL** AT Battlefield 3 FAQ and News Thread

Page 450 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000

Does it mean the flag carrier has to go on foot? Or is the motorcycle about to pick him up?

Last edited:

Durvelle27

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2012
Going alright. Going to play some BF3 right now actually. Hows your updated rig running? Do you still have the 6950?

Don't have a card in it at all that's why i'v been MIA in BF3 as the 970 chipset doesn't have on board graphics so can't use it either

:|

dmoney1980

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2008
Anyone else here get hit with a 3GB update last night? I've been playing consistently so my game is up to date with the latest expansion pack, patches, etc...

I went on the website but couldn't find anything

Grey!matter

Feb 5, 2011
How big is the game, after its most recent patch? I haven't played in a long time and I'm not sure if i have enough room on my ssd for it.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
Anyone else here get hit with a 3GB update last night? I've been playing consistently so my game is up to date with the latest expansion pack, patches, etc...

I went on the website but couldn't find anything

Yes, I did. Not sure what's up. I guess we're extra special.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
How big is the game, after its most recent patch? I haven't played in a long time and I'm not sure if i have enough room on my ssd for it.

The patches are so big because they have to overwrite large amounts of the game entirely. They can't just pick and choose little pieces of update. The size doesn't balloon with all the patches.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
My folder says 23.9 gigs.

Mine is 27.8GB. Wow. But nearly 17GB is the update folder.

The patches are so big because they have to overwrite large amounts of the game entirely. They can't just pick and choose little pieces of update. The size doesn't balloon with all the patches.

Actually, it looks like it did balloon. I assume we can't delete the Patch and Xpack directories, correct?

Jan 13, 2009
Add me, join me when you see me on, say hi in-game (I also tab out to windows when I hear chat beeps), I'll work with you. Trust me, I work with teammates whenever I get someone that communicates, which is rare. And I don't care if you're the noobiest noob or the elite of the elite.

I frequently join a pub server, maybe has 25-50 players total, and I'll say to my team :

"Do we need an AA out there?"

"Anyone need a Soflam up?"

"Do we have a Soflam, need more Javs?"

"etc"

And ZERO response, almost every time. The most common thing I see in the in-game chat field is typical bullshit from each side "You're a hacker! Impossible!", "You suck", etc. People are largely assholes imho.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I took a break from playing over the summer and when I came back, it seemed that there were so many more "COD" type players. Run-and-gun, no teamwork, bitching and complaining...

Constant taunts of "(insert any gun name here) noob". I just wish people would either say something helpful to the team or just shut the hell up and go back to Modern Warfare.

My game name is Blackheart_HMFIC if you ever want to get some easy kills. I'm still a little rusty. :)

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
There are far to many people who don't like to lose and have no idea what teamwork is. As soon as one team starts taking advantage, people start changing teams. I love when myself and a few friends join a server on the losing side and change things around. Sucks when you're solo, which I usually am.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
thankfully on the console BO2 seems to have taken most the COD morons away from BF3. its still hard to communicate because you cant type chat but even now and then you get in a squad with some people that are with it and just fing dominate

turned around a 1200 ticket metro last night after being down by 500 tickets, dominated a Oman with superior tank skills

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Why is it when someone whines in BF3 they are called a CoD player?

I ran my own CoD4 server for years and kicked asshats quite regularly, one of the first thing I noticed when going to BFBC2 was the amount of asshats was drastically higher than what I was used too. Of course this was because I couldnt police any servers other than my own and saw the same thing when playing cod4 on other servers.

My point is this: Asshats are asshats, they are around in huge numbers, and they play every game imaginable. LOL

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i don't call people who wine COD players, it the people who play every game type like TDM and play with any teamwork or even try to PTFO