**OFFICIAL** AT Battlefield 3 FAQ and News Thread

Page 473 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Would have loved to been there just to hear the hackusations. LOL

There were some hackusations, but they seem to be a mature crowd there. After a few minutes they just ingored me the entire time and left me alone. I liked that =)

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
I was trying to play some BF3 this past weekend but kept getting frustrated. I only play Hardcore and there is rarely any servers available. I figured maybe it's because I only have the base BF3 game and none of the expansions so I thought I'd check prices. Holy shit, they have like 5 expansions out at $15 a pop?

Guess I'll just wait for BF4 : /

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
You can pick up the premium service (which includes all the DLC) for like $20 or even less, just wait for the sales.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I was trying to play some BF3 this past weekend but kept getting frustrated. I only play Hardcore and there is rarely any servers available. I figured maybe it's because I only have the base BF3 game and none of the expansions so I thought I'd check prices. Holy shit, they have like 5 expansions out at $15 a pop?

Guess I'll just wait for BF4 : /

Or you just buy Premium for like $20 (or less) and get all the expansions.

EDIT: ninja'd

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Oh ok, I may check it out. But BF4 is right around the corner.

True enough. Just depends on how you amuse yourself for a few months.

Considering the cost of going to a single movie can get you all the expansions... and potentially hours/days of amusement... it could still be worth it before BF4...

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
True enough. Just depends on how you amuse yourself for a few months.

Considering the cost of going to a single movie can get you all the expansions... and potentially hours/days of amusement... it could still be worth it before BF4...

Lol I'm going to need to bookmark this post. I'll need a scapegoat for when my wife gets pissed at me playing even more.

Update: Just purchased it so hopefully I'll have some time tonight to try a couple of the new maps.

Last edited:

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
ok, so it's been a while since i have played BF3 but i was trying to play some co-op last night and it would not effing work. forums have a lot of people saying the same thing, friend on friends list sends co-op invite, other person gets nothing. or, other person accepts invite and game never loads.

has anyone had any success getting co-op to work on a regular basis WITHOUT restarting their entire system every time? even closing the browser did pretty much nothing.

:(

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Sorry for the bump in what is nearly a dead thread, figured this post belonged here more so then putting it in the active BF4 thread. Fun part was googling it cause this baby had to have been buried many pages deep lol.

This game and 8.1 pro, how is it running for people these days?

Installing the game as we speak on a fresh install of 8.1 and hoping the travesty of issues i had on 8.1 preview are gone. Game ran worst then BF4 did honestly and was unenjoyable. Had 8.1 preview installed during the BF4 beta when i encountered these issues.

Not sure if there is a certain new driver best for this game or particular adjustments needed, running the recent 337.50 beta drivers with all current system drivers.

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
So as opposed to cluttering up the Bf4, I figured I would revive this thread. I re-installed Bf3 last night and played a few rounds. I hate to say it, but I think I like it better than BF4. There is definitely more head bob than Bf4. For some reason I thought you could turn it off in BF3, but I couldn't find the option. Weapons seemed more accurate? It will take a while to get use to the Bf3 bugs that they never fixed. One thing I do miss is not having C4 on the recon class

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
Sorry for the bump in what is nearly a dead thread, figured this post belonged here more so then putting it in the active BF4 thread. Fun part was googling it cause this baby had to have been buried many pages deep lol.

This game and 8.1 pro, how is it running for people these days?

Installing the game as we speak on a fresh install of 8.1 and hoping the travesty of issues i had on 8.1 preview are gone. Game ran worst then BF4 did honestly and was unenjoyable. Had 8.1 preview installed during the BF4 beta when i encountered these issues.

Not sure if there is a certain new driver best for this game or particular adjustments needed, running the recent 337.50 beta drivers with all current system drivers.

Since nobody answered you from 3 months ago, It ran awesome last night on 8.1 pro.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Since nobody answered you from 3 months ago, It ran awesome last night on 8.1 pro.

Yeah it's been good to me, runs like a dream. Run the 340.52 drivers now without any issues. Think early 8.1 drivers had a bit of issues for this game cause it was pretty bad.

BC2 is a bit random on 8.1, many matches start off for me with a low fps number that sometimes would fix itself a few mins in and other times i would need to get into another match to get rid of the issue all together. I hear hyperthreading can cause this but who knows.

Battlefield games going back to BF2 for me have always been kinda flaky with a os swap, BF2 worked with little issue for me during the Vista days but all my friends couldn't even get that game to install lol but UT3 and Bioshock and DX10 were a beautiful thing on my 8800gts .:)