**OFFICIAL** AT Battlefield 3 FAQ and News Thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by GullyFoyle, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Arkaign

Arkaign Lifer

Oh god yes.

My dream is still limited vehicle and infantry spawns. Make the game a lot more strategic and not endless spam.

2. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

3. raasco

raasco Platinum Member

Prior to Aftermath being released I know this wasn't the case. I had a friend without Premium(only B2K) who could not join me on servers running AK or CC maps in the rotation. Since then, he has purchased Premium, so I'm not sure if that is the case anymore.

4. darkewaffle

darkewaffle Diamond Member

Before I got premium a few months ago I never really had a hard time finding vanilla servers. Though I only play on hardcore, but I doubt there's ever been more HC than SC available.

5. moonbogg

moonbogg Diamond Member

Does SC mean Standard Core? I enjoy standard core servers myself.

6. destrekor

destrekor Lifer

I was thinking Hardcore v. Softcore. :D

7. DeadFred

DeadFred Platinum Member

8. raasco

raasco Platinum Member

Is it just me or does he not have recoil on that M60?

9. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle Diamond Member

Battlelog - 5 new Premium Assignments/weapon camos live

10. Childs

Childs Lifer

Heh, I am subbed to this guy. He's generally just a good player, but he buddy FrankieonPCin1080p is even better. For some reason I like the UK commentators.

#11286 Childs, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  11. DeadFred

DeadFred Platinum Member

He came into the server and everyone was going gah gah, half my team switched sides the next round. LOL

After being killed by him a few times and hearing all the hub bub, I became obsessed with killing only him and I wanted his dog tags BAD. Unfortunately for me he was constantly surrounded by lackeys, there was no way I could get close enough to knife him but I tried anyhow. I was able to shoot and kill him a few times at least. :D

12. TheNiceGuy

TheNiceGuy Golden Member

Thanks Termie. I checked it out and the hd7850 is about $250, so about $500 for a hardware upgrade. I guess there's no way around it, if you want to play you got to pay.

13. moonbogg

moonbogg Diamond Member

This gives me fantasies about being the last man standing on my team and saving the day by finishing off the last few enemies. Everyone would be biting their nails in anticipation as they see me turn a corner and snipe the last few remaining men for the win. As they all spectate those final few moments they would all cheer, "Yeah Moonbogg YEAH!" as my character is the last one standing in victory and honor. Heh, maybe in BF4.

14. chucky2

chucky2 Diamond Member

I thought the same thing. How is that possible?

15. moonbogg

moonbogg Diamond Member

Not possible. HACKS!

16. hondaf17

hondaf17 Senior member

My favorite PC game ever was the original Ghost Recon. 10 minute maps, 3 respawns. Most kills on winning team picks next map. Absolutely awesome, as what you described above happened. Very suspenseful games and it actually meant something to kill someone.

17. chucky2

chucky2 Diamond Member

Are you kidding here or serious? I've never hacked (don't even know how to), but just from using the belt feds, I can't see how that's possible to keep that steady using just a keyboard and mouse with no assistance.

Chuck

18. Durvelle27

Durvelle27 Diamond Member

who wants to play BF3

19. Childs

Childs Lifer

Kinda funny when you play against "famous" players and you dont think anything of it at the time other than a worthy adversary, then realize later via youtube the guy was supposed to be somebody. Usually its guys I go back in forth with trading kills, and then they are gone the next round because it was ruining their KD or their gameplay video. I remember once Sgt Enigma joined the server, killed me twice, and I killed him twice, and then the bailed. Didnt even finish the round. Makes me wonder how many games they need to play just to get a good one to post. And as you saw, they hardly ever run solo. Hard to really know how good they really are.

20. moonbogg

moonbogg Diamond Member

I was actually kidding, but nothing would surprise me anymore regarding hackers since they are everywhere. It WOULD take a certain degree of testicular fortitude to post a video of you hacking and hope people don't notice though. I personally don't suspect the guy.
    Not trying to brag here, but I have become very very good at detecting an aim hack upon just about the first shot, it might take 2 or 3 shots if they are good at hiding it. The nature of the shot itself is a dead giveaway. Its hard to explain, but its like the shot just teleports to you or something. It just doesn't feel natural when you get hit by an aim hack.

EDIT: @childs...yeah I see what you are saying. IMO, there are different kinds of players or different measures of skill. You have team players and then you got solo players. I do both personally, but I enjoy sniping usually. Even if you are perched on a tower and people don't consider that team play, there is some value in sending the entire enemy team back to respawn more than twice during a game. It does slow down the overall progress of the team and it gives your team an advantage when you help clear a flag before they get there.
    I have had people who were next to me who were good support players and they are invaluable. They keep you loaded with ammo and keep you in the game. It looks like the guy in the video is just a killing machine, plain and simple, at least in small maps that is. How well would he do on Oman?

#11296 moonbogg, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  21. Durvelle27

Durvelle27 Diamond Member

Long time no see moon

22. chucky2

chucky2 Diamond Member

Just makes me really wonder is all on how he is able to hold the M60 that steady all the time. That is almost laser like steady when running large bursts like that. I've never scouted around for BF3 tips/tricks like some kind of mouse and/or keyboard program that could add in say some kind of down movement whenever you're firing or something like that. To me that might not be some kind of coded cheat, but, if you personally aren't doing it, it's a cheat.

Break.

The other thing I realized tonight is...

...this game really to me has lost its fun factor. Apart from the total F'up that is DICE coding 7.62mm vs lessor calibers, I think what's made it not fun for me are the jets. DICE really really messed up in the way they designed how jets are to be used in the game IMHO. In real life, they need a FAC calling in coords, laser designating, and/or putting smoke either on target, or, directing off of smoke. Why? Because in real life jets pilots can't hardly see the buildings at the altitudes they need to be at, let alone individual people. Pilots carry binoculars with them to aid in even seeing WTF the ground guys are talking about.

It's like DICE either spent zero time looking at how jets are used in the real world, or, looked at how they're used and then said, 'Welp, lets make it the exact opposite.' In doing so, they made any decent jet pilot a top player, and any good to great jet pilot essentially invincible.

It's not Flyingfield 3, it's Battlefield 3. I'm actually thinking about playing Hardcore Infantry only maps...that's like the only way to even approach some kind of realism, and that's still going to have to factor in the cheaters.

DICE needs to come out with Battlefield 3.5, maybe fundamentally fix some sh1t before even bothering with BF4.

Chuck

23. felang

felang Senior member

That would be awesome!

24. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

i still enjoy the game but i have to agree with your feelings on Jets, which is prob why i stick to maps without Jets most of the time