NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 302 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Did anyone else NOT get their stimulus direct deposit payment from the IRS yet? I entered my bank account info a week ago, and my status hasn't changed since then.
I haven't gotten it and my status was not available or unknown on that stupid IRS site.

Nov 8, 2012
94504790_4338758209471399_1636075728787210240_n.jpg

Text looks like it was written by a woman. Unless she is a lesbian, this is complete bullshit.

We all know it's the woman who says "I don't know" when it comes to where to eat.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
The Abbott Labs IgG antibody tests are now available through Quest Diagnostics. Our doctor is going to order them for us and we'll hit one of their centers for the blood draw. University of Washington Virology independently verified the manufacturer claim of 100% sensitivity and 99.5% specificity.
www.healthonelabs.com can write you a prescription for the antibody test for 200$. or i guess you could get it for free fromyour dr.. (testing is close by at quest)

Did anyone else NOT get their stimulus direct deposit payment from the IRS yet? I entered my bank account info a week ago, and my status hasn't changed since then.
i actually hope i dont get the check and i can just deduct it from my taxes next year :) (( no word on the deposit and also the site says unknown bla)

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I'd imagine that we'll get plenty more foot in mouth senior moments like that one over the next few years... .

Oh, we don't have to wait nearly that long. Last night Rudy Giuliani went on the Laura Ingraham show and put his foot firmly in his mouth when discussing Andrew Cuomo's creation of a coronavirus contact tracing army that will help find people infected with the coronavirus and get them into isolation. Giuliani said "We should trace everybody for cancer, and heart disease. And obesity. I mean, a lot of things kill you more than Covid-19. So, we should be traced for all those things."

Not the way it works, Rudy. Not even a little bit.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Some good news

Food = Surface

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Just talked to one of my buddies who works at UPS. He said it's worse than Christmas. They can't even fit everything on the trucks at this point. People are just buying stuff like mad!

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
LOL ... The Onion a month ago.

EVANSTON, WY—Throwing bottles of bleach, ammonia, and Drano into a cart at his local grocery store, area man Troy Mitchell was reportedly stocking up on one of every cleaning product he could find Wednesday in case President Donald Trump announces it is a coronavirus cure. “I got toilet bowl cleaner, carpet cleaner, Swiffer WetJet refills—you name it—just so me and my family will be ready if the president announces one of these things can treat Chinese virus,” said Mitchell, indiscriminately throwing containers of laundry detergent, Scrubbing Bubbles, grout whitener, steel wool, Febreze, Tilex mold and mildew remover, and laptop screen wipes into the cart, the contents of which rang up to $2,513.67 at checkout. “I’m not getting caught without some oven degreaser should Trump say it’s going to save us, so I better go ahead and grab me a bottle. After this, I’m hitting the hardware store to pick up a 5-gallon bucket of roof sealant to make sure I’m prepared in the event that turns out to be what gets rid of the Wuhan. Could just be 10 or 20 squirts of Windex into each nostril. You never know what might work in a pinch!” At press time, neighbors confirmed Mitchell had been found unresponsive on the floor of his bathroom with several empty aerosol cans of Rust-Oleum wax-and-tar-removing solvent by his head.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yup, he did what we all knew he would do, what he does every day.
He lies about his lies and is never held accountable for anything he says.

Noid

Platinum Member
Sep 20, 2000
Ban bats from Asian food markets.

( Yea ... they eat bats in China )

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Yea our doc just ordered it and we were in the system. Swung by one of the draw outlets and in-out in like 5 min. Quest says 1-2 days for results.

Dang. I called & our Quest isn't getting them until the end of May :(

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Dang. I called & our Quest isn't getting them until the end of May :(

Ouch. Other labs might have them but it takes some searching around right now. Abbott says by June they’ll ship 20M a month and Roche is expected to deploy their own test in May.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Some dude in NY officially charged with hoarding and price gouging.
it will probably stick because he got a cease and desist order from the AG weeks ago.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Some dude in NY officially charged with hoarding and price gouging.
it will probably stick because he got a cease and desist order from the AG weeks ago.
Hoarding and price-gouging are mutually-exclusive. When you have more than you need and you intend to take advantage of the situation for personal gain you can either scalp (smart) or you can hoard (dumb). If someone intends to scalp and then can't because they weren't allowed to sell it then you turned them into a hoarder by blocking sales. Scalpers always intend to sell.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Ban bats from Asian food markets.

( Yea ... they eat bats in China )

They eat bats in China and other parts of Asia, including pangolins and snakes. Supposedly thats how people flaunt their wealth by eating exotic meats when poor people can only afford pork.

Asia has had open food markets selling all kinds of things for who knows how long. You can try to ban exotic meats but it will just go underground and the criminal gangs will profit from it like they do now. Video set to best part @ 10:30. The bat connection starts at 12:20:

This is not to first and will not be the last highly contagious disease originating from bats to come from China, the Middle East and Africa (like SARS/MERS/COVID/Ebola):

"This makes bats a unique reservoir of rapidly reproducing and highly transmissible viruses. While the bats can tolerate viruses like these, when these bat viruses then move into animals that lack a fast-response immune system, the viruses quickly overwhelm their new hosts, leading to high fatality rates. "

Last edited:

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I haven't received mine yet.
I've been having my tax refunds direct deposited for several years now, but i haven't checked my status on that site. Not sure if it matters but i sent my returns in early April & i still mail them in.