NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 150 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2012
People who are stocking their kitchens with crap foods: chips, soda, pizzas, hot dogs, candy, cookies, etc are FOOLS. When you get sick you want your immune system firing on all cylinders. 110%. You don't want it junked up with processed foods! Wtf people.

Also, if you smoke or have weight issues get that handled ASAP. Any underling issue like asthma will make this worse. Get good sleep, and if you can meditate to help with anxiety.

There is some rationality to some of it... I don't know if you know this... but.... fresh food goes bad! I know, right? Who knew?!

There's a reason I made sure to have 6+ frozen pizzas "just in case".

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
There is some rationality to some of it... I don't know if you know this... but.... fresh food goes bad! I know, right? Who knew?!

There's a reason I made sure to have 6+ frozen pizzas "just in case".
You do know you can fit far more food per sq inch, and by the dollar, but just buying meat, frozen veggies, and like, rice and beans/potatoes right?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Foreign airlines like Virgin Atlantic, SAS, and Finnair cutting schedules down to almost nothing and laying off (or "unpaid leave") most of their workforces. Italy just propped up Alitalia with 600M euro.

Expect US airlines to follow suit this week. Absent federal action in the next couple weeks widespread bankruptcies next month.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
People who are stocking their kitchens with crap foods: chips, soda, pizzas, hot dogs, candy, cookies, etc are FOOLS. When you get sick you want your immune system firing on all cylinders. 110%. You don't want it junked up with processed foods! Wtf people.

Also, if you smoke or have weight issues get that handled ASAP. Any underling issue like asthma will make this worse. Get good sleep, and if you can meditate to help with anxiety.
aren't you the poster who said that the worlds population needs a good trimming down?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I hope we don't end up with an Italy-type lockdown. Because I dread to think what some of my neighbours are going to be like if we are all told to stay indoors. It's going to be like that JG Ballard story about the high-rise block.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Yeah governor here in Michigan shut all bars and restaurants except for take out (and drive thru I assume). Yikes.

Konocti Lisa

Mar 16, 2020
If the Chinese would stop eating endangered animals out of jungles like pangolins & civets & monkeys & eating things not meant to be eaten this would have never started . They're considering a ban on eating dogs cats rats horses and donkeys right now. Why don't they eat each other there's certainly no endangered status on the citizens on the mainland of China. If this comment gets me banned good enough & cheers at least I got to say what's deep in my angry disgusted heart.

Reactions: Artorias

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
If the Chinese would stop eating endangered animals out of jungles like pangolins & civets & monkeys & eating things not meant to be eaten this would have never started . They're considering a ban on eating dogs cats rats horses and donkeys right now. Why don't they eat each other there's certainly no endangered status on the citizens on the mainland of China. If this comment gets me banned good enough & cheers at least I got to say what's deep in my angry disgusted heart.
blame the Chinese huh?

Imdmn04

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002

Racist much?

MERS started in the Middle East, Ebola in Africa.

Reactions: Brainonska511

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Cuomo just closed restaurants with limited access to take out and they close at 8 PM. Theaters too and all private and public gatherings over 50 people.

"Sonny, we had these things called restaurants back in the day".

I don't blame Cuomo, not one bit, but these things are will kill businesses and spider out along the economic web to impact every segment, because that's a given for all consumer-based societies.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001

What determines what is "meant to be eaten"? You think insects of the ocean such as lobster is a natural food too? People also eat many animals in contact with their own feces. Please tell us all about what else is deep in your heart.

I just watched a video mentioning former beliefs that TB is a Jewish disease and Cholera is from the Irish. Let's all go with that just the same right?

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
All California bars, nightclubs, wineries and brew pubs will be closed because they are "a non-essential function," state Gov. Gavin Newsom said during a press conference Sunday.

Restaurant capacities must be reduced by half to practice social distancing, Newsom said.

hey so cool, who cares about bars anyway? mindless drunken idiots imo
Mine too. I have only gone into a bar IIRC once in my life and had drinks, and it was on a double date. A great time, but I will not go into a bar to drink, period. In fact, when I go to music venues I do not drink... ever! Newsom directed 65+ people to self-isolate and I'm doing that starting right now. Sent an email to the management of the college radio station I have worked at for decades announcing this.

Public information campaigning is huge right now ... has to be in the spirit we had during the world wars. Band together to prevent a catastrophe!
Well, them mainland chinese and the commie government are trying to say this virus was the US. Scroll up and see a few links already posted.
How the fuck is blaming gonna help? We don't have time for that.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I don't get it ... why are preppers laughing?

Until there's an actual need for the items, they're still looneys 'R Us.

They already have very much and much more of what regular folks are desperately looking for now. They would be like "we told you so". You know just like the ant and the grasshopper. Full disclosure - <<--- Not a prepper by any mean.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Last edited:

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
They already have very much and much more of what regular folks are desperately looking for now. They would be like "we told you so". You know just like the ant and the grasshopper. Full disclosure - <<--- Not a prepper by any mean.

That's like saying my kids go out and buy all the candy at the surrounding stores and other kids don't have any. My kids should be laughing that they have it all? There's other things to be concerned with.

Short supply doesn't mean they were right until it is an actual needed commodity. Nobody should feel that way about the TP or ammo until something happens. The preppers are the only ones who do.

Dec 10, 2005
There are ways to criticize the wild life meat markets without being a racist asshat.

Vox has a nice video on the subject. The short of it: at a minimum, regulations are needed to keep animals segregated do they aren't sitting in the fluids of other animals, and the butchering should have some cleanliness standards to limit the spread and mixing of the animal fluids.