NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 442 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
I never said I make big money I make less than 200k a year its nothing. I don't care about anyone but myself. I don't believe food is a source of the virus, do you? You talk with professionals hundreds of times a day?? Haha what do u talk with them for 10 second periods or are you exaggerating about everything you say??

Really???!?! Yes, most of my interactions are seconds, at most minutes. How long do you talk with the management of your place of employ? Foolhardy suits you well.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
If you took this kind of attitude at one of the facilities I run, you would not be “making big money” very long, especially if you are a traveler. If you care about the patients you treat, do the things that keep them safe. Given your exposure to a population that this virus can impact very seriously, you should try hard to not get while you are off spending all that money you make. I could argue with you about the details, but your attitude shows a disrespect toward your patients, if you are working in a “medical” field. I talk with medical professionals hundreds of times a day and I have yet to hear one come across one with this kind of general disregard for safety. Most are in this field because they care more about others than themselves. Just sayin.
I believe he works in a correctional facility. I don't know if he works as a nurse or a guard but he's definitely not a doc. Basically he's union prison employee.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Really???!?! Yes, most of my interactions are seconds, at most minutes. How long do you talk with the management of your place of employ? Foolhardy suits you well.
You failed to say if you think the virus is in food and that it is a source of infection. I challenged anyone to find just one case of ingesting the virus and contacting it. All those professionals who u speak to for mear seconds must really enlightening you. I don't speak to management only to co workers and have very long conversations with drs everyday. None of them think that eating the virus is a issue its not ecoli as someone else has mentioned

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I never said I make big money I make less than 200k a year its nothing. I don't care about anyone but myself. I don't believe food is a source of the virus, do you? You talk with professionals hundreds of times a day?? Haha what do u talk with them for 10 second periods or are you exaggerating about everything you say??
What's with this bizarre word manipulation? When food is contaminated with respiratory droplets containing the virus, the food still isn't the "source." The person the droplets came from is the source. The food is just a contaminated surface.

Understand? As with any surface, food can be contaminated.

Reactions: Muse

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
What's with this bizarre word manipulation? When food is contaminated with respiratory droplets containing the virus, the food still isn't the "source." The person the droplets came from is the source. The food is just a contaminated surface.

Understand? As with any surface, food can be contaminated.
Yes u people keep saying this but have yet to provide one instance wouldnt it be infecting people left and right if it was possible? It would be easy to trace if it indeed was possible. But you just keep pretending you know and can provide zero proof

There have been no reports of faecal−oral transmission of the COVID-19 virus to date.

Also you can not get it from blood transmission but you think can get it from food heh show me one person who will back this

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
Texas state government finds way to outsmart virus by...reclassifying bars into restaurants so they can open.

State positivity is 20%.

There was admittedly a distinct problem here. There were places such as St. Arnold's brewery - they have a LEGIT... INCREDIBLY NICE ass restaurant at their brewery....

Majority of people that go to the brewerly likely have Lunch/Dinner. In the original rules, they were deemed a "bar" because of the fact that they distribute beer - which is incredibly absurd. The fact that they brew and distribute beer to places like grocery stores shouldn't effect if it's called a bar or not.

There are also just a lot of really nice pubs being closed too because of this. It's really lame - and I honestly don't think them properly reclassifying things has anything to do with increases in cases.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
There are also just a lot of really nice pubs being closed too because of this. It's really lame - and I honestly don't think them properly reclassifying things has anything to do with increases in cases.
Opening more stuff equates to more cases. Less stuff open = less people interacting = less cases. If we're collectively willing to accept some rather large measure of loss of life in exchange for economic activity, then so be it... But don't pretend that opening more stuff won't matter.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
118477197_1963799857084248_6814322667680992643_n.jpg

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Yes u people keep saying this but have yet to provide one instance wouldnt it be infecting people left and right if it was possible? It would be easy to trace if it indeed was possible. But you just keep pretending you know and can provide zero proof

There have been no reports of faecal−oral transmission of the COVID-19 virus to date.

Also you can not get it from blood transmission but you think can get it from food heh show me one person who will back this
Straws aren't "food," genius.

Saliva from strangers isn't "food" either, genius.

Contamination in your food infecting your respiratory tract the same way any surface contamination does is not getting it through "ingestion," genius.

The "ingestion" of food or drink was incidental.

YOU are the one equating two totally different things and then demanding that we prove something no one ever said (proof that you can get a GI infection from ingesting "infected food").

We have been talking about directly contaminated food/utensils infecting you the same way as any surface contamination transferred through your eyes, nose, or mouth... not whether or not properly handled food is safe after being prepared by an infected individual. Go on barking up the wrong tree if you want but it isn't a good look for you.

• Haha
Reactions: killster1 and Muse

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

No. The concern was with accidentally using a stranger's straw. People aren't doing things like that to be spreading the infection around left and right like that, and if you or your coworkers are doing things like that when feeding thousands of people for you to think it has some relevance then something is seriously wrong with you.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
You failed to say if you think the virus is in food and that it is a source of infection. I challenged anyone to find just one case of ingesting the virus and contacting it. All those professionals who u speak to for mear seconds must really enlightening you. I don't speak to management only to co workers and have very long conversations with drs everyday. None of them think that eating the virus is a issue its not ecoli as someone else has mentioned

This is your schtick not mine. Interesting. Long conversations with doctors every day. And here you said I was the one exaggerating. Go figure. The next time you want my opinion, maybe try not to be so condescending. It’s a novel virus. We will not know things for a year or two. Until then, most of this is premature. Kind of like your personality. Just take precautions. Next thing you know you’ll want to arm wrestle for the title. Good luck with that.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
I believe he works in a correctional facility. I don't know if he works as a nurse or a guard but he's definitely not a doc. Basically he's union prison employee.

Not sure what prison can pay that kind of salary, but I think he is making it all up. There is not a medical environment I have been part of that allows for hours of conversation, especially with physicians (or as he says doctors, err drs). Heck, even my board members and I do not have hours of conversation. Every once in a while, yes, regularly no way. Their time is too valuable. I guess maybe at General Hospital or another fantasy medical operation.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Straws aren't "food," genius.

Saliva from strangers isn't "food" either, genius.

Contamination in your food infecting your respiratory tract the same way any surface contamination does is not getting it through "ingestion," genius.

The "ingestion" of food or drink was incidental.

YOU are the one equating two totally different things and then demanding that we prove something no one ever said (proof that you can get a GI infection from ingesting "infected food").

We have been talking about directly contaminated food/utensils infecting you the same way as any surface contamination transferred through your eyes, nose, or mouth... not whether or not properly handled food is safe after being prepared by an infected individual. Go on barking up the wrong tree if you want but it isn't a good look for you.
This is your schtick not mine. Interesting. Long conversations with doctors every day. And here you said I was the one exaggerating. Go figure. The next time you want my opinion, maybe try not to be so condescending. It’s a novel virus. We will not know things for a year or two. Until then, most of this is premature. Kind of like your personality. Just take precautions. Next thing you know you’ll want to arm wrestle for the title. Good luck with that.
Yes i do sit and talk to Dr's (not everyday they are off on weekends)

As for as straws and someone sneezing on food I would think the straw to have less saliva and not inhaled. I guess me asking for any expert on earth linking a case to someone eating the virus is to much and we should wait years to figure that out. Lulz.. every dr I asked and conversed with said food was not a risk, we talk for a good 15 to 20 mins, usually about girls and gambling but often times its about medical things. So fun to worry about being the first written case of corona virus from sharing a drink ;) (honestly I don't see how anyone loses track of their drink but hey maybe you all bought fountain drinks from the same stand.) Sure hope they didnt touch the inside of your cup or sneeze on it DOUBLE INFECTED!!! LULZ. So ya good u can't even show one person or case of eating the virus leading to infection. I have real issues to worry about. Food isn't one of them, no one would be eating out if this was a issue

Did I say hours??? Another case of making things up!! Congrats with your tales of fiction and zero proof ;) its not a prison either. Drs work about 3 hours of their 8 hour shifts and they actually do take breaks

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
This thing about the oral pathway is really good news. We've been wasting a lot of time and energy on washing our hands. Good to know we can stop that nonsense as hands don't breathe.

Reactions: Ichinisan and CZroe

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Government planning indicates relatively low availably of RNA vaccines with no more than 45M doses thru December assuming both Moderna and Pfizer's vaccines meet standards. Healthcare workers would get most of this considering the 2 dose regimen.

If AZ's vaccine is approved that would increase the supply considerably given it is much easier to manufacture.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Got my third test. Scheduled it at midnight the night before and it seemed like the very first appointment was available. I picked a slightly later time only to see that I got a slot 5 minutes earlier than the one I picked... and then my brother somehow got the same time slot. Not nearly as weird as when he got someone else's email confirmation, but something ain't right with their scheduling.

The screener asked me for my last name, asked me to spell it, and asked for my first name. I deliberately didn't say anything about how she was going to get almost the exact same answer to all those questions from the car behind me, since it was my twin brother and we have similar first names. :)

The test itself was uneventful. Just triggered a lot of watery eyes like the last two times. Results keep coming in less than 24 hours, so bow we wait.

ThatsABigOne

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
Belarus had massive protests with over 150k people in close proximity over last couple of weeks, with only 5-10% of people wearing masks. Also, lots of people were beaten and put into cellars with 40 other people in each cellar.
Corona infection rates are still very low.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Kushner says on TV the US will have 100M vaccine doses by end of year. This has to include Astrazeneca.

Also we should not be getting this news from the president's son in law who is in charge of his campaign.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Kushner says on TV the US will have 100M vaccine doses by end of year. This has to include Astrazeneca.

Also we should not be getting this news from the president's son in law who is in charge of his campaign.

Isn't it strange/sad that this has become the 'norm'? Hopefully not for much longer.