New Political Forum

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I think this needs to be said out loud:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?p=34785208#post34785208
Charles Kozierok said:
Very well said, many of you. Abraxas, I think you cut to the heart of the matter.

Ironically, I think the fact that so many conservatives are so thin-skinned about that thread makes them look far worse than the thread itself did.

It was implied in that discussion that I was biased, for no other reason than my refusal to shut it down. Also ironic.

IMO, this is all a rather vivid illustration that much of the protestation about "liberal bias" and the desire for many conservatives to have their own information sources that they can shape in their own image -- even going so far to creating their own wikipedia that they can slant in their direction -- is really just an inability to look at themselves with anything approaching objectivity.

And I also think that's a primary reason so many of the far right-wingers won't even step foot in here.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but my reason for not even requesting permission to enter your debate club, was because it was clear early on in this thread that the forum would be used primarily by a select few people to stroke their egos.

And from what I've seen looking at the threads there, I made the correct decision. You in particular have been on an extended ego trip ever since being granted moderator rights, you immediately began being more verbally aggressive in your posts.

And the fucking hypocrisy, it's pretty damn amazing! Bottom line is, you don't get to make that post you did, then later on respond to another person with "Not sure what it is you expected this place to be, but it's not really well-suited to people who aren't able or willing to explain their viewpoints."

Please, do us all a favor and just admit there is a list of people you do not respect and do not want being a part of this site. It's perfectly clear to everyone, why put on a song and dance projecting a message that it's all about following rules?

Have fun continuing stroking your ego :) This is an internet forum that really has little to no impact on anyone after they close their web browser.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I cannot speak for anyone else, but my reason for not even requesting permission to enter your debate club, was because it was clear early on in this thread that the forum would be used primarily by a select few people to stroke their egos.-- you are not being truthful at all! But the truth be said I don`t think anybody cares why you don`t post in DC....in fact some of us could careless......

And from what I've seen looking at the threads there, I made the correct decision. You in particular have been on an extended ego trip ever since being granted moderator rights, you immediately began being more verbally aggressive in your posts. -- you guys are trying to do to Charles what you managed to do to Idontcare and that is run him out of town...that will not happen!

And the fucking hypocrisy, it's pretty damn amazing! Bottom line is, you don't get to make that post you did, then later on respond to another person with "Not sure what it is you expected this place to be, but it's not really well-suited to people who aren't able or willing to explain their viewpoints." -- no its amazing that somebody like you has to misrepresent your position and out right lie and make assumptions without backing up what you are saying......but that is par for the course in P&N....

Please, do us all a favor and just admit there is a list of people you do not respect and do not want being a part of this site. It's perfectly clear to everyone, why put on a song and dance projecting a message that it's all about following rules? -- please do us alla favor and just admit that you cannot exist in a forum where you have to be civil and abide by the rules...

Have fun continuing stroking your ego This is an internet forum that really has little to no impact on anyone after they close their web browser.
cubby1223 is online now Report Post
It is really pitiful that find a need to attack somebody just because you don`t have the capacity to post without attacking the messenger....

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
I cannot speak for anyone else, but my reason for not even requesting permission to enter your debate club, was because it was clear early on in this thread that the forum would be used primarily by a select few people to stroke their egos.

And from what I've seen looking at the threads there, I made the correct decision. You in particular have been on an extended ego trip ever since being granted moderator rights, you immediately began being more verbally aggressive in your posts.

I'm not sure what you expect me to say in response to this. If you don't like me personally and don't want to post in a room I moderate as a result of that, well, that's your choice.

I've actually made a deliberate effort to soften the tone of my posts over the last couple of months. I find it.. interesting.. that in a room filled with people constantly swearing. flaming, trolling, flame-baiting, diverting and derailing threads, you don't appear to have made any comment about any of it, yet you decided to pluck one post of mine out of an open DC thread to respond to here accusing me of being "verbally aggressive". I'd say you are seeing what you want to see.

And the fucking hypocrisy, it's pretty damn amazing! Bottom line is, you don't get to make that post you did, then later on respond to another person with "Not sure what it is you expected this place to be, but it's not really well-suited to people who aren't able or willing to explain their viewpoints."

I do, I did, and I will again. I said that people need to explain their views and I have done that. So, if you think what I said is inconsistent, then please explain how and why.

Please, do us all a favor and just admit there is a list of people you do not respect and do not want being a part of this site. It's perfectly clear to everyone, why put on a song and dance projecting a message that it's all about following rules?

I've been entirely clear from day one that there is a small number of people here that I do not respect and would be thrilled if they were booted from the site. So there's nothing to admit.

But again, there's no "smoking gun" here. It is about following rules. You seem to be implying that my "list" is entirely based on political viewpoint, but that's not the case. The people I don't respect and would like to see not part of the site are those who behave obnoxiously or are incapable to conducting a rational conversation.

For the record, I personally was in favor of giving everyone an opportunity to try out the DC regardless of their past history. The application process was not my idea. Even with it in place, only one person out of the 100+ who have asked to join the DC has been refused.

Have fun continuing stroking your ego :) This is an internet forum that really has little to no impact on anyone after they close their web browser.

For something that doesn't matter, you seem pretty worked up.

Anyway, if you want to participate in the DC, then do; if you don't, then don't. The choice is entirely yours.

If the members of the DC decide they prefer a different moderator, they need only agree on whom it should be, and I'll step aside.

Last edited:

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Charles, I am sure that you are aware of there being no current reasonable worry concerning the current moderators' ability to distinguish their moderator duties from engaging in topical discussion.

Unfortunately, there are complaints but they are few and sparse from the typical vocal rabble of the P&N who have perverse beliefs that the expression of statements and opinions are to lack accountability in society. Such are afraid to enter the DC as there will lack the idealogue brownshirts to browbeat down those who dare to present a composed, civil, and rational rebuttals. When lacking the will and ability to respond in suitable kind, the poor recourse to gutter talk is frustratingly unavailable. Without the unreasonable and vocal rabble of the P&N posting and to back them up, a perception of political bias is present. What only is present is a bias against unreasonable uncivility and the lacking fortitude found in the P&N to present a manufactured balance of non-equivalent and disruptive presentations.

For some, the lack of noise in the DC is apparently equating to the silencing of political partisanship. No, it's the vacancy of unreasonable presentations that is present in the DC.

As the only practical differences between the DC and P&N are that adequately civilised behavioural expectations, a solution to the complaints of political bias and segmentation between forums is to eliminate the DC and equally apply its rules of conduct to the P&N. Unlike the perceptual fear (unfounded) of not belonging to the DC, everyone already has access here -- it just needs to have the overtly disruptive characters cleaned up.

Unfortunately, I think the decision to keep the P&N as it is may be a business decision to keep the forum traffic at current levels. If that must be the case, then thankfully there is the DC for the reasonable and more civilised folk. Those who fear to enter -- it is everyone's loss.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Lovin' this thread.

Nothing gets me laughing harder in the morning than reading the "logic" of secular progressives who wish to force their mores on everyone else. For our own damned good of course. ;) Now, we should impose the restrictions of DC on P&N. Clean up the "overtly disruptive characters". Who didn't see this coming?

After creating a forum strictly for them, where they can converse as they wish, their tender sensibilities are still being offended by the mere presence of the original political forum in such close proximity with all the rabble and non-progressives posting within it.

These people will NEVER be happy. The quest for perfection, the overwhelming desire for conformity of thought and action is a perversity that they cannot control. It's a form of mental illness. Do not give in to them. You cannot ever make them happy. You will never be able to do enough to make them happy because the goalpost will be constantly moved. These people will seek to control your thoughts, your actions, the orbit of the earth and the solar system itself if humored enough and given the funds they think they need to do it all. History shows us what they are capable of given enough power. Give them a little more time and they'll demand a symbol next to everyone's name here that designates whether they are worthy of posting in DC.

You thought this new forum was going to take care of "the problem" but there is nothing that will take care of it. Their desires will never be satisfied. Close down P&N and let the chosen few into the new forum and they will seek one by one to control each and every sub-forum here. Don't kid yourself by thinking they won't. They feel they are smarter than everyone else and they are very willing to let you know.

You've humored them. There are two paths. Continue on this one and reap the shit you've sown perhaps forever. Or, declare it an experiment that failed and revert back. Some folks will be offended, but they will get over it. Some will proclaim they are leaving - let them. It comes down to the path of least resistance. Based on my understanding of the compensation levels here, I'd definitely be looking for the easiest way to resolve this. Two forums with whiners and complainers or one forum with whiners and complainers. Not rocket science.

Discussion Club was started to satiate the whiners who were too easily offended by the goings on in P&N. Well, now we know they're still offended. No surprise to me. How about you?

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Now, we should impose the restrictions of DC on P&N. Clean up the "overtly disruptive characters". Who didn't see this coming?[/
I am for logic, consistency, and civility. Why should only this one segment of AnandTech society be practiced and designated as the gutter by being absolved from the rules of the rest of the site?

OH DEAR! The repression you must endure to face the basic standards for respectful discussion and civility! The P&N is just the start of the revolution!
Nothing gets me laughing harder in the morning than reading the "logic" of secular progressives who wish to force their mores on everyone else. For our own damned good of course. ;)
:whiste: Right. A wonderful example of feigned oppression and partisan hackery by twisting from reality there, boomerang.

The DC was created to rise up to the standards found in the rest of the AnandTech forums.

The special and distinctive place is the P&N. Due to a present and vocal rabble, it is they that have segmented this place off from abiding to the rest of the social rules and norms of the AnandTech forums.

Last edited:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Whiskey, thanks. Not a problem. I know who the white noise posters are around here at this point, and give them all the credence they have earned.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Like I said -- white noise. Thanks for the demonstration.

The DC exists because of people like you, who contribute absolutely nothing to this forum but bile.

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Hey Whiskey, just wondering, what's it smell like under Charles' skirt?
Only in the P&N are the rabble given the leniency to post crap such as that.

These people will NEVER be happy. The quest for perfection, the overwhelming desire for conformity of thought and action is a perversity that they cannot control. It's a form of mental illness.
The rude and disruptive lot in the P&N have pressured to retain the freedom for abuse and incivility. It's a rioting crowd bullying for control and influence. Unfortunately the owners and moderators of this site have permitted to retain this open sand box to fight in and sully this site.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerang
Hey Whiskey, just wondering, what's it smell like under Charles' skirt?

Only in the P&N are the rabble given the leniency to post crap such as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerang
These people will NEVER be happy. The quest for perfection, the overwhelming desire for conformity of thought and action is a perversity that they cannot control. It's a form of mental illness.

The rude and disruptive lot in the P&N have pressured to retain the freedom for abuse and incivility. It's a rioting crowd bullying for control and influence. Unfortunately the owners and moderators of this site have permitted to retain this open sand box to fight in and sully this site.

Perhaps, but I think you only look at it from your point of view. But look at his previous points:
--------------
"Lovin' this thread.

Nothing gets me laughing harder in the morning than reading the "logic" of secular progressives who wish to force their mores on everyone else. For our own damned good of course. Now, we should impose the restrictions of DC on P&N. Clean up the "overtly disruptive characters". Who didn't see this coming?

After creating a forum strictly for them, where they can converse as they wish, their tender sensibilities are still being offended by the mere presence of the original political forum in such close proximity with all the rabble and non-progressives posting within it.

These people will NEVER be happy. The quest for perfection, the overwhelming desire for conformity of thought and action is a perversity that they cannot control. It's a form of mental illness. Do not give in to them. You cannot ever make them happy. You will never be able to do enough to make them happy because the goalpost will be constantly moved. These people will seek to control your thoughts, your actions, the orbit of the earth and the solar system itself if humored enough and given the funds they think they need to do it all. History shows us what they are capable of given enough power. Give them a little more time and they'll demand a symbol next to everyone's name here that designates whether they are worthy of posting in DC.

You thought this new forum was going to take care of "the problem" but there is nothing that will take care of it. Their desires will never be satisfied. Close down P&N and let the chosen few into the new forum and they will seek one by one to control each and every sub-forum here. Don't kid yourself by thinking they won't. They feel they are smarter than everyone else and they are very willing to let you know.

You've humored them. There are two paths. Continue on this one and reap the shit you've sown perhaps forever. Or, declare it an experiment that failed and revert back. Some folks will be offended, but they will get over it. Some will proclaim they are leaving - let them. It comes down to the path of least resistance. Based on my understanding of the compensation levels here, I'd definitely be looking for the easiest way to resolve this. Two forums with whiners and complainers or one forum with whiners and complainers. Not rocket science.

Discussion Club was started to satiate the whiners who were too easily offended by the goings on in P&N. Well, now we know they're still offended. No surprise to me. How about you?
----------------

Don't you think this is what he feels and how he sees? I think he's wonderfully bravely honest. In the first place, I couldn't post what he posted there without dying of shame. Well I would eat it if I thought it would do him some good, but never mind that. He is, I think, being profoundly honest and saying exactly what, in what I consider to be his demented mind, is his inner reality. And it's really really ugly, but again, only in my opinion, not his.

But I believe, also, that if anybody is ever going to change, they have to puke up first, all the poison their system harbors and that is what he does. I believe, unconsciously, he is striving to heal and is doing some of what it takes, expressing where you actually are at an emotional level. He is an immature imbecile, again in my opinion, and has to start where he is, and that where he is needs to be expressed to do it. So you are worried about how he affects your sensibilities, but he is the one who is really sick, so I'm more worried about his.

I am glad he expresses these kinds of things because they are his reality and he is so lacking in self reflection and shame that he can say them. Let me emphasize one last time, that all this is my opinion, as will be all the rest.

The other point is that if we are to assume he saw you coming, that you would want your notion of perfection to silence him in P & M even having a forum where you wouldn't have to see his opinion, that you are still unhappy he's allowed to post, again, if he saw you coming, could he not be right about you and secular liberals? You appear to be what he predicted you would be. Does he know something about you that you don't see.

The interesting thing about the differences between conservative and liberal thinking, in my opinion, is that each thinks his own way is best and no authoritarian standard can be pointed to, other than neuroscience which conservatives dismiss, to show if one is right and the other wrong. Now I know I'm right but I don't know it in a way I can tell him. And he feels the same, I'm pretty sure. And it will stay that way as long as he deflects and avoids the tentative objectivity of scientists, who are almost all liberal because liberal and scientific are sort of the same thing.

So the bottom line for me is that the science of the mind, call it psychology, tells me that a man must puke before he can heal and P & N has a number of pukers. You don't get well just by puking, but it's a necessary step. I mean by puking the expression of what is sick within, the world view of the mentally ill. Honesty with self is vital to facing reality. A drunk does not become sober until he bottoms out and confronts his actual reality.

So I also want to silence boomerang but not by shutting him up, but by purging him of his poison so he can be a healthy person. When your intention is to take from the mentally ill their illness they think you come for their life. That's the law of the mind and it can't be different.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Is a demand for logic and reason a 'tender' sensibility? How about evidence based argumentation?

These people will NEVER be happy. The quest for perfection, the overwhelming desire for conformity of thought and action is a perversity that they cannot control.
You seem to have mistaken attempts at improving one's knowledge with a desire to control others. Is it that you are arguing that many people come at the world different ways, and thus have their own logics?

Or are you simply pointing out that it is 'deranged' to not think like you?

It's a form of mental illness.
I guess that answers the question.
Do not give in to them.
Is this some self talk? Some admission that you will, you can't be, the self you see yourself as if you confront good logical reason?
You cannot ever make them happy.
But what makes you happy? What have you traded in the way of knowledge and personal growth for this womb of happiness?
You will never be able to do enough to make them happy because the goalpost will be constantly moved.
Again, being a better more knowledgable person is an ongoing, persona, quest. Yes, you are right, there is no 'goal post' in the first place; if you imagine one then it will always move like a mirage in the desert.

It's about waking up to an ever-growing self; a progressive betterment.
These people will seek to control your thoughts, your actions, the orbit of the earth and the solar system itself
Is this not saying that you are afraid that if you looked deep in side, noticed how empty it is to remain "conservative" you might find out that, as CS Lewis once said, "at every moment you are either becoming a more heavenly creature or a more hellish one"?

There's more in all of us; if you want the safety of holding to what you know, you are bound to lose yourself: if you are willing to lose yourself, you can be part of something greater than you... At least that's what Jesus said.

if humored enough and given the funds they think they need to do it all. History shows us what they are capable of given enough power.
Are not the 'progressives' you are so afraid of, stallin, pol-pot, etc. Actually just coming from the same spirit of "them and us" domination of the 'other' ?
Give them a little more time and they'll demand a symbol next to everyone's name here that designates whether they are worthy of posting in DC.
Or maybe a little thing at the bottom of the forum that says "post comment"?

You thought this new forum was going to take care of "the problem" but there is nothing that will take care of it. Their desires will never be satisfied. Close down P&N and let the chosen few into the new forum and they will seek one by one to control each and every sub-forum here.
This is about your fear of facts and honest debate; not what the conspiracy in your mind is about to do.

They feel they are smarter than everyone else and they are very willing to let you know.
I think you are smart enough! Just unwilling to face a social reality that might dare question your tight, warm, world view.

I wonder why you aren't interested in logical discourse supported by facts?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Is a demand for logic and reason a 'tender' sensibility? How about evidence based argumentation?

You seem to have mistaken attempts at improving one's knowledge with a desire to control others. Is it that you are arguing that many people come at the world different ways, and thus have their own logics?

Or are you simply pointing out that it is 'deranged' to not think like you?

I guess that answers the question.

Is this some self talk? Some admission that you will, you can't be, the self you see yourself as if you confront good logical reason?

But what makes you happy? What have you traded in the way of knowledge and personal growth for this womb of happiness?

Again, being a better more knowledgable person is an ongoing, persona, quest. Yes, you are right, there is no 'goal post' in the first place; if you imagine one then it will always move like a mirage in the desert.

It's about waking up to an ever-growing self; a progressive betterment.

Is this not saying that you are afraid that if you looked deep in side, noticed how empty it is to remain "conservative" you might find out that, as CS Lewis once said, "at every moment you are either becoming a more heavenly creature or a more hellish one"?

There's more in all of us; if you want the safety of holding to what you know, you are bound to lose yourself: if you are willing to lose yourself, you can be part of something greater than you... At least that's what Jesus said.

Are not the 'progressives' you are so afraid of, stallin, pol-pot, etc. Actually just coming from the same spirit of "them and us" domination of the 'other' ?

Or maybe a little thing at the bottom of the forum that says "post comment"?

This is about your fear of facts and honest debate; not what the conspiracy in your mind is about to do.

I think you are smart enough! Just unwilling to face a social reality that might dare question your tight, warm, world view.

I wonder why you aren't interested in logical discourse supported by facts?
I can see you put some work into this post. You missed the point of my post though. It was a response to our comrade dear friend Whiskey16 who wishes to curtail free speech so that he may be a happier person.

I will accept at least partial blame for your misunderstanding because I should have briefly told him to keep it in DC. Instead, I pontificated.

I am fighting for the survival of P&N - nothing more. Nobody has to go into this forum if they do not wish to. We all control where we click. DC was created for those that were uncomfortable in here. They have their new home. When they attempt to force the rules of DC on P&N because they are control freaks, or it makes them uncomfortable or for whatever reason, expect more of this from me.

P&N was created to get the political posts out of OT. DC was created for those that wanted to express their viewpoints in the same rigid fashion but in a more civilized manner than was typical in P&N. They have that which they desired. Keep DC rules in DC.

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
I can see you put some work into this post. You missed the point of my post though. It was a response to our comrade dear friend Whiskey16 who wishes to curtail free speech so that he may be a happier person.
This is not your house.

Unfortunately the rioting and vocal rabble have succeeded in your demands the removal of the house rules from the P&N -- to the shame of AnandTech.

You are an advocate for bullying, abuse, and disruption.

boomerang, you are being quite dishonest with the sweeping projection that a call to equal application of rules equate to that of "curtailing free speech."

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Quite correct that P&N is an aberration. It's the only venue here where routinely nasty behavior is tolerated.

But he's correct that rules represent a curtailing of free speech.

What he and other whiners like him always fail to do is explain why they are entitled to any more free speech here than the owner of the site grants to them.

As the saying goes: freedom of the press belongs to those who own one. These days, anyone can have a "press". Boomerang can get his own site set up in minutes, and fill it with as much irrational, obnoxious nonsense as he likes. But he has no claim on Anandtech, nor any other site.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
This is not your house.

Unfortunately the rioting and vocal rabble have succeeded in your demands the removal of the house rules from the P&N -- to the shame of AnandTech.

You are an advocate for bullying, abuse, and disruption.

boomerang, you are being quite dishonest with the sweeping projection that a call to equal application of rules equate to that of "curtailing free speech."
Is it your house? This is a part of my problem with your attitude. You feel that you are a spokesperson for the forum. People come here for various reasons. This forum can become an addiction and for some an unhealthy one. IMO, the degree of ownership you have assigned yourself here is unhealthy. My advice, which you do not want, is to take a month off. Log out in every computer you have at your disposal and go outside and play in the woods or read a book, whatever brings you happiness. Clear your head and rediscover what is important in life because this place is most certainly not.

I did this myself a few months back and found it to be totally a wonderful experience.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
What he and other whiners like him always fail to do is explain why they are entitled to any more free speech here than the owner of the site grants to them.
You are delusional. I am here and speaking my mind. I have just as much free speech as the owner of the site grants me. There are means at the disposal of the powers that be to curtail my free speech here on a total and permanent basis if they so wish. Do not kid yourself, if the powers that be wanted P&N gone it would be gone. Nothing is served by keeping the two forums with the same rules for each. It makes little sense.

One of the signs of maturity is to know when to ignore that which you cannot change. But continue to lobby for the elimination of P&N. I wish you success. My life will continue with a change so small as to be insignificant. But I doubt it will bring you happiness when the smoke clears.

The horse you are on is a high one Charles. You can ride it proudly or you can use it to trample those beneath you. Pick a path but make sure it's the one that will suit you best.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
I don't want an end to P&N, I like thing s exactly how they are.

I suspect as time progresses P&N will be left to Boomerang, incorruptible and others with similar posting styles.

I will still pop in P&N to joyously point out incorruptible's hypocrisy or to laugh at Spidey's overt racism. I am glad I still have a place to go and do that, because in DC it doesn't exist.

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
Nor is it yours.
Rules and expected decorum are present.

Despite boomerang's tone of indifference, though being too lax in comparison to the rest of this forum's rooms, the P&N certainly has limits. cybrsage, despite the relative lax limits of the P&N, you are a prime standing example for one who has repeatedly exceeded even the limits here, having endured multiple forced removals from AnandTech among other sites in the wider world of the internet.

Charles was correct is reply to me -- there are limits to free speech. The expectations of civility and reason stand for the AnandTech rules. That the P&N rabble forcefully rebelled against their full implementation here is a demonstration of how ill this subforum has become and for why it is a blatant aberration upon the brand of AnandTech.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008

I will accept at least partial blame for your misunderstanding because I should have briefly told him to keep it in DC. Instead, I pontificated.

I am fighting for the survival of P&N - nothing more. Nobody has to go into this forum if they do not wish to. We all control where we click. DC was created for those that were uncomfortable in here. They have their new home. When they attempt to force the rules of DC on P&N because they are control freaks, or it makes them uncomfortable or for whatever reason, expect more of this from me.

P&N was created to get the political posts out of OT. DC was created for those that wanted to express their viewpoints in the same rigid fashion but in a more civilized manner than was typical in P&N. They have that which they desired. Keep DC rules in DC.
Got it, thanks for taking the time to clarify.

This is our house: in the middle of the street.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Rules and expected decorum are present.

Despite boomerang's tone of indifference, though being too lax in comparison to the rest of this forum's rooms, the P&N certainly has limits. cybrsage, despite the relative lax limits of the P&N, you are a prime standing example for one who has repeatedly exceeded even the limits here, having endured multiple forced removals from AnandTech among other sites in the wider world of the internet.

Charles was correct is reply to me -- there are limits to free speech. The expectations of civility and reason stand for the AnandTech rules. That the P&N rabble forcefully rebelled against their full implementation here is a demonstration of how ill this subforum has become and for why it is a blatant aberration upon the brand of AnandTech.

I know nothing. I do not know why this forum continues to exist or if it will cease to exist. I do not know as a fact that what I would seek to apply as my notion of the meaning of civility and reason for other people is right. I wouldn't know a rebellious rabble force if one bit me in the ass. I do not believe forums are ill, only that folk who post in them can be. I don't know what an aberration is or what the AnandTech brand is. I do know that I think you are an authoritarian who seems a bit full of himself.

I see you as a person who feels a need to control and that the free opinions of others appear to you to be some sort of threat simply in their expression.

I know that crazy people often seek medical help and that folk who run psychiatric units serve a public interest. As I said above, I am glad there is a place where people can demonstrate who they really are. From this forum I see the state of the world. You seem to me to want to cover your eyes.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I cannot speak for anyone else, but my reason for not even requesting permission...

It isn't all about following rules? I mean... the DC rules are far fewer than I had expected, even based on Perknose's description of it. I've said it before, but it appears to be nothing more than a polite and potentially troll free version of P&N. Serious as opposed to OT spam fest.

If you take the (extra) step and think of it as a debate club - then there's likely no way you'll run foul of the rules. If it is not your forte to make logical arguments, or back them up, then feel free to stay in this... purgatory where trolls run wild.

I'll admit... I've mostly posted in P&N. I think it's a sense of familiarity more than anything else. The (sense of) formality in the DC forum has also kept me from just posting anything that comes to mind - as is oft the case here. So while I've not posted much in DC, I at least respect the notion and do not make such disrespectful claims as you are making against it.

As a "Right Winger" I do not feel threatened by it or by Charles. Though I am disappointed it does not enjoy more participation, as a P&N with a "no spam" / "no insult" rule is needed around here. Well we've got one and I'm happy with that. You don't need to make this extra leap of seemingly thinking that the moderators are out to get you, or filtering political message. I'm sure they'll oppose people's views, we all do - that's the point of political discussion - but I don't see them moderating political views. The DC forum (thus far) is to moderate tone. It is less than likely that you'll face moderation if you simply keep a civil tone and follow a logical debate.

It's a shame that you feel differently.

Last edited: