• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

New Political Forum

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I find your choice of words a poor description for my idea. I suspect DC will gradually become more popular than it is now. I expect all of us will become more familiar with it, and through familiarity - post more frequently.

Perhaps, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
My worry is that over there in DC is going to be like over here in P&N. I already see folk referring to views they don't agree with as moronic or idiotic, etc. in absolute terms without the slightest reasoning to demonstrate, substantiate, back up or prove their opinion in any way.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
My worry is that over there in DC is going to be like over here in P&N. I already see folk referring to views they don't agree with as moronic or idiotic, etc. in absolute terms without the slightest reasoning to demonstrate, substantiate, back up or prove their opinion in any way.
As always, moderation requires walking a tightrope between ensuring a pleasant environment and not clamping down too hard on free expression. But if you see something that seems truly inappropriate, report it.

At any rate, those comments are the exception, not the rule in the DC. Would you say the same here?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Moonie

Please advise any Moderator when you spot this.

Charles and I can not always see everything; by getting it reported allows us to be alerted when something is out of kilter.

ASK THE COMMUNITY