[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 510 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
How is the JT different than the JPII? I just started the JPII, so wondering.

The T3485 is 1,000,000,000x better than the T34. I have the Rudy version, and it's one of my favorite tanks.

The JPII is very mobile, and the upper plate bounces a LOT of shots. I have had games where I blocked upwards of 5000dmg with that thing by keeping my lower plates covered. I also really liked relocating with it. It had the speed of a medium, so flanking and relocating was a common thing for me to do. It also has a great gun for its tier. In T8 battles you just pen everything.

With the JT, its slower than a Tiger II, so you really need to choose where you are going to be in the game right when it starts. Once you commit, relocating isn't an option most of the time. I thing players that play the Ferdi instead of the JPII are better prepared for this game play. But the JPII was more to my play style, so I went with it instead. The JT still blocks tons of shots if you keep your lower plates covered. But the upper armor is not sloped, so you rely solely on its thickness (in which case 250mm is thick). So over all it just takes a very different play style.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
So what is your current favorite tank in the game? The one you go back and play even though you have X2 bonuses to finish?

For me it would be the ELC. Such a fun little tank. Luckily I got 6th sense for the crew in the H35 as i blasted through the 38 and 40.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
So what is your current favorite tank in the game? The one you go back and play even though you have X2 bonuses to finish?

For me it would be the ELC. Such a fun little tank. Luckily I got 6th sense for the crew in the H35 as i blasted through the 38 and 40.

When I played, I had 3. E100, FV183, and the KV-2. I quit when I no longer had fun playing those tanks.

Still, the best 100 bucks I spent in this game was free XPing from the mk1 to the 183. So much trolling.

wetech

Jul 16, 2002
How is the JT different than the JPII? I just started the JPII, so wondering.

The T3485 is 1,000,000,000x better than the T34. I have the Rudy version, and it's one of my favorite tanks.

T-34-85 is amazeballs. Rudy Master Race.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010

Its still my Luchs I think. I am almost finished with the crews second set of skills. If I am not in the top five players for damage or exp, I feel it was a poor game for me. A while back I was the last player left on my team, and took out a KV-2, SU-100, and a Panzer IV H, and had one of them commented "Boy, that Luchs is Feisty!" I lost the game, but was still a ton of fun.

After that, I think it may be my E50. Although I am statistically better in my E75, I like how the E50 is more mobile, but still pretty good armor. And I love the gun on it. With a gun rammer and a 116% crew its rate of fire and aim time is really nice.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011

T-25,buddy bought it for me and i got about 700 games in it.3 sets of skills and a female commander with 6th sense makes it a joy to play.:)

Its got some of the best penetration if not the best for a tier 5 premium,its quick enough and excellent Ap pen make it fun even in tier 7.Damn quick and 610 hit points.:thumbsup:

Biggest downfall is how it turns like a gang banger,it works best for me as a heavy support.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
T-25,buddy bought it for me and i got about 700 games in it.3 sets of skills and a female commander with 6th sense makes it a joy to play.:)

Its got some of the best penetration if not the best for a tier 5 premium,its quick enough and excellent Ap pen make it fun even in tier 7.Damn quick and 610 hit points.:thumbsup:

Biggest downfall is how it turns like a gang banger,it works best for me as a heavy support.

Whats funny is there is now the Czech version of the T-25, which is a tier higher, and with worse armor. But with a better gun.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Whats funny is there is now the Czech version of the T-25, which is a tier higher, and with worse armor. But with a better gun.

I think the Czech T-25 is dreadful, for a tier 5 it would have been great but the Cromwell is already faster with a gun that has a higher Ap pen value then the clip deal is over rated if you happen to not pen or you just miss a shot or 2.Need a good buddy to help out to cover your reload as well or a good supporting team.

Running it to the next tier then quitting the grind,a 100mm gun that is more accurate and same AP pen then that of a KV-85 on a fast tier 7 medium should be a blast.:D

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

ELC is a fun little troll of a tank.

My favorite tanks are.

1) E50. Currently my "comfort tank." This is the tank that, when games are going badly, I go to it to feel better.

2) STB-1. Tier X medium I seem to do best in.

3) T-54 Mod 1. Somehow have ridiculous stats (for me) in it.

4) SU 122-44. OP tank, but love it anyway.

5) WZ 111 1-4. Probably my tank with the highest legitimate stats over a long period of time. Great tank.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000

I don't really have a comfort tank, I have a comfort tier and those are the mediums tanks. I do enjoy the tier 9 tanks the most, so perhaps a small list of that tier.

One of the tanks I'm grinding on is the Lorr 40t and I want to like it but I just can't win in that. 49% win rate in it, though it was 44% changed up some style and equipment and my WN8 in that is 2470. So I'm still doing something wrong.

LT - RU251 (yeah, tier 8 :p )
MT - Centurion 7/1 (Just eeks out over AMX 30)
HT - E75 (Even though I do better in M103 considerably)
TD - None really, Obj. 704 perhaps, T30? Only been though 5 of them and none really stood out.

I did grind 260k XP on WT auf Pz. IV for the WT auf E100 during the On Track, 9 days thereabouts. Wow, what a mean TD (cough, OP) that thing is. Aside from one bad game, doing 0 damage; my minimum had been 2k each game, 3.1k damage is currently my actual average in it. 77% win rate but only 22 games played.

I do plan on trying out the 150mm on it but I suspect it won't go well.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I had no idea so many of you guys still played cuz this thread just about died for a few months.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I had no idea so many of you guys still played cuz this thread just about died for a few months.

Yeah this thread comes and goes :)

Bit of a rant, I hate it when purples in a game call everybody noobs. Last night I was in a game in my E50, I did a bit over 2300dmg, not ground breaking, but quite decent (T10 battle). While playing, the dead purple on our team goes off saying how much of a noob I was because I was trying to battle three tanks that were surrounding me (I was the last player on that side of the map) and was getting shot in the side. But nothing I could do about it. I realize that they are obviously good, although a lot of them don't play random often, and stat pad like crazy, but why trash talk other players that are decent. It just annoys me that a lot of the really good players act like complete AHs. Not that this is unique to this game, but I still don't like it.

Last edited:

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001

I play between bouts of rage quitting. I'm finally giving up my Pz II. at 92% on second skills, and i can't take the low tiers anymore. On to the VK 28 for me.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I play between bouts of rage quitting. I'm finally giving up my Pz II. at 92% on second skills, and i can't take the low tiers anymore. On to the VK 28 for me.

I still prefer the Luchs to the VK28. But the VK28 is one of my most winning tanks. I use the derp with it, as the L48 is just entirely inadequate for T8 and T9 matches. If it had the option to use the L71, it would be pretty nice. But the 105 makes it a great anti-scout tank. You can one shot most scouts. And you can still average about 150dmg per shot using HE on heavies and such.

It basically plays like a medium though. It weighs more than an M4, and has decent armor. I just wish it had a gun available that worked at longer ranges.

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The Czech T9 Skoda is simply amazing with the autoloader. It completely makes up for the horrible T7/T8 Czech grind. I'm doing 3k dmg minimum each match with it. At this rate, I'll have the T10 Skoda unlocked by next week (which I hear is nearly as good).

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Finally just scored my first Pool's Medal, sadly, in a tank I don't do well in, the Lorr. 40 t (49% win rate). Had to do a victory lap in the house for that.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2407929#pilsen-microamp-lorraine_40_t

Great game! I've only gotten one pools medal myself. It was a loss. Loss with a pools medal...

Funny thing is, they had to cap me out to win. There were 3 tanks left and I would have killed them all but I couldn't get back to the cap in time.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
You were on Jingle's YouTube with that replay, great game!

:) Some random person in game messaged me about that. I was ohhh.... off I went to check it out. CDC really was a big help, I did message him after the game thanking him.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
I want the LTTB so bad but I really don't want to grind through the MT-25, I guess I'll buy the MT-25 during this sale and just do my x2 for the next month few months or so.

You really should go for the LTTB, I don't even have the top gun for it yet and i'm having lots of fun with it. Got 6k spotting today. A Waffen E 100 blew his entire clip trying to blind shoot me in the bushes.

Finally just scored my first Pool's Medal, sadly, in a tank I don't do well in, the Lorr. 40 t (49% win rate). Had to do a victory lap in the house for that.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2407929#pilsen-microamp-lorraine_40_t

Do you really play with the minimap that small or was it just something from the replay download? Like how the Caernarvon was clueless. Ah ha! I'm going to snipe those heavies, zoom in! wait? who's shooting me? Which brings me to another question. Should I ditch the Brit heavies? I'm just on the Church 1. Turret is just paper. It almost seems better to stand back and snipe so that the turret is a smaller target, but that is kinda hard to do when you are top tier heavy.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
Do you really play with the minimap that small or was it just something from the replay download? Like how the Caernarvon was clueless. Ah ha! I'm going to snipe those heavies, zoom in! wait? who's shooting me? Which brings me to another question. Should I ditch the Brit heavies? I'm just on the Church 1. Turret is just paper. It almost seems better to stand back and snipe so that the turret is a smaller target, but that is kinda hard to do when you are top tier heavy.

He did what I did while I was unloading my gun... not paying attention, looking down the barrel. I went there to support the heavies that typically go there. Then didn't pay attention that heavies or more than I hoped didn't go there. :/

Did you submit your replay to Jingles?

Yes, I did. I've submitted stuff before, with zero results but figured I had a chance with this, 10 kills but the new map would greatly increase my chances of it being shown. His email can be found on his Youtube page in the About section.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
He did what I did while I was unloading my gun... not paying attention, looking down the barrel. I went there to support the heavies that typically go there. Then didn't pay attention that heavies or more than I hoped didn't go there. :/

The pershing did yolo in there, so i don't think there was much time to react. The Caer did see him sooner than I though. I though he was still looking down the alley after you rounded the corner.

Do you run any mods? I didn't remember seeing you use autoaim at all.