[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 509 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
I don't have an issue with credits or premium time running out for that matter...

ecB9a9l.jpg

I am so very curious ... How much $money$ do you have invested in the game and in your inventory? An estimate is OK.

VenomXTF

May 3, 2004
I am so very curious ... How much $money$ do you have invested in the game and in your inventory? An estimate is OK.

$0 spent on WOT. All the gold is either from skirmishes or clan wars. The pro teams I've been on also made quiet a bit of money in the last half year. After the LA finals it'll be around $100k in winnings split between the team members.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
damn man you must be pretty awesome at the game

I haven't played since like june now

did try out warships the other day, and it was pretty fun...

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
I see a lot of "taking a break" posts and this thread is normally first page (4th today!) I just took a few month break (summer) and now its getting cold up north i been playing again. WoW is ok, but its really arty on water, sit back and long range sling and then only some of the smaller ships scout (which most dont). But back to WOT, my first match, 7 heavies on one side 2 on the other? yes we where stacked with TD's, but most of the time you need to brawl a bit for those TD's to work. Turrets are a Big deal when 3/4 of your team doesn't have them with a lack of Armour. One game, big deal , next game was 5 heavies to 3, geez. I know it doesn't have to be a even match for type, but I am on one of those really bad luck streaks, or MM is more fubar then I thought. XMV, don't care about win percent, i like it to know who is green or yellow/red.. But its really disheartening to see 5 greens on one side and tomato row on mine (I'm yellow and been steadily gaining till now, maybe I'm just average yellow) you don't win, hell most of the time you are lucky to put up a fight with those matches.. MM needs some skill balancing.

Just a bad run i guess, even the stacked sides (2-4X as much green on a side) i can live with, but these hugely unbalanced type matches.. and while i mention 2, i did about 20 games last night and 5-6 all had almost 2 to 1 heavies.. and I was on the good side 1 time.. I would really like to see that fixed. I am guessing less players so the MM is getting a little lose with its requirements to keep us in matches and not Q'ing.

Last edited:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
AFAIK, MM does not balance tank types outside of arty. It does balance the total "weight" of the match, supposedly. But, this has been shown off balance time and time again. To me, if you restrict MM to match heavy for heavy it gets way too damn repetitive. It is a more interesting idea to see a wolfpack of meds try to overcome a static defense of tds or 3-4 lights scout for a side while the other side tries to snipe them.

If you want uniformity, play in the events/CW/etc. Those are just about "perfected" in their builds and are routinely the same match again and again.

I am still on a break from this game, I keep thinking maybe I will play it again, but I know how pissed off I get at it. Sailing around in ships is just plain relaxing.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Anyone else think the E-25 mission is way too easy? I only have Tier 7 and think it is easy, much less people with tier X. Starting to see a bunch of morons running around with them not knowing how to use them.

After all these people got E-25's, I logged in after not playing a while, played one battle in mine, and got a mark of excellence. I guess the numbers had gone down to get one.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Ships has some pretty annoying flawed game mechanics imo. I know, hard to believe coming from WG.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Ships is just a bit boring for me. I have not played warplanes.

But still playing tanks every day. My stats are slowly getting better. I was so bad for the first 6 months that I played that its taking a while to get better. But my recent WN8 is 1006 (average of last 30 days).

My current favorite tank is my Luchs, so much fun to play. Its also is my best tank as far as WN8 is concerned (currently at 1405). Not unusual for me to be in the top 5 for dmg on my team with it.

Last edited:

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Ships is just a bit boring for me. I have not played warplanes.

But still playing tanks every day. My stats are slowly getting better. I was so bad for the first 6 months that I played that its taking a while to get better. But my recent WN8 is 1006 (average of last 30 days).

My current favorite tank is my Luchs, so much fun to play. Its also is my best tank as far as WN8 is concerned (currently at 1405). Not unusual for me to be in the top 5 for dmg on my team with it.

Good job. 1006 WN8 means you are generally contributing to your team, as opposed to taking away.

I also like the Luchs. Fun little vehicle.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Just an FYI, light tanks's WN8 mean so little. Most people (including me) are horribad in lights. If you get a few shots off and actually do ANYTHING in lights then your WN8 will be high.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Just an FYI, light tanks's WN8 mean so little. Most people (including me) are horribad in lights. If you get a few shots off and actually do ANYTHING in lights then your WN8 will be high.

This is true, but I get 500-1000 dmg somewhat often in my little Luchs.

On the other end of the spectrum, my second best tank is my E75. My WN8 in it is 1061. While not near the top of E75 players, its at least decent :)

Best Luchs Game (Sadly it was not enough to win):
YcSJunD.png

Last edited:

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Good job. 1006 WN8 means you are generally contributing to your team, as opposed to taking away.

I also like the Luchs. Fun little vehicle.

Saw your replay review with zeven, so I guess some are still playing. AW just doesn't seem to be different enough to throw away all the time invested in WOT

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Saw your replay review with zeven, so I guess some are still playing. AW just doesn't seem to be different enough to throw away all the time invested in WOT

AW felt kind of bland in comparison.Felt to watered down gameplay wise compared to WOT.I played a bit of the beta and got bored quickly with it before i uninstalled it.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

I took about a 4 month break from July to October. Started playing again in November.

AW has a LOT of great ideas, but they really need to work on the feel of the game. This is actually something that WoT really has down good. The physics and the basic mechanics. You "feel" the difference between firing an E100's 150mm gun and a 76mm gun on the M4. AW doesn't have this yet. It "feels" empty. This is a problem.

That being said, with all their great ideas, and the fact that the game is so young, I still think it has huge possibilities. I'm not really bashing it. It is early in the development process. But it isn't quite there.

One problem is how the shots are calculated. In WoT, you click to fire and it fires instantly, and then the calculations are done behind the scenes. In AW, you click to fire, and the fire command is sent to the server, which then fires your gun. This causes a delay. More if your ping is bad, as it has to wait for t he server to receive. This is what gives you that slight delay when you fire your weapon which makes it feel weird.

This is also why things like the Fox are OP, because it is almost impossible to hit them at distance when they are going full speed because of this delay.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I used to like getting out my high end artillery just to mess around, and haven't even done that in a long time.

Sky Whales were fun too, had a level 10 IL in beta and haven't done that in awhile either in WOWP.

Just killing one of the best players in the game in beta once when we were one on one after everyone else had died, in a lower IL that was decked out to the max with my last unguided missile shot that was pretty epic.

He was even impressed, that was a fun one.

Was coming in in a fighter to kill me, bagged him at range :)

Have a rusty E75 laying around.

Hellcats and the mid range Brits were fun also.

Last edited:

JoJoman88

Jul 27, 2006

Like you I just can't do lights. Still haven't completed the first LT 15 mission yet I have completed the second TD 15 mission.

Still play Tanks pretty much everyday. Took a break when GTA 5 came out but back to tanks I came after a few months. Have 27 tier 10's, 85 tanks overall and 41k battles so I find it hard to walk away after almost 5 years and lots of time(and money)invested into WoT.

Warships has been fun but I just don't feel like it's something I need to play everyday. I have gotten to tier 6 on all American ships with the CV Indy being my most liked ship. My 40% W/R after 500 battles might have a little to do with my reluctance to play Warships. I thought I had some bad streaks in Tanks, Warships has been even more brutal than tanks to me.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
You don't need to do a lot of damage in an LT to get a high WN8.
Just an example, looking for a low damage game and not a crazy high WN8.
http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=182827

I think some of my highest WN8 games, 26,000 rating were in LT. Yeah, I did lots of damage, 5k but I think if someone wanted to pad their WN8 score, LTs are the way to go. I like them, just harder to carry or change an outcome of a game with your gun if you're one of the few left on your team.

I got my 15th tier 10 yesterday. WT auf Pz. E100. Grinded all the WT auf Pz IV XP once the On Track came up. Um, yeah, so easy to do 4k damage in it. The accuracy on that 128mm is insane but the camo on it... Is a 1 or less. Far cry from the WT auf Pz IV tier 9, in that I can be closer to the action and not be spotted.

16th tier 10 is almost unlocked, AMX 30B.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
I'm still putzing around in Tier 7, just bought the LTTB yesterday, so looks like i'll see my first tier X battles.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
I'm still putzing around in Tier 7, just bought the LTTB yesterday, so looks like i'll see my first tier X battles.

I want the LTTB so bad but I really don't want to grind through the MT-25, I guess I'll buy the MT-25 during this sale and just do my x2 for the next month few months or so.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Yeah the MT isn't that amazing. I did the same thing, just played it x2. Took a while to get the 60k to research the LTTB. I know it is going to be tough getting used to the LTTB, I didn't like the -7deg of depression with the MT, much less the -3 the LTTB gets. My brother has been playing it for a while and he really likes it. Hear the T-54 lwt is a great one too

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
Yeah the MT isn't that amazing. I did the same thing, just played it x2. Took a while to get the 60k to research the LTTB. I know it is going to be tough getting used to the LTTB, I didn't like the -7deg of depression with the MT, much less the -3 the LTTB gets. My brother has been playing it for a while and he really likes it. Hear the T-54 lwt is a great one too

That's really the light tank that I am looking forward too the most. Mobile, great gun and bounces shots like a champ its almost like a really fast medium tank. It might take me a while to ever experience it however.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I have progressed a fair amount int he last 3 months. I have an E100 that I almost have the top gun for. Moved on to an E50, and I LOVE that thing. One of my favorite mediums in the game. Not as fast or low profile as some, but I find myself filling the roll as a heavy in T9 matches, which it does ok at. Just with way more maneuverability.

Carried on up the German light line, LOVE the VK28.01 with the 105. It basically plays like a fast medium with a derp. Also have the SP1C, which I am really liking. Plays like a light TD. It sucks at active scouting due to its low speed, but has good cammo and a good gun. Works well for flanking too.

Still trying to get the hang of the JT I just picked up. HUGE difference in game play from the JPII I had before it.

Also started up the Russian heavy line, currently on the KV85, about half way to the IS. I have not been real happy with Russian heavies vs German. Takes a lot of changing in game play having almost zero depression, and guns that are wildly inaccurate. Alpha is certainly higher, but you really have to pay attention to positioning, and never try and take any hills due to the lack of depression.

Also started up the Russian medium line, I really dislike the T-34. Either you have an accurate gun with no damage, or a very inaccurate gun with damage. Also has no depression, and is kind of slow, and cannot turn in place. Hoping the T-34-85 is better.

Tsavo

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2009
Still trying to get the hang of the JT I just picked up. HUGE difference in game play from the JPII I had before it.

Hoping the T-34-85 is better.

How is the JT different than the JPII? I just started the JPII, so wondering.

The T3485 is 1,000,000,000x better than the T34. I have the Rudy version, and it's one of my favorite tanks.