[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 391 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Wonder why... was it the incessant unicorn elitist arty bitching?

because he's an asshole that repeatedly breaks forum rules. I'm surprised it took this long given some of the shit he says.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a great player that is worth learning from though.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
because he's an asshole that repeatedly breaks forum rules. I'm surprised it took this long given some of the shit he says.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a great player that is worth learning from though.

That's true, I like just about all of his game play info and advice. I decided to go up the American heavy branch first, and now on the T-62A line, because of one of his "Garbad reviews the tier 10..." guides :D

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Wonder why... was it the incessant unicorn elitist arty bitching?

Arty bashing is TAME for him. He continually got into debates with people who were just trolling him to cross lines and he did time and time again. He never learned that some posters would goad him into personal attacks. And there are ways to do personal attacks, and then there are ways to get yourself warnings.

He made SOME quality posts, and he got MANY warnings. He thought his stats would make him untouchable, no different than carbonward or kewei. The mods had to do their jobs and all three are gone for GOOD reason.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
All 3 of them have very abrasive forum personalities. It's not a surprise to me, nor should it be to anyone that they'd get banned. Doesn't change the fact that their forum posts are probably some of the most useful ones out there even months after their ban.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
NA:East server. Now that the 30 kills = 300k special is over not sure what I'll do this weekend. I did buy a Leo PTA two days ago. Probably start using it see how that goes. I should grind more creds. I still have 3 or 4 tanks researched but not bought. Maybe finally pull that E100 out of its dusty crate and see what I can do with it. I dunno.

I never cared about stats or that xvm program but the idea of following the better players listed may be a good thing. I can see that as a single good reason to have it. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I never cared about stats or that xvm program but the idea of following the better players listed may be a good thing. I can see that as a single good reason to have it. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

If you do, make sure you move around and shoot right behind the nicely stealthed good player and draw fire using them as invisible armor.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
im stuck at SEA. haha. not a bunch of nice players here. All i see are rude and cocky players. A lot of trash-talking and blaming too.

just pop on NA west and see how you liked it
i always had the 70-120 ping when the only server in NA was east

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
If you do, make sure you move around and shoot right behind the nicely stealthed good player and draw fire using them as invisible armor.

I know how that feels. I play enough TDs to know. LOL Personally I dont mind if people use me as a meat shield in whatever tank I'm in but for god sakes don't constantly rub against me and ruin my shots and PLEASE give me some back up room! LOL

Aug 30, 2013
just pop on NA west and see how you liked it
i always had the 70-120 ping when the only server in NA was east

i might sometime soon, though what i'm worried about is the ping when i join in NA west. i mean ping here at SEA is already bad enough, though sometimes it isn't.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
from what im reading on the forums, seems most of the better than avg players have jumped onto the NA west servers to avoid the retards, but that will only last so long hahah

just messing around with my t54 since i found out about the new tier X russian med, i'm up to around 60k xp right now. only 140k more !

just hit 60k on my T30, still quite a ways to go

just hit 145k on my M103, only 40k more for the E5

started going down the T57 line - the M7 blows
tier 6 french TD kinda sucks
and the centurion I, still sucks hard. i have everything but the top engine and gun now, thanks to the 3x, i was able to get the tracks and turret rather quickly

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I know how that feels. I play enough TDs to know. LOL Personally I dont mind if people use me as a meat shield in whatever tank I'm in but for god sakes don't constantly rub against me and ruin my shots and PLEASE give me some back up room! LOL

I was just kdding - it's not something I see happen much. One match recently while my td was stealthed I did have someone running up close by and get shot.

I do hate when tanks bump you and mess up your shot (and even break your camo net?) and tell then not to do it again. Vey rare though.

walkur

May 1, 2001
Just had a similar issue yesterday, was in a nice spot with my scout happily spotting away when suddenly I hear impacts and boom!... turns out a heavy was directly behind me :(
Even more anoying is when you complain you get polish/russian/czech gibberish in return (play on the EU server)

xvm is a nice tool, unforunatly it causes frequent CTD's on my Rig.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
ugh, total XP required to get the object 140 will be 261,300 xp
fuck all, it forces everyone to unlock the shit new gun on the T54.
the object itself is 202k xp

:(

the only saving grace is the fact the T54 is a fun tank to grind but still.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
All but done with this game... thanks to War Thunder. Played a bit yesterday, mostly low tiers with a couple of highs thrown in. I don't get frustrated in War Thunder, you WANT to do crits in that game. Any plane can damage any plane (sure, it is damn hard to dog fight in crappier ones), there is less of a reason to spend money and a much better use of money in that game.

All in all, while I played the hell out of WoT, I think I am just about done with it. Although derping around in the 183 is still very fun.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I've been off WOT since FF14 began. Tanks are fun and all but to be fair I'm getting tired of the same old. I'll probably still hop on for a few matches here and there but I haven't bothered getting doubles.

Ironically, I'm playing a "tank" in FF14... >_>

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
ugh, total XP required to get the object 140 will be 261,300 xp
fuck all, it forces everyone to unlock the shit new gun on the T54.
the object itself is 202k xp

:(

the only saving grace is the fact the T54 is a fun tank to grind but still.

Better than having to grind a whole new line.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I'm a bit burned out on WoT too. Still love the game and all but I'm getting itchy to try something else as well. Contemplating buying RTW 2 but I need to look into more closely. Buying games off of steam for half price or less has spoiled me now. LOL

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i took a good 2-3 mos off, where i didn't even launch tanks
i needed it to renew my interest in it

played in a T54 platoon all weekend, it was lulz. think we maybe lost only a handful of times where the XVM said we had a win chance in the 30%'s range.

Sohaltang

Apr 13, 2013
Anyone know how to enable crossfire? Seems like im getting the same FPS with 2 cards as I did one. Also I get a slight lag when moving the camera occasionally.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
got the top gun for the centurion I, it still blows, i seem to have a ton of ghost shots with this sucker