[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 393 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Haven't played much lately. So tonight after work I jumped into my Tier 2 Russian T-26 tank. First battle is on the Mines map. 10 kills. New personal best for that little tank. I love it so much. I run camo net, binocs, rammer, and camo paint. Crew trained in camo. Nice little sniper. I enjoy the T2 fights. Its about as balanced as this game gets at that tier level. The higher you go from T2 it starts to get out of whack balance wise.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Haven't played much lately. So tonight after work I jumped into my Tier 2 Russian T-26 tank. First battle is on the Mines map. 10 kills. New personal best for that little tank. I love it so much. I run camo net, binocs, rammer, and camo paint. Crew trained in camo. Nice little sniper. I enjoy the T2 fights. Its about as balanced as this game gets at that tier level. The higher you go from T2 it starts to get out of whack balance wise.

Really? I would argue the same gems and dogs exist at tier 10 as they do at all other tiers.

The T2 LT gets crap matchmaking and still only has a 20mm gun. It *can not* hurt most tier 4's and even some tier 3's and it will bounce most shots on certain tier 2's (the hotchkiss).

The T18 is way over powered with a good crew and either runs the derp and laughs as it one shots everything, or runs the sniper gun and laughs as it pew pew's with impunity.

The Americans get tier 9 radios at tier 2 while the rest of the countries are living with cans and string.

This is my statement on tier 2: They need to address the heavily armored tanks at the low tiers. Do you know how frustrating it was the first time I encountered a minimaus? My guns worked on every other tank until I found that guy. Then I could do nothing. I don't know why war gaming thinks it was a good idea to bring in something that is virtually immune (or was until the tetrarch and tier 2 TD's came out) to piss off new members.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Oh, I almost forgot. Took my 183 and my E100 out for a spin yesterday, solo pub. I made a unicum cry foul and call me a cheater in my E100 (he swears I shot 3 times with my 150 in 30 seconds when I only shot twice). I did 3300 damage in it while spotting for another 2500 and I got a *shocking* steel wall (6k absorbed).

My 183 had a decent performance of 5600 damage done, including a one shot on their best player (a bat). Enemies who shot at me tracked me twice and knocked out my view port for 0 damage. It's okay, let me reload in peace so that I can blamo you again! Then as I was approaching their base, a bat arty clipped me and I died... full health to no health before I could reload.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Tier 2 is a bit of a shock for me at the moment. There's a tier 2 tournament on right now and having not played the tier in so long the fact that my team is made of 'good' players isn't making any of the matches a cake walk at all. Not really understanding what tanks are capable of at this level has caused us more heartache and close shaves than we should have had. I'm playing our T1 Cunningham, something I've very familiar with from 42 point tourneys, so I'm doing fine. But taking someone who is used to Tier 10s and putting them in a T18 does not guarantee good results, no matter what his WIN7 is.

Is 8.8 releasing today? I'm at work and all gaming sites are blocked.

Not that I'm aware of. Nothing on the front page either.

Clemenza

Oct 12, 2010
Tier 2 is a bit of a shock for me at the moment. There's a tier 2 tournament on right now and having not played the tier in so long the fact that my team is made of 'good' players isn't making any of the matches a cake walk at all. Not really understanding what tanks are capable of at this level has caused us more heartache and close shaves than we should have had. I'm playing our T1 Cunningham, something I've very familiar with from 42 point tourneys, so I'm doing fine. But taking someone who is used to Tier 10s and putting them in a T18 does not guarantee good results, no matter what his WIN7 is.

Not that I'm aware of. Nothing on the front page either.

Ok. Thanks. I thought it was coming out today. For some reason, I thought it released on the EU servers yesterday. I guess I just assumed it would be coming out in NA today. I'm looking forward to playing some of the redone maps. The new map also looks interesting.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Really? I would argue the same gems and dogs exist at tier 10 as they do at all other tiers.

The T2 LT gets crap matchmaking and still only has a 20mm gun. It *can not* hurt most tier 4's and even some tier 3's and it will bounce most shots on certain tier 2's (the hotchkiss).

The T18 is way over powered with a good crew and either runs the derp and laughs as it one shots everything, or runs the sniper gun and laughs as it pew pew's with impunity.

The Americans get tier 9 radios at tier 2 while the rest of the countries are living with cans and string.

This is my statement on tier 2: They need to address the heavily armored tanks at the low tiers. Do you know how frustrating it was the first time I encountered a minimaus? My guns worked on every other tank until I found that guy. Then I could do nothing. I don't know why war gaming thinks it was a good idea to bring in something that is virtually immune (or was until the tetrarch and tier 2 TD's came out) to pis Same goes for any Tier 3 tank I face. s off new members.

Well, I know when playing in my T-26 the level range is Tier 1 to Tier 3 in MM. Most times its Tier 1 to Tier 2. I can pen everything with my 45mm gun. The T18 has thick skin but I use gold on them and they go down just fine like anything else. I run camo net and camo training though so I usually get a few shots on them before they ever see me. Tier 3 tanks aren't a problem for me as long as I play smart.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Hmmm... Sounds like a Hellcat/Jackson weekend for me. They make good money without a bonus but with a bonus its just gravy and I really love to play them. Just not into heavies lately for some reason. I do need to grind my Leopard PTA though. Its just been sitting in my garage with two or three battles on it. Lately I been hitting the Tier 2 fun and not much else. That's when I do play which isn't much.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
debating on free xp'ng as close as i can to the T57 heavy right now
i'm about to unlock the T21 for that line :\
or should i free xp as close as i can to the foch155?

Last edited:

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Just relalised the 4502 (P) Ausf.B goes on sale 30% off. I should buy one. I have it researched. Might as well take advantage of the sale even if I never play it.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i actually enjoyed the 4502B, the gun seemed a lot more accurate on that than the maus

Oct 25, 2006
This is just one of those days.

Unlocked the BL-10 yesterday, after the most painful grind ever and 50k free exp.

It's an amazing gun, even though it seems as soon as I fire it, every single tank and arty in range starts shooting me because its impossible to hide a 7 meter long gun.

I say its one of those days because I was fighting a T9 German heavy, forget which it was. First shot brings it down from 100 to 40. Awesome.

Second shot, Tracks. Shit.
Third Shot. Bounces. Shit.
Fourth Shot. Tracks again.
Fifth Shot. Tracks.
Sixth Shot. Tracks again.

Finally he gets in position to 1-hit me

Keep in mind I was shooting directly at his front glacis with no slope.
It just happened so that the BL-10 suddenly got infatuated with his tracks and every single shell saw fit to not fire straight at a easy kill.

Ugh.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
ah the joys of the BL-10 :) love/hate
it's nowhere near as bad as the 155 on the T30.
that thing wants to eat tracks all day long, as well as having more phantom shots that happen to just dissapear as if you never fired haha

gotta remember as soon as you're found, or an ISU-152 for that matter, you are usually target #1 due to your alpha damage.
i always try to stay at least ~400 meters behind when i fire and even then, most times i'm spotted.
i'm not running camo net but my crew is 100% trained in camo. i also am behind trees/bushes most of the time.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
part of the reason people shoot you is because the BL10 removes all camo effects around you as soon as you fire... so if you're anything less than their maximum sight range you will be seen. And you're one of the most dangerous tanks on the field with that crazy alpha...

I pray to the BL-10 gods every time before I fire. It's one of the most fickle guns outside of the american line.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
ugh, still 80k away from the object 140
haven't had time to grind with clan wars every night haha

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
New to this game,been enjoying but curious if anyone knows any cpu tweaks to get the most out of this game or is there certain graphic settings that choke the cpu?

Currently dip as low as 45fps in some cases,my gtx770 shows relatively low gpu usage during these dips,knowing its cpu related,how does this game fair with overclocking processors and the like?

Just wanna get the most out of this game,hoping anyone can help me out!.:)

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Well the results from the light tank marathon are out, and I did indeed win me a type59 with my spectacular t21 game. Now I just have to wait for delivery. I guess I'll have to set war thunder down for a bit once it arrives and take it out for a spin.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
New to this game,been enjoying but curious if anyone knows any cpu tweaks to get the most out of this game or is there certain graphic settings that choke the cpu?

Currently dip as low as 45fps in some cases,my gtx770 shows relatively low gpu usage during these dips,knowing its cpu related,how does this game fair with overclocking processors and the like?

Just wanna get the most out of this game,hoping anyone can help me out!.:)

I don't notice much of a difference in overclocking. The best you can do is play with settings and see what works for your rig. I generally turn down foliage and water effects a bit.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
The game is just poorly optimized. That is about it. Doesn't take advantage of multicore/multi GPU

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i generally uncheck core0 from the worldoftanks.exe process under "set affinity"
it does help a bit since it will let core0 be used for all the misc windows crap that needs to run. it usually gives me a 5-10fps boost

8.8 is out, downloading now!