[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 394 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
i generally uncheck core0 from the worldoftanks.exe process under "set affinity"
it does help a bit since it will let core0 be used for all the misc windows crap that needs to run. it usually gives me a 5-10fps boost

8.8 is out, downloading now!

Oh, didn't know that. Although I don't really have frame rate problems, this could be helpful for my friend.

So how do we turn in the super pershing for gold?

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
The game is just poorly optimized. That is about it. Doesn't take advantage of multicore/multi GPU

This is my first major game online besides the Battlefield series,i hear mmos suffer from being poorly optimized but still i am enjoying it.

I know i got every single item on maximum including fxaa,i know some games there can be that one single setting that just bogs down chips but wasn't sure if this was one of those games.

As for the guy with the affinity tip,i will give that a try thanks:)

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
oh man the object 140 is awesome
its faster, smaller and has better ground resistance compared to the T62a, huge upgrade
i moved my 4 skill crew from my t54 over -_-

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
how's the gun? I haven't been able to patch yet. Is it still a DPM machine like the 62? How's the turret armor and gun depression?

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
same exact gun as the T62a :)

awesome gun depression, feels like a US medium haha
armor is 200 sloped so a bit better than the 62a, but the turret is a bit weaker but made up for by being smaller so harder to pen
i read in a later patch it will use the exact same turret as the 62a.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Good thing I didn't buy the T62A yet. 200 sloped on a small medium is hella hard to penetrate. How is it's mobility compared to the 54? (The 62A is more sluggish than the 54, which is why I'm asking)

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
feels slightly better, does NOT lose speed turning, hill climbing is roughly the same as the t54, and a lot better than the 62a

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i'm sure there will be once people figure out how to play it, need to use the small size to your advantage, if you go out thinking you have a t62a turret, you will get penned period.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The E-50 just lost an engine that cost 50k XP to mount...and they fix it by giving us 25k free XP. That's not right. I already don't like this stupid behemoth of a tank.

I'm wishing I went down the soviet line even more now.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, I have been debating giving up on the German lines in general. With the introduction of the French, English, and Chinese tanks as well as the changes made to the American and Russian lines, there is almost NOTHING worthwhile in the German line that doesn't have a better counterpart in one of the other countries. The only one that I have been continuing to play is my Ferdi, but even that line is a deadend compared to the French, Russian, American or English lines (but every once in a while I have an unbelievable game in the Ferdi, like last night where I did over 6k damage, only to find myself in a 1v1 against a T28-Prot at 100% health who beat me as I bounced 2 shots on him, he happened to have 7k damage for the round... so it was essential the two of us beating up on the entire teams against each other, so it was only fitting that the final showdown was us 1v1).

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Also what is this thing about the Super Pershing? I know the current one is a POS (or at least that is how I feel). What is this refund thing?

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Also what is this thing about the Super Pershing? I know the current one is a POS (or at least that is how I feel). What is this refund thing?
They nerfed the armor, which seemed needed, so they are offering a gold refund if desired.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005

It wasn't a PoS. You just didn't know how to use it right. It was a good tank and even a better money maker. Now the new version? I haven't logged in today to test changes. Supposedly it's frontal armor got nerfed down to more historical numbers they claim.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I didn't like it as much as I thought it would because everyone knows how to shoot it now. The armor is reliable only at range and at range your gun is not good enough to pen a lot of things since hitting weakspots is more or less a crapshoot. The money making ability is ok, but it's not as good as the type 59 or the lowe, both of which I have. US mediums in general are pretty meh, so I don't really want a trainer for my patton crew either.

And slow tanks are much less impactful on the game in general. It really severely limits your options on where you can go and how much you can flank and support. Even the best player can't out DPS 4 tanks that just obliterated your team's red derps.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
The Super Pershing was the only T8 medium that could shrug off T10 premium rounds to the turret or hull. The thing was as big a black hole as the Foch 155. I'm glad it got nerfed.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The Super Pershing was the only T8 medium that could shrug off T10 premium rounds to the turret or hull. The thing was as big a black hole as the Foch 155. I'm glad it got nerfed.

Shoot the lower glacis if you have a tier 10 gun. Guaranteed pen. And most tier 10 guns are strong enough to pen the upper glacis as well. There's also the MG port which is a favorite easy spot to hit when face hugging.

The turret has a gigantic bulb that you can hit (right behind the "pipes), the MG ports are also a weakness (albeit much smaller) and right under the spaced armor "flaps" are cheeks you can shoot.

The amount of weakspots that tank has is unreal, I have no idea why anybody has any issues with it.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Shoot the lower glacis if you have a tier 10 gun. Guaranteed pen. And most tier 10 guns are strong enough to pen the upper glacis as well. There's also the MG port which is a favorite easy spot to hit when face hugging.

The turret has a gigantic bulb that you can hit (right behind the "pipes), the MG ports are also a weakness (albeit much smaller) and right under the spaced armor "flaps" are cheeks you can shoot.

The amount of weakspots that tank has is unreal, I have no idea why anybody has any issues with it.

That should all work, yes. In practice though, it never really did. The gun hydraulics was an easy enough target but it often absorbed shots or you'd simply shoot right through it. Shooting through either of the two lower plates gave a shell a chance to deflect from the spaced armor, vastly upping the effective angle of the second plate. That second normalization calculation could seriously screw with the penetration of even the largest shells. Both the upper and lower plates could cause no-pens on T10 guns. I have in recent memory a SP's lower plate gobbling up a JP-E100 standard rounds (299 pen) and Leo PTA gold rounds (330 pen).

I think it was a problem with the game. I think the mechanics for handling spaced armor broke down when applied to the Super Pershing and they didn't want to rework the whole mechanism. The numbers said that T10 guns should slice through the front hull of a SP but that never happened reliably.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I don't remember seeing any notes where the spaced armor changes the angle of the shot, any links?

The bulb/pipes on the top is very easy to hit even at 200m, which is a common engagement distance. At 500m anything is really a crapshoot.

There's a few ways the 299m could get eaten. If it penned the lower plate, then hit auto-bounce angle on the hull armor is one. I BELIEVE the 2 different plates have different angles, but don't quote me on it.

It's also possible you hit the extreme lower portion of the spaced armor, where there is no hull behind it. Or the guy was angled enough and your 299m scored an extreme low roll.

I can think of enough scenarios that can nullify the shots. To be honest here, I rarely shoot the lower glacis since the turret bulb is so easy to hit.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Which has been my experience everytime I play that tank. No one has problems penning it, and it is so SLOW and the gun so meh, that it was really not a good tank. The lowe is faster than it with a much better gun...

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
well, on the plus side the SP doesn't catch on fire... lowe's engine is breaking and catching on fire all the time.

It does have a sweet gun though.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
They announced Japan as the next nation they're releasing tanks for. I know they had very few, wonder how that'll turn out in game.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I'm sure they'll make enough shit up, Japan has enough prototypes. Almost all of japan's tanks are lights, and medium/heavy tanks only existed in concept. You don't hear about any tank battles in the pacific because they don't have appreciable amounts of tanks.

The sherman was monstrous in comparison, and the japanese only hastily developed the Chi-Nu as a counter and those I don't think those ever saw combat. The chi-ha, the scrawny tier 4 thing, is the only "real" tank produced by japan.