[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 389 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Lol yeah, pretty much why I questioned exactly what he wanted them to do to "address a hull-down T29". Here's your answer: shoot his hull. Otherwise, good luck. Thought this was common knowledge.

beats me, chuckles here apparently wants the tiger to get tier 10 TD guns so he can pen the T29 in the turret instead of learning some fucking tactics.

Mar 10, 2005
beats me, chuckles here apparently wants the tiger to get tier 10 TD guns so he can pen the T29 in the turret instead of learning some fucking tactics.

you sound like those nasty children on WoT. what a fool i am for thinking 2 tanks in the same class should be comparable. what the fuck ever, guy.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
you sound like those nasty children on WoT. what a fool i am for thinking 2 tanks in the same class should be comparable. what the fuck ever, guy.

They're comparable in their own ways, though. Should every tank have the same strengths/weaknesses as every other?

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
the way they're nerfing shit, arty, TD's soon. every tank will be the same except the skin :)

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

They are comparable. The tiger is the best sniper in tier 7 right after the panther, and if you don't know how to use the gun then I don't know what to tell you. Learn some basic tactics like NOT shooting the hardest part of the tank for starters.

Aug 25, 2013
I hope this game isn't free. Most free games nowadays, are usually making the gamut of their income through game marketing, tool-bars, and the like.

I prefer to buy a game I really enjoy, knowing that I won't have to deal with the emotional stresses of their marketing adds, etc.

Just offer the game for $15 with room for expand ability iin the future.

W/O all the advertising.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The game's free without any toolbars. You can technically play the game without paying a single cent, but you level faster and earn more money with premium accounts (costs money) and there some premium tanks which earn more money.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
god the centurion 1 sucks ass, i'm not free xp'ng everything on this pos so i'll just have to suffer.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
god the centurion 1 sucks ass, i'm not free xp'ng everything on this pos so i'll just have to suffer.

You have to play it like a Panther. It's not a front line medium in any way, shape or form. It has an ammo rack right under the front plate and that itself is very easy to penetrate. You can also take ammo rack hits to the side in front of the front wheel. Poke out a bit and BAM ammo rack hit and tracks.

What it does have is an excellent gun. It doesn't have the RoF of the I.Panzer, but it is much more accurate and a much faster aim time. I ran 60% solo pub through the Cent 1 when grinding to the 7/1. You just need to get into that 'TD that looks like a medium tank' mentality. If you enjoyed the Hellcat, you should be fine in a Cent 1.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
hellcat was at least fast.

need about 8k to get tracks, then start the turret and gun grind.
i don't like wasting free xp on anything but tier 9 tanks hahah
this is gonna be a long grind for me :)

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Pro tip #1: shooting the mantlet of any tank is probably not going to work.

Pro tip #2: don't shoot the turret of the T29. Just don't. Hell, I don't even shoot the sides of them with tier 8 guns.

Pro tip #3: adapt and overcome, or whine and bitch... guess which will help you compete?

Mar 10, 2005
i've played the 8.8 beta test, and the tiger's speed is in fact much improved. however i would gladly trade the ROF buff for more or more effective armor. it still gets shredded.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
hellcat was at least fast.

need about 8k to get tracks, then start the turret and gun grind.
i don't like wasting free xp on anything but tier 9 tanks hahah
this is gonna be a long grind for me :)

Oh, hah. Yeah if you don't even have the tracks then God help you. Actually that's pretty much true for anything about tier 5.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i've played the 8.8 beta test, and the tiger's speed is in fact much improved. however i would gladly trade the ROF buff for more or more effective armor. it still gets shredded.

the tiger has great hull armor for it's tier, it just has shitty turret armor.
and it has the best gun in it's tier imo. i enjoyed my tiger and tiger P grinds.

the t29 unless you hulled down, ate every shot period.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I got the Alecto yesterday (IV british TD). This thing is hilarious - it's fast, small, maneuverable, and just fun to play, but I'm pretty sure it's armor is made of glue and paper. I have the tier V derp howitzer on it. First game: ace tanker badge, and top gun! I may keep this little thing.

TD's are OP! ;)

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Any suggestions on the American tank line? Got to the Lee and its just so bad I don't know how to proceed.

You're on the right line. The American Heavy line is arguably the easiest and most friendly line. The M3 Lee and T1 are good for their tiers. The M6 is a bit of a dog until you get the best gun. But starting with the T29 you have tanks with great guns, good mobility and invulnerable turrets. The E5 is generally considered the best all-around T10 heavy in the game.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I love my American heavies. T29 and T110E5 are my all around faves. I like T32 as well, but the turret doesn't feel nearly as God Mode as T29 because you'll be in T10 matches, though it's stronger than T29s. M103 turret isn't nearly as strong, but it's fairly bouncy, and it has decent mobility which somewhat gets you ready for the E5.

As for TD, Hellcat is my all around favorite, possibly in the game. T25/2 is forgettable. T28 proto was fun, and with high camo/camo net was pretty stealthy for me, but it moves like a snail. Decent gun. T30 is fun, and I use it as more of a sniper after the recent accuracy change. T110E4 has been decent to me, I just have to learn to play it better. Get some decent bounces with angling, which the enemy regrets as I hit him for 800+ heh.

Not much experience with American mediums past T20 (which I sold), and I don't have an opinion on them because I don't play them much. Just bounce my M4 crew between it, Ram II, and Super P for training.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
ugh fell asleep again last night and missed 80% of my daily doubles damnit hahah
wonder what the weekend event will be for labor day, if there is one

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
You're on the right line. The American Heavy line is arguably the easiest and most friendly line. The M3 Lee and T1 are good for their tiers. The M6 is a bit of a dog until you get the best gun. But starting with the T29 you have tanks with great guns, good mobility and invulnerable turrets. The E5 is generally considered the best all-around T10 heavy in the game.

I'd argue the IS series is easier to play until tier 9. The american series require knowledge of maps and where you should go and not go, because if they're not hulled down they're free kills. The IS, and the IS 3 are both great tanks in their tier, though it tapers off after that with the mediocre IS8 and the terrible IS4 and IS7.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea the is8, altho i do really well with it, sucks as you can't take a hit much like american tanks, except you don't have a nice turret either.

is4 sucks period
is7 is nerfed to shit

i haven't seen this many 4502p's since launch, everyone grinding for the maus now it seems. i've had some awesome games in the maus since patch. in 1 of the matches i had 15k potential damage taken and survived with almost full health dishing out 5k damage hahah

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yea the is8, altho i do really well with it, sucks as you can't take a hit much like american tanks, except you don't have a nice turret either.

is4 sucks period
is7 is nerfed to shit

i haven't seen this many 4502p's since launch, everyone grinding for the maus now it seems. i've had some awesome games in the maus since patch. in 1 of the matches i had 15k potential damage taken and survived with almost full health dishing out 5k damage hahah

It's a really big medium, and it doesn't have the speed to offset it's lack of armor. It just can't rumble with the other tier 9 heavies like the E75, M103, etc and it can't snipe well enough with that pathetic gun depression. So you are forced to brawl with things that can murder you.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i do well with the is-8 but as soon as i need another crew or credits to buy something else, it's getting sold

i just hit 115k on the M103, so the grind isn't bad at all for the E5.
debating on keeping the m103 when i get the E5 right now.
but since it does everything better, there's no point really. kinda like how i sold the 704 once i got the 268

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
M103 is a pretty good heavy. I enjoy mine now that arty has been scaled back. I still keep to T8 and lower tanks most of the time though. The days of King Arty have me conditioned to that it seems.