[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 387 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
that's how it goes sometimes man, i've had as high as 15 consecutive losses that weren't even close. that's when i feel MM is trolling me hard so i just quit and come back later

also i've never had more than 2 wins in a row either :(

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Encounter on Prok. I pulled back when I realized they had Hellcats on the hill while a full half of my team had pitched tents in A and B. That match lasted all of three minutes and five seconds.

shot_0122.jpg

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
haha damn i crashed hard last night after work, missed out on my daily doubles ugh
this weekends event kinda sucks even tho i am grinding for the tier 7 french TD right now

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
me too, and I hate the damn thing. But might play a game or 2, I'll be playing FF14 hardcore this weekend instead.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
MM is seriously wrong, how could one team gets 9 tier X while the other team only gets 5 tier X? C'mon 9 to 5?? Did MM just give up and go random?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
MM is seriously wrong, how could one team gets 9 tier X while the other team only gets 5 tier X? C'mon 9 to 5?? Did MM just give up and go random?

depends on when you're playing, sometimes MM can't find enough people and will stuff more people on one side of the team to fill out the game. I've never seen it crap out that badly except for once or twice (we're down 1-2 tier 10s and 2 tier 9s, made up for by 2 extra tier 8 wallet warriors) when I was playing at like 2:00am.

Also the MM is based on weight, so if the other team has a ton of tier 10 mediums, it's possible you can have all tier 10 heavies, and offset by more tier 9 heavies. Your team probably had more tier 9s than the other team.

0___________0

May 5, 2012
I'm having one of those days... Where no matter how bad I play, I still get carried to victory. My mostly stock ST-I is at 75 games and a 65% win rate, 14 game win streak. I currently have a rammer and vert stab on it, but I can't decide what else to use. Vents are popular, but they just feel extremely miniscule to me. Contemplating a GLD, not certain how much improvement I'm going to get with the extra 340 milliseconds. I suppose it's kind of like Sixth Sense compared to everything else, it vastly outclasses the other perks; most of the equipment feels lackluster to me. I suppose that isn't a bad thing, it helps prevent stock tanks from getting demolished; but for the price, it seems like money down the drain to me.

Mar 10, 2005
another brutal streak of defeats, my own contribution is irrelevant to the outcome. whether i play my ass off or enter a match then leave for a piss, the result is the same. i claw for every win percentage, just to see it tumble in an hour.

i'm also growing very frustrated with both tigers' low speed. the tiger p is worse, with especially poor acceleration and turning, despite a 5 kph higher top speed i never obtain.
on that new map, i was caught in the flat open between my spawn and my flag by heavies and tds that were able to cover greater distance, over the mountains. 8.8 will "rebalance" the engines - i'm expecting them to be even slower.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Looks like some good/cool changes coming in 8.8, some which have already been mentioned here:

Fixed some problems with matchmaker which appeared in 8.6 and were not addressed in version 8.7

Significantly expanded the functionality of Missions. An interface with descriptions and current Mission status has been added to the client

Significantly improved the quality of FXAA anti-aliasing

Added new voice-overs for each nation’s crews. A crew of a particular nation speaks in their native language. Can be switched on in the Settings menu

When ones team is defeated and you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic, or Platoon achievements, players will get х1.5 Credits and XP (as if they were on the winning team)

Spall liners now reduce the chance of crew damage: light - 20%, medium - 25%, heavy - 30%, super heavy - 50%

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
another brutal streak of defeats, my own contribution is irrelevant to the outcome. whether i play my ass off or enter a match then leave for a piss, the result is the same. i claw for every win percentage, just to see it tumble in an hour.

i'm also growing very frustrated with both tigers' low speed. the tiger p is worse, with especially poor acceleration and turning, despite a 5 kph higher top speed i never obtain.
on that new map, i was caught in the flat open between my spawn and my flag by heavies and tds that were able to cover greater distance, over the mountains. 8.8 will "rebalance" the engines - i'm expecting them to be even slower.

yep pretty much, going on 12+ losses in a row with my ST-I right now.
no matter what i do, i just get the shit teams that get rolled over.
out of 12 times i can't get a 50% chance of winning team really?

none of them came close either, complete blow outs

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
When ones team is defeated and you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic, or Platoon achievements, players will get х1.5 Credits and XP (as if they were on the winning team)

Spall liners now reduce the chance of crew damage: light - 20%, medium - 25%, heavy - 30%, super heavy - 50%
Hmmm, not tuning out on a guaranteed loss and loading up on spall liners seems like a good plan now.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sold my last and only arty today. Sad day. I always had at least one (out of 10-20) arty to break up the monotony of tanks. Its just to painful and boring now. In my best games as arty, i barely break the 50% mark in team XP. It's just pathetic.

World of (heavy) tanks is just what it sounds like. Play anything but a (heavy) tank at your own peril.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Sold my last and only arty today. Sad day. I always had at least one (out of 10-20) arty to break up the monotony of tanks. Its just to painful and boring now. In my best games as arty, i barely break the 50% mark in team XP. It's just pathetic.

World of (heavy) tanks is just what it sounds like. Play anything but a (heavy) tank at your own peril.

Disagree. TDs of the same tier are way more OP than heavies.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Disagree. TDs of the same tier are way more OP than heavies.
It all depends on the setup. Sure if the person is willing to just stay to the TD's front and duke it out, yeah it will probably end poorly for the tank. But with some maneuvering, the TD's go down quick.

There are only a few TDs I truly fear, the Foch 155, the E3, and the 183. All others I can deal with. The ONLY reason the E3 is on the list is because of the massive front armor. If you can't flank that, then good bye. The 155 and 183 are on there because of the massive burst/alpha. I can't trade shots with either.