[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 361 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I also had a great solo run yesterday. My platoon mates bailed early cause we were all playing pretty shitty (eventhough we weren't really losing games). I decided to stay and solo some tier 10s. Well I ended 12-2-1 for solo games on my E-100 and 268. With my platoon matches, for a 27 total games, I ended the day with an average damage of 3597 and 74% w/r. I had to seriously carry a few of those teams. Its also great to clear 100k with a tier 10 and make money shooting all premium with my E-100. Damn I'm loving this mission stuff.

I see your daily above, that is insane. Good job!

You do know that *if* you want a platoonmate and I am on, I will hop over to the TS and join up. Although I certainly understand soloing (I solo to blow off steam). I am probably going to Tesla command and asked to be removed from the clan as I seriously doubt being a chip is that important. Being clanless was very fun and knowing I can piss off whoever I want without retaliation to the clan is nice.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I see your daily above, that is insane. Good job!

You do know that *if* you want a platoonmate and I am on, I will hop over to the TS and join up. Although I certainly understand soloing (I solo to blow off steam). I am probably going to Tesla command and asked to be removed from the clan as I seriously doubt being a chip is that important. Being clanless was very fun and knowing I can piss off whoever I want without retaliation to the clan is nice.

When I started soloing, I didn't really see anyone on. Plus I was just waiting for my wife to get home and didn't know how long I would be on. Also when I solo, I'm more free to quit at anytime if things go to shit. Sometimes I only solo a game or two and if they are bad, I cut my losses, but when I get a streak, its like crack and I keep at it till I lose a few then cut my losses.

I play much much more conservatively when I solo, and since I dont have good platoon mates to rely on dishing out lots of damage also, it lets me get some crazy damage numbers. Its alot easier to get 8k damage at tier 10 when the rest of your team struggles to do more than 1k.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I pulled 5.3k solo yesterday in my E-75... would be more but I got artied. 8k even in tier 10 is insane. That's like killing 4 tier 10s all by yourself. Generally that never happens unless NOBODY is shooting the other team...

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The best thing to do against a T29 hulled down would be to flank it or call arty in on it. Thats what I try first usually. If I cant do that and forced to deal with it head on I snipe its turret top with gold shells. I dont do huge damage to it but chip away a few percent at a time often makes them back away. The experienced T29 player wont do that but at least half of them are noobish and fear losing any HPs and back off. There was a time constantly smacking them in the face with HE shots would do the job but since HE was toned down I use gold now. I farm credits like mad at times so gold costs dont bother me much. I have them in all my tanks.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I pulled 5.3k solo yesterday in my E-75... would be more but I got artied. 8k even in tier 10 is insane. That's like killing 4 tier 10s all by yourself. Generally that never happens unless NOBODY is shooting the other team...

8 shots at a minimum, but usually 10 shots in the 268 is all thats needed, sometimes more, depending on the number of low damage kill shots you take. I've had games where I single handedly killed E-100s, which takes a good 3 shots and 45 seconds.

8k definately isn't the norm, but its doable in the 268. 3-4k is usually easily achievable. With only a 14.4s reload for 850 avg damage, you can lay down some serious hurt in a short amount of time. The great camo values also let you blamo away with relative saftey if done right.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
So this 4th of July special seems... like you can really game the system.

5x for the First Victory of the Day in Each Vehicle
3x Crew XP in all tier X Vehicles
x2 Crew XP in all tier IX Vehicles
100% Increased Credit Income for all Non-Premium Tier V and VI Vehicles
Medal Hunt: Top Gun

2,000 Bonus XP awarded each time you obtain the Top Gun achievement

Repeatable Mission: First Class

Deal the most damage on your team to earn 20% more bonus XP and 30% more bonus Credits for that battle

If you play a nice high damage dealing tier 10 tank for the first day you could get:
5x xp for the first win
3x crew exp (15x crew exp (one lucky guy gets 30x for the elite tank))
An extra 2k exp (not multiplied)
First class (seems to be a modification on the base exp)

So if you get say an average xp game of 1k and do top damage with top gun in a tier 10 you end up with
1k * 1.2 * 5 + 2k= 8k exp
crew gets
1k * 1.2 * 5 * 3 + 2k= 20k exp
one lucky crew member gets
(1k * 1.2 * 5 * 3 + 2k)*2 = 40k exp!

And that is for an AVERAGE 1k exp game, think about it if it was a 2k monster game.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
So this 4th of July special seems... like you can really game the system.

If you play a nice high damage dealing tier 10 tank for the first day you could get:
5x xp for the first win
3x crew exp (15x crew exp (one lucky guy gets 30x for the elite tank))
An extra 2k exp (not multiplied)
First class (seems to be a modification on the base exp)

So if you get say an average xp game of 1k and do top damage with top gun in a tier 10 you end up with
1k * 1.2 * 5 + 2k= 8k exp
crew gets
1k * 1.2 * 5 * 3 + 2k= 20k exp
one lucky crew member gets
(1k * 1.2 * 5 * 3 + 2k)*2 = 40k exp!

And that is for an AVERAGE 1k exp game, think about it if it was a 2k monster game.

Where did you get 15x crew exp number from?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Had meant to get the week of premium on sale last weekend, darn it, it's good to have for this weekend's specials.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Tried to buy a little gold - ($6.95 - I'm avoiding much to punish them again for bad service) - and they say the charge was declined, AMEX said it was approved.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Well with the special going on I decided to grind on my T6 Churchill VII today. I was about 30k away from the BK. With the 100% credit increase special for T6 tanks I am able to grind this thing and use gold shells each battle and not lose any money even with a death and defeat. Worse i did today is lose 2000 credits in a fight. Most the time it was break even or earn maybe 2000 credits with a death and defeat. Not too bad considering all I'm concerned with is grinding the xp to get to the BK. My best game was the last one before leaving to work. Made 101,000 credits on a win. I was impressed by that. I dont particularly like the Churchil VII but when you use gold with it it does some decent damage and makes the grinding much easier.

I'm thinking once I research the BK I'll just keep grinding with the elited Churchil VII the rest of the weekend special and level the crew skills up. I fgure it would be easier that way than placing them in the BK and grinding on it since it gets no specials other than the daily x5 first win. Then come Monday when the special ends buy the BK and move the crew in it.

Thats my plan anyway. Less than 20k to go on the BK at this point.

Oct 25, 2006
Ah man, I wish i could have one of those amazing 8+u kill games with that 5x bonus.

Just got like 3k experience in my SU-100 with 2 kills. Ugh. NEED MORE.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
sweet thanks

also i've noticed at the high tier battles there's only 1-2 arty at most, a lot of games had 0 arty. this game is actually loads of fun again.

just got my T32, used freexp to fully upgrade it, onward to the m103 grind

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Yeah without all the orbital lazers the game is actually tons of fun. The whole map opens up and you have to watch out for new flanks that would previously be no-mans land. I'm not humping a wall for 7 minutes anymore trading shots with people auto-aiming with gold rounds.

With the whole map open (well, one T-92 that wasn't shooting me) this is what happens...

Victory!
Map: Cliff
Date: Friday, July 05, 2013 1:03:55 PM
Vehicle: T-54
Exp: 6,265 (x5) + Credits: 66,127

This is on a standard account, and I used only about 3-4 heat rounds that game (which ended up being deflected and were worthless anyway).

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Agreed with no Arty making it fun. I can drive around my Maus and try to actually play a tank instead of face hugging a building hoping not to get spotted. The 1-2 arty per battle I see now just keep you honest instead of hiding.

Mar 10, 2005
welp, just played 4 games and had to quit. THE VERY WORST players for teammates i have ever seen. not that i'm the best in the world, but at least i read and comprehend what the map objective is.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The tier 10 crew xp I'm not sure about, twice I roughly checked it and it seemed about half of the 15x I expected, then I checked a third match carefully and it was the 15x.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yep! there was another encounter map that did not compute, too. the 1 where we're defending our base saw 3/4 of the team rush the enemy base (and get wiped out anyway).

You gotta have 2-3 people in valley to flank. The middle road is actually very important for sniping the town in encounter. City fighting is where you can tell who are the really good players... good players push, flank and hide with the buildings, whereas the bads just poke their heads out in the same spot over and over. It's one of the hardest things to do in the game and you can easily tell who has a good tactical mindset in the city.

And just had an awesome game in my black prince... This thing is such a bully when you're the top tank. :awe: Top damage + top gun multiplier!

Victory!
Map: Malinovka
Date: Friday, July 05, 2013 4:14:01 PM
Vehicle: Black Prince
Exp: 8,619 (x5) + Credits: 44,310
Achievements: : Top Gun, Confederate

ginfest

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2000
Love this KV1S with the big banger 122mm :D wish this was my 5X !

Victory!
Battle: Steppes Friday, July 05, 2013 6:00:43 PM
Vehicle: KV-1S
Experience received: 4,135
Credits received: 104,307
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"