[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 360 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
261 just hit a foch, did 10% damage. This is getting old. Another shot landed right between two tanks close, zero splash again.

Knowing you're talking about arty, this makes me smile. :)

It's pretty safe for me to say the accuracy change has made my T30 into a much more fun tank to sit in a bush and snipe with. Just sat an entire match on Siegfried near a bunker, in a bush, and did 7K damage with no gold rounds, with 12/14 hits.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
my mistake, it's 5k. (way better than i thought it was).

I think I'll see if I can get a few good kill games in my AC46... but I don't think I've been able to break 1 KDR on this thing yet... difficult even getting top damage as well.

Might consider grinding out the comet or the T-54 the next few days. It's funny that the tank that needs this the most (my AC46) can't seem to kill stuff.

Also need to grind the T69. The rewards might make slinging heat bearable... as of right now I lose about 50k per game. Breaking the bank and it's always painful to see after the game that the better you do, the more you lose.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
The event made it possible for me to make a profit in my 183! (std account)

Victory!
Battle: Highway Monday, July 01, 2013 7:33:08 PM
Vehicle: FV215b (183)
Experience received: 3,054 (x2)
Credits received: 91,363
Battle Achievements: Top Gun

Profit of 8k after ammo/repair.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I've been told the 46 is the best tier 7 non-premium TD.

The Jagdpanther is better without the giant tumors. And I'd have to rank the SU-152 better as well because of the derp, especially post accuracy buffs. I'd say it's very mediocre and nothing special.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
The event made it possible for me to make a profit in my 183! (std account)

Victory!
Battle: Highway Monday, July 01, 2013 7:33:08 PM
Vehicle: FV215b (183)
Experience received: 3,054 (x2)
Credits received: 91,363
Battle Achievements: Top Gun

Profit of 8k after ammo/repair.

You left too early last night. Won the next 7 straight games, then went to bed. I even had an 8k damage game in my 268, which with the 3 kills grossed 120k and netted me 88k credits.

This mission is making me good money. I netted a little less than 2M yesterday in only 32 games. I've got a decent amount of credits to spend, now all I need is some good 4th of july sales (i.e. half off ammo)

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
You left too early last night. Won the next 7 straight games, then went to bed. I even had an 8k damage game in my 268, which with the 3 kills grossed 120k and netted me 88k credits.

This mission is making me good money. I netted a little less than 2M yesterday in only 32 games. I've got a decent amount of credits to spend, now all I need is some good 4th of july sales (i.e. half off ammo)
You have no idea how frustrated I was that evening in gameplay. For the remaining part of my sanity, I had to log off. Before platooned with you, I was platooned with a 50%er, I don't mind it, if they learn and at least make an attempt to listen. But when you warn the guy not to sit there, you *will* get shot and then not 30 seconds later he gets vaporized and then he starts complaining, what can you do?

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
You have no idea how frustrated I was that evening in gameplay. For the remaining part of my sanity, I had to log off. Before platooned with you, I was platooned with a 50%er, I don't mind it, if they learn and at least make an attempt to listen. But when you warn the guy not to sit there, you *will* get shot and then not 30 seconds later he gets vaporized and then he starts complaining, what can you do?

Yeah, I dont blame you. My brother gave up the game right after that eventhough we won, we still played like shit. I continued on for some more games soloing my 268. I carried at least two of those solo games by ending with 6k and 8k damage. In both those battles though I at least had some help of another unicum on my side who was alive at the end and instrumental in helping snatch a win out of what should have been a lost cause.

ddjkdg

Dec 22, 2001
AC 46 the best tier 7 TD? That's laughable, it's probably tied for the worst with the SU-100M1. Compare its stats to the AT 7 which is far better in almost every area.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Are there any good French TD's 6-10? (The lower ones aren't except tier 3 is fun for being like a radio controlled mini tank size).

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
The t9 foch is well liked, and of course the t10 foch is OP as hell. Sure the t10 has a long drum reload but it is fast and fairly well armored, meaning it can get into a good position and stay there long enough to put 3 rounds into someone, which practically guarantees a t10 kill. Being helpless while reloading isn't much of a weakness when you can win a 1v1 every single time, especially when you can often do it without them knowing where you are until you start firing.

Last edited:

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Are there any good French TD's 6-10? (The lower ones aren't except tier 3 is fun for being like a radio controlled mini tank size).

I liked the tier 6. A good all around TD for its tier.

The tier 7 in my opinion is horrible. dps, aim, reload, all horrible. Wont bounce many shots.

The tier 8 is another all around good TD. good speed, good aim time, great pen, good damage, front is rather bouncy, even the hatch and viewfinder will occasionally bounce.

I dont own the tier 9/10 yet, but from my experience from fighting them, they are great TDs. The front is very bouncy, most people make the mistake of not staying arty safe, or moving after they fire, exposing thier VERY weak side armor.

The only lemon of the bunch is the tier 7, and its not THAT bad, just thier are quite a few better TDs in that tier range.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I'm growing more fond of the AC. Playing it as a back line sniper has really helped and I even managed to get a hat trick today.

It's one of those things you shouldn't leave alone if you see a good player with it. If you leave me be, I can tear up the battle field with the fierce 90mm cannon. I'm not sure I want to upgrade to the 100mm either, the 90mm just has all around better soft stats (minus damage) and aims fast. I also don't have much problems penning stuff unless its a tier 9.

I still think its the middle of the pack though. Not as bad as the SU100M1 but I think its a bit better than the T25.

Mar 10, 2005
i've been exclusively playing my tiger, and it's been going well. what gives me the most difficulty are t-29's and at-7's. any tips for dealing with them?

my tiger crew has repair 100% and various new skills at 81%. i like the new skills, but should i drop repair for brothers in arms? i load most tanks similarly - 2/3 ap, 1/3 he, optics, vent, rammer.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I can't recommend dropping repair on the tiger for BiA. BiA is nice, but it's a 2.2% boost to the skills (it says 5%, but a 5% boost to view skill = 2.2% to view range etc.)

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
i've been exclusively playing my tiger, and it's been going well. what gives me the most difficulty are t-29's and at-7's. any tips for dealing with them?

my tiger crew has repair 100% and various new skills at 81%. i like the new skills, but should i drop repair for brothers in arms? i load most tanks similarly - 2/3 ap, 1/3 he, optics, vent, rammer.

first skill to get should always be brother in arms, cos it affects everything in your tank and of your crew. T-29 is a tough opponent, if you re facing it, and only see the turret, don't waste your time, pick another target, or flank it. Shooting the side and rear is the way to beat it. Or you can still win if you know all the weak spots pretty well. Frontal armor has weak spots, and turret sides got weak spots too.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
I almost always take BIA, but fully-aimed accuracy is really important to me.

T29s can be really tough, but mostly just when they are in great cover and not distracted at all. If they're in a good position and see you first either try another approach or back off until they look away, then pop them. Except the front of the turret, everything on the t29 is quite weak so just hit what is convenient. If the turret is still facing you when you are taking the shot, try to hit the top of the front hull. Most drivers leave at least a sliver of hull exposed, and with the Tiger's accuracy you can often hit that sliver. You can also try the commander's hatch, but you really need to be looking down on them for that. Of course, the best thing is to catch them out of position, but that really makes short work of almost anything. But, the t29's rof is pretty slow so if you catch them by surprise you can normally get in a shot, absorb dodge or bounce their first shot, fire again, and escape to cover before they've reloaded for a second shot.

Afaik, the only thing that really works on brit TDs is teamwork. They all have some weak points, but they are still bitches to kill in 1v1.

Last edited:

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
All the AT series TDs have a tumor on top which is usually easily pennable by most guns. With the accuracy buff, its a lot easier to hit now.

As for a tiger vs a T29, all I can say is good luck if the t29 is hull down. If you can see his hull, then you have a chance of winning.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Had a great series of games last night, going solo. I turned a minor profit on a standard account. Had multiple confederates, but never pulled off the 3 kills a game so that was a bit annoying. But, you know you are using your gun to the most effective means when you deal 6k damage in a 183 and only get 2 kills.

[edit]I am trying to figure out the optimum equipment on turreted vehicles with the new patch. I am leaning towards: binocs/coated optics, camo net, rammer.

Last edited:

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Had a great series of games last night, going solo. I turned a minor profit on a standard account. Had multiple confederates, but never pulled off the 3 kills a game so that was a bit annoying. But, you know you are using your gun to the most effective means when you deal 6k damage in a 183 and only get 2 kills.

[edit]I am trying to figure out the optimum equipment on turreted vehicles with the new patch. I am leaning towards: binocs/coated optics, camo net, rammer.

I also had a great solo run yesterday. My platoon mates bailed early cause we were all playing pretty shitty (eventhough we weren't really losing games). I decided to stay and solo some tier 10s. Well I ended 12-2-1 for solo games on my E-100 and 268. With my platoon matches, for a 27 total games, I ended the day with an average damage of 3597 and 74% w/r. I had to seriously carry a few of those teams. Its also great to clear 100k with a tier 10 and make money shooting all premium with my E-100. Damn I'm loving this mission stuff.

edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot, I got a patrol duty my scout 704. Only my fourth patrol duty. I ended up with 4k damage, 5k spotting damage, and of course a loss. The map was Malinovka, and I didn't even have to early spot.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

first skill to get should always be brother in arms, cos it affects everything in your tank and of your crew. T-29 is a tough opponent, if you re facing it, and only see the turret, don't waste your time, pick another target, or flank it. Shooting the side and rear is the way to beat it. Or you can still win if you know all the weak spots pretty well. Frontal armor has weak spots, and turret sides got weak spots too.

Your commander's first skill should always be 6th sense. I generally take BIA second (or repairs), and then any little things like clutch braking, smooth ride, snap shot, etc. If I take repairs I try to make everyone take repairs... the speed is an average. Unless you have more valuable skills to take (like the commander/radioman combo).

If you're in a stealthy tank like the T-54 I take camo over repairs. Not being seen beats repairing your tracks 3-4 seconds faster, especially post 8.6.

The T29 turret is nearly impenetrable to the tiger from the front. The turret cheeks are more than enough to deflect shots. The copula is rounded enough that it will bounce 88 shots... if the T29 is hulled down, shoot something else and get out of its way. Or charge it with a buddy and force a flank.

AT8? Shoot tumor. OR track it and go around. Don't bother shooting anything else.

Most tanks I'd drop optics. I generally like Vents, vstab and rammer. For long aiming tanks I take GLD rammer vstab. I only run optics on my t-50-2 and patton... I let pubbies do the lighting for me generally. Lower tier tanks I take rammer, vents and GLD or camo. If it has good view range I might toss on binocs but never optics.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Your commander's first skill should always be 6th sense. I generally take BIA second (or repairs), and then any little things like clutch braking, smooth ride, snap shot, etc. If I take repairs I try to make everyone take repairs... the speed is an average. Unless you have more valuable skills to take (like the commander/radioman combo).

If you're in a stealthy tank like the T-54 I take camo over repairs. Not being seen beats repairing your tracks 3-4 seconds faster, especially post 8.6.

The T29 turret is nearly impenetrable to the tiger from the front. The turret cheeks are more than enough to deflect shots. The copula is rounded enough that it will bounce 88 shots... if the T29 is hulled down, shoot something else and get out of its way. Or charge it with a buddy and force a flank.

AT8? Shoot tumor. OR track it and go around. Don't bother shooting anything else.

Most tanks I'd drop optics. I generally like Vents, vstab and rammer. For long aiming tanks I take GLD rammer vstab. I only run optics on my t-50-2 and patton... I let pubbies do the lighting for me generally. Lower tier tanks I take rammer, vents and GLD or camo. If it has good view range I might toss on binocs but never optics.

I'm of the opinion now that with the accuracy buffs, a GLD and Vstab aren't nearly as neccessary as they used to be. I think during the next half off equipement sale I'll probably be replacing most of those with binocs on my tanks. I think being able to spot the enemy ends up being alot more beneficial than .2-.4 second reduction in aim time. Not only that, but you get extra xp for spotting damage, and you get more xp when you can spot what you are hitting.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I'm of the opinion now that with the accuracy buffs, a GLD and Vstab aren't nearly as neccessary as they used to be. I think during the next half off equipement sale I'll probably be replacing most of those with binocs on my tanks. I think being able to spot the enemy ends up being alot more beneficial than .2-.4 second reduction in aim time. Not only that, but you get extra xp for spotting damage, and you get more xp when you can spot what you are hitting.

I'm still missing shots if I'm zoomed out too much. Vstabs are still a must imo, but I'll agree on the GLD for some tanks. I don't think I'll ever take that thing off the T34...