[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 357 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Tinfoil hat time. Has anyone noticed a decrease in accuracy of their shots lately. Say over the last couple weeks or so? Maybe to make the boost in accuracy in 8.6 more evident?

I'm an average player at best, but was doing great with a 54% overall win rate. My ISU and both SU's are getting worse as I go with shots falling short, then flying right over without moving the gun. I know the BL10 is inaccurate as it's designed but 3 out of 5 shots missing point blank is a bit much. My accuracy and kill rates are falling fast and it's getting annoying.

not really. Haven't played with my obj lately (her crew's sitting in the 122-44 molesting tier 5 penguins) but the accuracy's been as normal as the RNG will let you.

I missed a bunch of shots in my obj 212 the other night but that's just arty. Still did over 2.7k on splashes though.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
All your misses counter acted the hits I took from enemies. I can't wait to see my average damage in the T95. Last game I actually got to shoot once before getting nuked.

You already have a 268, I have no idea why you are bothering going down the american TD lines. They are both pretty shitty in comparison. Hell you also have the 183, so I just see you playing the T95 and T30 as a way to torture yourself. Hell, its no wonder you are hating the game owning those two tanks.

I also had multiple games yesterday where arty hit me for 1k+ damage. While moving. Complete bullshit. Hopfully with 8.6, I'll never have to stop at all in my T54 to hit stuff. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Y
I also had multiple games yesterday where arty hit me for 1k+ damage. While moving. Complete bullshit.

That is called being predictable. A good arty player will know how far to lead a moving target. I kill E50's, and batchats all the time in my S-51. Even get the occasional T-50-II kill when the guy driving it isn't zig-zagging his ass off.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yeah, fucking scrub driving all predictable. Should've driven like a taxi cab in nyc and face hug the first tank you see so arty has no shot.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
You already have a 268, I have no idea why you are bothering going down the american TD lines. They are both pretty shitty in comparison. Hell you also have the 183, so I just see you playing the T95 and T30 as a way to torture yourself. Hell, its no wonder you are hating the game owning those two tanks.

I also had multiple games yesterday where arty hit me for 1k+ damage. While moving. Complete bullshit. Hopfully with 8.6, I'll never have to stop at all in my T54 to hit stuff. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Are the American TD's really that bad? My T30 phantom and ground shots suck ass, but I'm about to buy an E4 :/

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Are the American TD's really that bad? My T30 phantom and ground shots suck ass, but I'm about to buy an E4 :/

The E4 is fun, I like it. It has more versatility in what it can do due to the turret. It used to be so much better though. Damn balancing!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

No, I have the T30 and T110E4 and like them just fine. I haven't compared numbers but they seem very effective. The 183 does seem to have a lot more damage per shot though.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
T110E4 is one of the scariest things to see when you round the corner. If it's hulled down behind something... find another way around.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Apparently, all it takes for mastery in the Tiger P is to hold the west hills in Abbey alone. I did 3.5k damage and took 5.3k potential damage.

At one point I was backing away from a t-34-1 when a Jackson came up behind me. I was able to turn around and finish him before he put a second round into me, then I killed the t-34-1 that rushed in from the original direction. As I did that a full-health KV1S came up behind me, doing engine damage. I thought I was dead, but he was a moron; I bounced one or two shots from him as I finished turning my hull to face him, then bounced another two-ish shots while I finished him off.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
In my play experience the T30 and T28 are highly prone to ghost shots. Especially the T30. The T28 Proto however doesnt have the same level of ghost shot problems even though it uses the same exact gunas the regular T28. Go figure. The T30 has it the worse of the three though. I sold mine as soon as I got the T28 Proto.

The T110E4 doesn't have much problem with ghost shots. No more than the average tank in the game anyway. Which means it just happens once in a while. Its a monster tank if it has some back up and gets in a good position. Its prone to be out manuevered by fast tanks if given the room due to long reload and limited turret rotation. Also highly suceptable to arty. I find the T110E4 performs in towns and cities better than the countryside. Buildings make better protection and its fun to flank with the T110E4. Shoot and retreat. Shoot and retreat. Or get behind a T28, T95, E100, or Maus and just follow along.

Last edited:

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Well my premium account runs out tomorrow. Debating on doing MWO for a bit (still need to activate my premium over there)...maybe a 4th of July sale will pull me back in...

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
The general consensus is that the E4 is subpar to the E100.

Lurker, you know I like high alpha tanks. That leaves some derpy heavies and most TD lines. I don't care if the end tanks are not amazingly OP, as long as they are fun to play. The E3 seems massively fun due to its troll front armor.

You know I started down both american paths at the same line, back when the E100 was not the beast it is today (or what it promises to be in 8.6). I am not about to stop playing those lines now. The 95 is going to be a LONG process, as I see myself playing a maximum one time per gaming session (win or lose). The T30 is still fun.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Arty haters rejoice, arty has been almost completely ruined! Even slight hull traverse means a solid seven second wait before you can even think about firing again. It is a bitch even with the GWP, but my 212 is completely useless now. They reduced its gun traverse to what feels like 2 degrees. On the plus side, maybe my JP2 will be playable now...

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yes, i hate arty hah!
how's the e100 post patch?
i need to get premium again at some point, but i'll wait until i hear some patch reviews

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Well, I don't have an E100, but some high tier guns had their AP pen reduced a bit. That plus a big nerf to HEAT and a small nerf to APCR means heavy armor is effectively buffed. Adding that in to the huge arty nerfs and the small spall liner buff should mean things like the E100 and IS4 are a hell of a lot better.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Try the smaller caliber guns. The big calibers seems to have gotten reworked and are much more afflicted by the patch, when I played on the test server the obj 261 didn't get much of a nerf and it is actually more accurate thanks to the reticule buff.

Also try out the M53 (american tier 9). That thing still has a 3.3 RPM with 1850 damage shells and will still see tier 7 tanks (lol), and it has a turret to boot.

Hopefully over time this equalizes out arty to a degree where it needs skill and a bit of foresight, hence requiring a semblance of skill.

Also E100 has been buffed indirectly thanks to the nerf on tier 10 pen and HEAT/APCR normalization nerf. More beastly than ever.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
so gold rounds not needed on the e100 ? since it's been mandatory for awhile now heh

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I messed up not buying the tier 6 arty for US and France pre-patch. Now I get to grind two more tiers if I want those.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
I messed up not buying the tier 6 arty for US and France pre-patch. Now I get to grind two more tiers if I want those.

I missed out on the GWT by about 30K exp, but I don't even care now. I just set my GWP to reserve. :\ The GWP isn't as badly affected by the huge reticules since its traverse is so large, but it is still just horrible. Before this patch I had a 46% (direct) hit rate in it, now it is more like 20-30%.

I'm sure 8.6 will go a long way toward eliminating games of 4 arty per side.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
After downloading the patch and getting my mods working, I took my E-100 out for a spin. It definately seems to bounce more. I'm also able to hit shit. I dont think I fully aimed a single shot yesterday, and I dont remember missing at all. I even hit an E5 at 600+m, and my round soared like a derp shot and to my surprise hit well over a second later. Its a shame I only won 1 out of 3 and averaged over 3k damage. I guess solo pubbing hasn't gotten any better. The good news was that my 3 tier 10 games only had 2-3 arty in them per side, instead of the normal 5.

I ended up getting over 17M refunded from ammo. So after I sell my 261 and su-51 I'll be sitting on over 30M. Now I just have to hope we have a shell discount in the near future so I can stock up again. At least they didn't touch my stockpiles of T-54 and IS-6 ammo, but I will miss that warehouse full of konisch rounds I had stored away for my vk3601.