[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 254 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Llwellyn

Feb 29, 2012
Oh, the hijinks on the test server! The randomness of the new game modes made for some really interesting stuff. I was trying to unlock French SPGs and the MM was taking forever. Finally, it threw us into a battle with five SPGs, 1 TD and 1 light tank per side. It was assault mode, where there is only 1 base and the attackers have to capture it, and we were attacking.

We were on Karelia, so I came up the left side into the open to see what I could shoot (playing the tier III SPG) and managed to damage a couple of the enemy units. Eventually, it gets down to me and one other SPG on our side against two SPGs and their TD, who managed to not spot me in my slow crawl to the base, and then ignore me when I started to cap. Their SPGs try to fire on me at the base, but I'm behind a rock. They decide to try to rush me, and they both missed their direct fire shots, while I manage to hit both of mine. The TD never came back, and I got an Invader medal on an SPG for 100% cap.

The next one was El Halluf on encounter (one neutral base, first team to cap wins), and I was in my KV-3. I managed to take some chunks out of the premium JT, an IS-6, an M103 and another high-tier heavy before I got blown into the sky by an enemy S-51 because I couldn't back out of the spot I was in fast enough. It gets down to the wire, trading cap points back and forth, until there are only two SPGs left on each side and no tanks.

Their SPG goes for the cap, and our M41 manages a direct fire shot from the hill and gets him in one hit. The enemy S-51 managed to get our other SPG, leaving just the M41 and the S-51 to duke it out for the win. They both make it to the base, but there is 1) a huge rock on one side of the cap circle, and 2) about 25 dead tanks in their way of each other. The M41 manages to outmaneuver the S-51, but misses his shot. The S-51 flubs his shot, then they dance for two more minutes. Finally, the S-51 gets stuck and the M41 lands a nice killing blow with less than 30 seconds on the clock.

Overall, I like both of the new modes. The spawns and bases are not in the same place as standard attack mode, so it requires new tactics for all types of vehicles to be effective.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
More ranting about the MM incomming. Just got done with a game. The other team got 1 more Tier 9 than us. But insult to injury? Their Tier 9s consisted of 3xM103s + 1 IS8 + 1T54

We consisted of 2xE50(me) + Patton + T54. Gee thanks. Not only did we lose a T9, we had mediums vs their heavies. It was a bloodbath.

Just had another one right after.

Other team not only had two T10s to our 1, they also had more Tier 9s and 8s by one. How the hell?

But on a good note, did shoot then ram a T54 to death :D

Last edited:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
More ranting about the MM incomming. Just got done with a game. The other team got 1 more Tier 9 than us. But insult to injury? Their Tier 9s consisted of 3xM103s + 1 IS8 + 1T54

We consisted of 2xE50(me) + Patton + T54. Gee thanks. Not only did we lose a T9, we had mediums vs their heavies. It was a bloodbath.

Just had another one right after.

Other team not only had two T10s to our 1, they also had more Tier 9s and 8s by one. How the hell?

But on a good note, did shoot then ram a T54 to death :D

Heh in clan wars, my E50 soloed a 50B last night. Afterwards my cursed T54 went on a rampage on Ensk. Got top gun, killing an IS8, T34, 2 E50s, a 13-90 and an E75.

Tier 9 mediums are no slouches.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
It's absolutely retarded to allow a 75mm gun to HE spam a high tier tank and cause nontrivial damage/crits. It's also retarded to allow high tier tanks to HE spam each other when they suck too much to aim properly.
So basically, what you are saying is that you do NOT want lower tier players to even compete other than passive/active scouting when they are tossed into high MM games.

Edit: when I see a tier 10 tank shooting HE I laugh to myself and rape them as I shoot AP. Why get angry at this non issue.

Congrats on going through all the tiers, I certainly did not go back and play through the different spinoffs like the E2.

As far as I'm concerned, outside of mobile artillery cannons (KV-2...), HE shouldn't even be an option. There's absolutely no historical basis for an Easy 8 shooting HE at a KT. HE was used against infantry. Even with the KV-2, guns like the 152 are ridiculous. I'd say there's a problem when players are actively targetting a tier 5 (or now tier 6 i guess) over higher tier targets b/c they fear being derped.
Historical, HISTORICAL... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So I play the 152 KV2 a LOT. I know what damage it is capable of, and at the front of higher tier tanks it is good for 200-300 damage. That's every 21 seconds with Brothers in Arms and a Rammer. 300 damage every 21 seconds. Holy hell that is so Over Powered.

I know, you don't want a tier 6 tank to even scratch the paint on your tier 10 tank. Got it.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
to be fair, there's a bit of "historicalness" to the tanks. Penetration values and armor values are fairly accurate up until tier 6-7, and the tiger does rip apart all the M4s and T-34s it comes across very easily.

I personally don't have a problem with KVs or people shooting HE rounds, but buffing HE means buffing Arty and there's absolutely no way Arty needs a buff.

Also high tier spamming HE shells = lolfreekill.

Last edited by a moderator:

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
So basically, what you are saying is that you do NOT want lower tier players to even compete other than passive/active scouting when they are tossed into high MM games.

What did I just say? I've been in that low tier tank in a high tier battle PLENTY of times. In tanks with even mediocre mobility, penetrating the enemy & affecting the battle is a non-issue if you are not bad at tanks. My Jumbo & VK3601 both have 60% win rates, having never platooned/TCed in them. Even my vk3001p has nearly a 60% win rate, and everyone hates this tank. Yes, getting in high tier battles all the damn time is demoralizing at times b/c you generally cannot swing the whole battle the way a top tier can. But it is a "team" (quotes b/c teams suck) game and the little guys can pull their weight if played competently.

But instead of competent play, when I run into low tiers in my big tanks, 90% of the time I see them trying to plink my front armor with their little guns. Fail.

The worst part of playing tier 6 in a tier9 battle is when your team sucks. If your high tiers retard rush or sit out in the open for arty or what have you, you lose. There's almost nothing your little tank can do.

Tanks that are too slow to flank and are forced to go head-to-head should have their MM adjusted. Like the AMX-40 being tiered like a tier4 scout is retarded. Or the old KV-3 in a tier10 battle, useless. For everyone else, you should rarely find yourself forced to be a scout that cannot possibly deal damage.

Edit: when I see a tier 10 tank shooting HE I laugh to myself and rape them as I shoot AP. Why get angry at this non issue.
Because when those idiots are on MY team, we tend to lose. Sure it's funny to run into these dumbshits and mess with them. But I'd rather have players with a basic level of competency (read: not inbred retard downers), which would allow for a greater depth of gameplay in pubs.

Congrats on going through all the tiers, I certainly did not go back and play through the different spinoffs like the E2.
Actually I wasn't in a hurry to get to tier10, so I played every tank line at once. So after like 6500 games, I only have 2 tier 10s but I've played most of the tanks too. Almost every tank has something interesting/good to offer. (A-20, M3 Lee, AMX-40, BDR, I hate those tanks.)

Historical, HISTORICAL... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I mean how did T-34s fight Tigers in real life? They had to swarm/flank the thing. In game, using your low tiers to flank is extremely effective. How about the E-50/E-75? Paper designs with the tranny in the front. These tanks have been doing just fine as they are... but now for historical reasons, the tranny is getting moved? History has plenty of bearing on this game. Clearly whether historical accuracy should be considered at all is a hotly debated topic, but try not to be such a troll.

So I play the 152 KV2 a LOT. I know what damage it is capable of, and at the front of higher tier tanks it is good for 200-300 damage. That's every 21 seconds with Brothers in Arms and a Rammer. 300 damage every 21 seconds. Holy hell that is so Over Powered.

I know, you don't want a tier 6 tank to even scratch the paint on your tier 10 tank. Got it.
200-300 damage? Did something get nerfed in the move to tier6? I seem to recall it hitting harder. In any case, 200-300 damage and a much higher chance to crit than AP. And you can deal that damage no matter where you're shooting. To me, part of the fun/excitement of being in a high tier tank is that I can go head to head with a low tier tank and not have to worry about him. Otherwise what the hell is the point of having all this damn armor?

I totally want low tiers to be able to damage me though--but from the sides/rear. To me, it makes the game more interesting when I'm fighting multiple enemy tanks that are threatening in different ways. Some targets can't pen my front, so I can ignore them unless they move. Some guys can move very quickly and screw me up (13 90, looking at you). This forces me to pay attention to where all the enemies are (e.g., saw a 13-90, now he's dark for a while... i might be getting flanked), and where my teammates are (do we have blindspots where tanks can slip in?). Part of what makes this game interesting is that it isn't a standard FPS. Everyone cannot damage everyone from any direction.

Lastly, as with poweryoga, my main complaint against any kind of HE buff is that it will buff arty. But since I've bitched about that issue x1000, I figured I'd try to argue against HE from other avenues.

Half a dozen uses of the f-word have been removed. Foul language is not permitted in the technical forums. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Arty needs a buff! Hah!

not a damage buff, an accuracy buff. Decrease damage to keep it the same.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Crappy day today. Kept getting that invisi bug problem that has been around since beta. Also seems like everyone on other team was platooned whereas my team wasn't. Makes a huge difference in the battles. Like constantly fighting 1 vs 3. Not much fun.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
platoons are not the end-all though. I've faced a LOT of platoons that just completely get rolled. When I platoon with my friend, we actually coordinate attacks and flanking maneuvers... most platoons I see don't even bother going the same way and just spend half the game ramming each other.

One good example... I was in a KV-3 holding off one side by myself after it folded, my friend was on the other side of the map helping out. (he's in a m7 doing medium tank things...). A PIV with 5 hp was pinging me and there was a tiger with full health coming to shoot me in the face. I take a few rounds from each and manage to light the tiger on fire, leaving the tiger with 200 HP and the PIV flanking me and trying to finish me off. I'm down to 100 hp in the mean time, and a shot from either would be the end of me. I finish off the tiger, and the PIV thinks he has me...

Nope. Been telling my friend to get his ass over to kill the PIV the whole time (we're on the phone, IRL friend). He shoots the unexpecting PIV, and our team rejoiced as the last two tanks (sans SPGs) died. Two seconds later a hummel kills me, but our arties are alive and we had a fast medium on our end. We win after the fail lemmingtrain died with 0 kills. I get 5 kills, my friend gets 3. Arty took the rest.

So yeah, platoons are good only if you use it properly.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Oh man life started off rough with the E50 this weekend. At one point I was at a 30% win rate. My teams were just terrible. They would melt away so fast it made my head spin. I worked it and my fiance's son came back from his dads which helped. Ended the weekend with a 50% win rate. Great tank, terrible MM. Love ramming tanks. So far my ram kill list includes

IS3
T29
GW Tiger
T54
M103
And almost got an E75 but my team killed him 3 seconds before I rammed him at 60kph.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
ramming an E-75 would have been a terrible idea. It's 30 tons heavier than you and you'd lose a ton of HP in comparison to him. First hand knowledge from E-50 ramming me... I lost about 50-100 hp, he lost 300-350.

You can ram other mediums fine though. Even a little tap to a t-54/type 59 would cause 50 points of damage. Ramming a heavy is not a good idea unless its almost dead and is not much heavier than you.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
He was almost dead. About 200ish HP left. I was at 100%. I wouldnt normally ram a heavy like that. But he was so close to death I thought it would be funny. The IS4 and IS7, and most of the German heavies are too big to ram. But the American tanks are about 8-10 tons lighter than me. I crushed an M103 on Campinova coming donw the hill at full speed. Right after I killed a T54 further up the hill by ramming.

Last edited:

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
You can ram other mediums fine though. Even a little tap to a t-54/type 59 would cause 50 points of damage. Ramming a heavy is not a good idea unless its almost dead and is not much heavier than you.

Actually the E-50 outweighs most of the US and Russian heavies. It just doesn't have the huge weight advantage that it does over most mediums.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
My Jumbo & VK3601 both have 60% win rates, having never platooned/TCed in them. Even my vk3001p has nearly a 60% win rate, and everyone hates this tank.
You are picking and choosing. The 3601 is generally regarded as the best tier 6 medium. The Jumbo has the mini derp and upgraded front armor that is tough to get through. The old E8 has gone to the wayside with the introduction of the autoloading frenchies and tier 5 scouts able to achieve the same thing.

Because when those idiots are on MY team, we tend to lose. Sure it's funny to run into these dumbshits and mess with them. But I'd rather have players with a basic level of competency (read: not inbred retard downers), which would allow for a greater depth of gameplay in pubs.
I know what you mean. I had a T30 that was spouting HE on my team, even the enemies was helping this guy know what he did wrong after he died. I had a friendly KV5 that did not know his own weakspots (he was going after another KV5 and hitting him in the turret while the other KV5 hit the R2 and commander's hatch). I had a 42% win ratio T92 on my team whose ONLY shot was to kill our last active tank.

Actually I wasn't in a hurry to get to tier10, so I played every tank line at once. So after like 6500 games, I only have 2 tier 10s but I've played most of the tanks too. Almost every tank has something interesting/good to offer. (A-20, M3 Lee, AMX-40, BDR, I hate those tanks.)
I went up all German lines at once plus the Russian heavy line. It took me a long time to get past tier 8's. The only tank I sped through with conversion of experience was the jpzIV.

How about the E-50/E-75? Paper designs with the tranny in the front. These tanks have been doing just fine as they are... but now for historical reasons, the tranny is getting moved? History has plenty of bearing on this game. Clearly whether historical accuracy should be considered at all is a hotly debated topic, but try not to be such a troll.
Funny you should mention this. There has been plenty of topics generated that show the E50-E75 does not have a front transmission. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index...g-read-about-alleged-e50-and-e75-front-drive/

I am not trolling, but I am pointing out that this game while based on historical qualities is more of an arcade than a simulator. Tanks that have been over powered are nerfed. Tanks which were never even designed (T28 prototype) are just fantasy and have ZERO historical background. The introduction of the French autoloaders had no basis of historical game play and were placed in before british because of gameplay differences.

200-300 damage? Did something get nerfed in the move to tier6? I seem to recall it hitting harder. In any case, 200-300 damage and a much higher chance to crit than AP. And you can deal that damage no matter where you're shooting. To me, part of the fun/excitement of being in a high tier tank is that I can go head to head with a low tier tank and not have to worry about him. Otherwise what the hell is the point of having all this damn armor?
I said hitting the front. If I get a side or rear shot to a decent tank I can and do still deal massive damage. However it is difficult to get those shots in the slow monster.

How is it fun knowing you can obliterate your opposing force if you keep your front to them? To me this is the same as putting on god mode in a FPS. Might be fun for a bit but in the end it grows boring killing tier 6's in a tier 9.

Lastly, as with poweryoga, my main complaint against any kind of HE buff is that it will buff arty. But since I've bitched about that issue x1000, I figured I'd try to argue against HE from other avenues.
And I addressed this. They can buff specific guns (and have done it in the past) so they could buff all non arty guns in HE. Heck, they could buff 100mm guns and smaller to give the mid tiers more punch.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
And I addressed this. They can buff specific guns (and have done it in the past) so they could buff all non arty guns in HE. Heck, they could buff 100mm guns and smaller to give the mid tiers more punch.

Problem is they are addressing the 0 damage crit issue, not HE. By addressing that issue, they seemed to have increased effectiveness of HE. Buffing/nerfing guns in that respect wouldn't do much.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Didn't realize the new heavies were so light. Weren't the T-34/T-30 pretty heavy?

I am not sure if they changed the weight of the tanks. Right now they are 65 tons(T34) and 63 tons(T30). They are a solid 8-10 tons heavier than the M103 and T110E2.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Yes, I remember ramming T-34 or T-30 never was not a good idea in the E-50. Haven't fought enough of M103s and T115s in my E-50 to try ramming.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
You are picking and choosing. The 3601 is generally regarded as the best tier 6 medium. The Jumbo has the mini derp and upgraded front armor that is tough to get through. The old E8 has gone to the wayside with the introduction of the autoloading frenchies and tier 5 scouts able to achieve the same thing.
The VK3001p (57%) isn't picking & choosing; almost everyone I know hates that tank :p. But yeah the 3601h is so good it's broken. Also M1A2 ftw on the jumbo; I don't use derps unless I can't avoid it. Penetration 4lyfe! lol. Anyway, T-43 58%, T-34/85 62%, T-34 60%, 13 75 66%, 13 90 72%, Panther 58%. And the bad ones: M4 53%, 12t 46% (fail!), pz iv 48% (fail!), vk3002db 52% (never fully upgraded it), T20 52% (fail!).

And the jumbo's front armor is good in like, tier6 and some tier7 matches. 175-200mm pen guns will rape its front armor; tier8 tanks make short work of the turret too. When I first got the jumbo, I wasn't pleased b/c from my experiences fighting it in my tier5 tanks (i think it was my first tier6?)

I know what you mean. I had a T30 that was spouting HE on my team, even the enemies was helping this guy know what he did wrong after he died. I had a friendly KV5 that did not know his own weakspots (he was going after another KV5 and hitting him in the turret while the other KV5 hit the R2 and commander's hatch). I had a 42% win ratio T92 on my team whose ONLY shot was to kill our last active tank.
Yeah... pubbies :( I haven't isntalled XVM b/c I think it would just make me angry. But sometimes my platoon mates tell me about how bad our team is for lulz. Like hearing about our 38% win rate T110 with a 300 effic rating. Oh god. Or a pair of platooned IS-4s with like 42% win rates. That was a disaster; they were utterly useless.

I went up all German lines at once plus the Russian heavy line. It took me a long time to get past tier 8's. The only tank I sped through with conversion of experience was the jpzIV.
I've never really tried SPGs (stopped after SU-26) and I've never played any TDs. The lack of a turret + lying in wait kind of gameplay turned me off. One of these days I'll have to pick a line and try it. The german line seems attractive except for the jpz iv, ouch.

Funny you should mention this. There has been plenty of topics generated that show the E50-E75 does not have a front transmission. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index...g-read-about-alleged-e50-and-e75-front-drive/

I am not trolling, but I am pointing out that this game while based on historical qualities is more of an arcade than a simulator. Tanks that have been over powered are nerfed. Tanks which were never even designed (T28 prototype) are just fantasy and have ZERO historical background. The introduction of the French autoloaders had no basis of historical game play and were placed in before british because of gameplay differences.
I used the E50/75 as an example b/c my understanding was that WG's rationale for the change was to maintain historical accuracy (along with random tweaks to sizes of various tanks). But yeah I've seen that thread indicating that the present locations might be more accurate. What "more accurate" means for a paper design, I don't know.

I wasn't saying that this game is 100% accurate or even close to it. More that there are many places where history affects this game (outside of the obvious tanks being historical). I can understand breaking w/history to maintain gameplay (like if french crews had to exit their tanks to reload, that would probably make them pretty shitty.. or if arty mechanics were realistic, LOL @arty players). I can understand adding paper designs or made-up tanks b/c some countries don't have enough tanks to fit into their tier system.

But HE (which is how we got down this argument in the first place)? Does it add to game balance? Well, definitely not how it used to work back in like 6.7ish. And right now, I think arty is too strong but I don't feel that HE spam is really an option in lower tiers, so that's probably ok. In some places, it seem stupid: like the 105 in american tier3s being able to 1shot most tier1/2 tanks; that's ridiculous. Or the ussr 152 in (old) tier5 matches, lame. Is HE historically accurate? No. I always got the sense that HE (fired from tanks) exists b/c when people complained about "i can't pen X tank from when I shoot the thickest armor! boohoohoo cry!", WG responded with "here, have HE" instead of "learn to play." It feels like a cop-out. And I'm not sure that it adds any kind of balance and has no basis in history. Thumbsdown for HE.

I said hitting the front. If I get a side or rear shot to a decent tank I can and do still deal massive damage. However it is difficult to get those shots in the slow monster.
Eh, I played the 107 and you can get side shots... it's just an arduous process. The KV-2 is slow as balls but I rarely found it unusably so? Unlike the old KV-3 (and current KV-3 w/o last engine), which is just... oh god.

How is it fun knowing you can obliterate your opposing force if you keep your front to them? To me this is the same as putting on god mode in a FPS. Might be fun for a bit but in the end it grows boring killing tier 6's in a tier 9.
I mean, I don't go around hunting for low tiers in my high tiers. But in a mixed battle, it's neat to be able to say "ok, I only have to worry about X,Y,Z tanks right now." Or to see that 13 75/90 or easy 8 or whatever poke out and think "should I shoot that now before it gets behind me?" Or the feeling of dread that comes when I fire on the enemy tier9 and the 13 90, having waited for my shot, darts out.

I dunno. Like I said, I think it's ok to be invulnerable to lower tier tanks when you're driving a high tier heavy from some some angles. It's part of the mythos of driving a big, bad heavy tank. It also gives your team's low tiers something to do--instead of plinking at the enemy tier9, our tier6s should be shooting theirs, flanking, or protecting us from flankers. Requiring low tiers to flank to do damage makes more sense too. As it is, we already have enough dummies who just fire at high tier frontal armor. Giving them HE shells that do real damage (which in the early days of HE was like as much as 50% of AP damage) just reinforces the battle setup where 2 opposing groups of tanks stare each other down and shoot. Encouraging flanking makes the game more dynamic & requires more skill from heavies & medium/lights.

Like even if HE were more powerful, I'd argue that flanking in mediums is still what you want to do most of the time. Mobility is their primary advantage. But there'd be fewer people doing it b/c they'd feel content to spam HE. Same for heavies... why learn to shoot weakspots when you can spam HE? It's a cop-out solution.

poweryoga said what i would've said already.

and with guns like the m1a2, short88, etc, many mid tiers already have plenty of punch through immense ROF. I personally prefer fast firing, accurate guns for my mediums. Like I hate the russian 100mm that's used on like, fucking all of its mediums. In the T-43 i'm forced into it really b/c it's the only gun w/penetration but in the T-34/85 I didn't use it.

Last edited:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Well to be fair, historically yes the HE rounds are used against infantry (shrapnel and whatnot), but for the larger caliber guns, an HE round or an AP round makes no real difference. For example, the BL-10, whether its firing an AP round or a HE round, would blow the turret right off the target. The reason it wasn't approved for use was because of the immense wear on the barrel because of the kinetic energy generated.

And I'm not for buffing HE at all. Back in the day before HE was nerfed, any shot at a T-95 (with its 400mm frontal thick armor) would do huge damage, like 200~ damage minimum. That is STUPID. IS-4s and other tier 8s and 9s would just spam HE until the thing died, never learning how to shoot the god damned thing.

Now you have to AIM at the various little weak spots on the T-95 hull, and be close enough to hit it. That is in line with the game, instead of the "herpy derp derp" mentality most pubbies seem to have. They think they're playing counterstrike with tanks.

The E8 is still my favorite sherman. Fast, mobile, and I can kill an AMX50-120 by myself if I catch it in a good spot (soloed one myself a while ago, got a LOT of exp that game...) I can't really do that with any other tier 6-7s.

If you like turreted flankers, try the american turreted TD line. I love the hellcat, and the other tanks are decently fun to play (though you can't influence battles like the AMX series can, as attested by my low win rate in many of them).

PS: your win rate in those tanks is better than mine, I think. I hated the jumbo personally, I couldn't deflect enough rounds with the front to matter (88 goes through it!!!!) and the speed is too slow. It's like a fat medium that can't damage heavies. You also need the 2nd turret to use the M1A2 which makes your entire turret a giant weakspot, one that even the SU-26 can penetrate and deal massive damage on.

Llwellyn

Feb 29, 2012
I know some people were holding out for a sale on slots, so here's the scoop for this weekend:

Worldoftanks.com said:
Tankers!
This Wednesday will mark the 68th anniversary of the commencement of Operation Overlord; more commonly known as D-Day. This operation launched the invasion of Germany and was entirely devoted to securing the beachhead for future Allied manuevers. Though the Allies took significant losses, the operation was a success. From this position the Allies were able to begin the liberation of France.
Starting at 04:30 PDT (11:30 UTC) on June 6, 2012 and lasting until 04:00 PDT on June 11, 2012 (11:00 UTC) the following discounts and bonuses will be active. Curious what time this is in your region? Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out.

• 50% discount on garage slots
  • 50% discount on consumables purchased with Credits
  • Crew training rate increased by x2
  • Discount on Premium Account time:
    • 3 days for 250 gold
    • 7 days for 650 gold
  • 50% discount on the credit cost of:
    • PzKpfw IV
    • VK 3601 (H)
    • PzKpfw VI Tiger
    • T1 Heavy
    • M6
    • T29
  • Increased Credit income 2x:
    • PzKpfw IV
    • VK 3601 (H)
    • PzKpfw VI Tiger
    • T1 Heavy
    • M6
    • T29
  • 50% discount on premium vehicles:
    • Ram-II
    • Matilda
Please note that selling the above-mentioned vehicles during the special will return 50% of their current sale price.

Be sure to take advantage of these discounts and bonuses while they last. On June 11, 2012 the above-mentioned items will return to normal price!