[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 253 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
T50 matchmaking sucks! I get stacked against stuff that I have no hope of penning.

You don't engage tanks. You passively or actively scout so that the big tanks behind you can engage safely. You scout arty, you harass TDs, you do not try to deal damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
T-50 is a great little tank. Try driving an M5 and you will see a painful grind. The M5 is almost as weak as the T-50, with only 60% of its speed.

Just zip around and laugh at the people trying to hit you. NEVER stop. Avoid hill climbs. Light up the enemy and make them focus on you, as your team tears them up.

Oh, and find/kill arty. With that little spit gun you have, its hard to actually kill an arty yourself. So coordinate with your own arty if possible.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
scouts should scout. The difference between t-50 and t-50-2 is that the latter can take down tigers and tiger IIs.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
business people are dumb and enjoy sensationalist titles, what else is new? To them all "games" are probably variations of farmville.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Retired my Panther II for now.

It served me well with a 60% win rate. Onto the E-50!

Edit: 7.4 changes (Move transmission to front of E50 and E75) Fuuuuuuu!

Last edited:

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Retired my Panther II for now.

It served me well with a 60% win rate. Onto the E-50!

Edit: 7.4 changes (Move transmission to front of E50 and E75) Fuuuuuuu!

That's bad news. Ugh, I'm tempted to just sell my E-75. It'll be 100000x worse if I get set on fire all the time b/c everyone/everything trivially cuts through my lower glacis. GAHHHH why did I spend 110k free xp on modules for this?!

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Preliminary list of changes of v7.4 changes as compared with v7.3:

Content
Added two new combat modes that will be added to the random battle queue: Assault and Encounter.
Assault: one team defends the only base, the second team will try to capture it or destroy all enemy vehicles. The mode is active for Erlenberg, Prokhorovka, Westfield, Karelia, Malinovka, Sand River, and Siegfried Line.
Encounter: both teams will attempt to capture the only base in the map center, or destroy all enemy vehicles to win. The mode is activated for El Halluf, Murovanka, Steppes, Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Malinovka, Sand River, and Siegfried Line.
Added two new maps: Airfield (North Africa) and Widepark (European town).
Added French TDs: Renault FT AC, Renault UE 57, Somua Sau 40, S 35 CA, ARL V 39, AC Mle.1946, AC Mle.1948, AMX 50 Foch.
Added French SPGs: Renault BS, Lorraine 39 L AM, AMX 105 AM, AMX-13 F3 AM, Lorraine 155 (50), Lorraine 155 (51), Bat. Chatillon 155.
Vehicles IS-6 and JagdTiger 8.8cm KwK43 L/71 are added to the in-game store, available for all players.
Two premium vehicles were added, available for supertesters only: Dickermax - German TD of tier 6, and T26E4 SuperPershing - American MT of tier 8.
Added one camouflage for each nation.
Added the option of training skills and perks for combined qualifications of crew (for example, training perks and skills of Radio Operator, when a Commander combines qualifications of a Commander and Radio Operator).
Added new medals: "Expert" (by nation) - for destroying at least one example of each tank type, existing at that moment in the specified nation tech tree.
"Medal of Raseiniai Heroes" - for destroying the whole enemy team (not less than 14 vehicles).
"Technical Engineer" (by nation) - for researching all vehicles, existing at that moment in a certain nation's tech tree.
"Senior Technical Engineer" - for researching all vehicles of all nations, existing at that moment.
"Sinai Lion" - for destroying over 100 "IS" tanks of any model and vehicles based on its model.

Fixes
Changed the sizing of the following vehicles to match historical ones: JagdTiger (enlarged to the size of TigerII), Object 261 (shrunk to the size of IS-7).
Fixed or reworked damage models of M2 lt, M3 Lee, JagdTiger, Gw E, Т-28, IS-8 (matlet), Е-50 (transmission moved to front), Е-75 (transmission moved to front), VK4502B (transmission moved to the middle part of the vehicle).
Fixed or reworked models of ARL-44, KV-1S, Pz III, Т-54, Valentile LL, T1 heavy, M41, VK4502A, IS-8.
Rebalanced several parameters of M103, T110, KV-4, M18 Hellcat, T30.
SPG LeFH18 B2: fixed parameters of radio FuG-8, changed wrong weight number, changed the combat level.
Fixed the name of suspension for SPG М12.
Fixed several bugs with French camouflage.
Fixed bugs with the camouflage cover for IS-7 and Marder II.
Fixed the cost of camouflage for Т30, KV-2, KV-3.
In order to reduce the amount of issues with "questionable" non-penetration/penetration, reworked the system of damaging with HE and armor-piercing shells. In some cases there's a possibility of damage and critical hits increase from HE shells.
Changed operation of Large Aid Kit: a constant bonus of "+5% to avoiding critical damage to crew" works till the end of the battle, even when the Aid Kit is used.
Changed operation of Large Repair Kit: a constant bonus of "+10% to repair speed" works till the end of the battle, even when the large repair kit is used.
Now Repair Kit fixes both tracks, if they are both damaged.
Added compensation to a team hit player, proportionate to the damage caused.
Now, if a player team damages someone, and the same shot damages an enemy vehicle, the decreasing team damage coefficient is considered for this shot.
Added controls with light-emitting diode glow over game events for ROCCAT mouse.
Added notes about relevant discounts in the game client.
Changed pop-up hints on tank modules, consumables, ammunition, and crew members.
Changed information displayed in the vehicle pop-up window.
All in-game sounds are optimized in frequency and compression.
Added sounds for environment: birds, rivers, sea, forests, villages.
Reworked several sound effects for environment.
Added sounds for several interface buttons.
Fixed the bug with the display of "post-mortem" panel in the interface-off mode.
Fixed or reworked effects for hitting wood and snow.
Fixed the description of Fadin's Medal.
Fixed several bugs with the passability on Siegfried Line, El Halluf, Ensk.
Changed display of bases and respawns on the minimap.
Fixed the bug with the green color of "Invite" button after leaving or excluding a friend from platoon.
Fixed the rare bug with the game client hang-up at the end of map loading.
Fixed the description of Brothers in Arms perk.
Fixed the rare possibility to be unable to gain "Elite" status on T-34-85, T-43 and KV-13.
Removed the "Tankers’ voice by nation" option.
Added the autoloader indicator for the howitzer shooting mode.
Fixed the rare hang-up of tank durability progress bar in the tank over-target marker.
Reduced the neon glow for tank panel interface elements in the garage and pop-up hints.
Changed the terms for earning Lavrinenko's, Leclerc's and Abram's medal.
Base and respawn markers on minimap have been added to the "color blind" mode.
Added the option to turn on the "server reticle” marker to the game settings.
Changed the mechanism for selecting a message channel in battle chat. Now, to switch from team chat to all chat the "TAB" key is used.
At request for battle menu, the mouse cursor is centered on the "Back to garage" option.
Changed the design of free experience and gold conversion windows.
In a platoon or a tank company, when the Commander speaks, the volume of other players speaking in the voice chat reduces.
Fixed the display of tanks with camouflage (tracks without hull and turret) for Radeon video cards of dated series.
Fixed the display of sniper mode cover in the window mode, when the window height is greater that the width.
Fixed several bugs in the alternate color scheme.
Removed mouse inversion in the SPG mode.
Fixed several bugs with the spam filter.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Added controls with light-emitting diode glow over game events for ROCCAT mouse.
Added sounds for environment: birds, rivers, sea, forests, villages.
Reworked several sound effects for environment.
Added sounds for several interface buttons.
Fixed or reworked effects for hitting wood and snow.

Damn glad they spent time on this when other crap still exists.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Yeah never mind the balls matchmaker, the total lack of physics, the single game mode, gamers want better wood and snow effects yeah!! :awe:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Yeah never mind the balls matchmaker, the total lack of physics, the single game mode, gamers want better wood and snow effects yeah!! :awe:

You missed the first few lines on the patchnotes.

Added two new combat modes that will be added to the random battle queue: Assault and Encounter.
Assault: one team defends the only base, the second team will try to capture it or destroy all enemy vehicles. The mode is active for Erlenberg, Prokhorovka, Westfield, Karelia, Malinovka, Sand River, and Siegfried Line.
Encounter: both teams will attempt to capture the only base in the map center, or destroy all enemy vehicles to win. The mode is activated for El Halluf, Murovanka, Steppes, Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Malinovka, Sand River, and Siegfried Line.

But yeah, where's the physics? Wasn't that on supertest a while ago?

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
"Rebalanced" M103 and T110? Wtf does that mean :( I love my M103, leave it alone! Now I'm not sure if I should buy the T110 before this patch releases... if they nerf it hard, it won't even be worth buying.

Now Repair Kit fixes both tracks, if they are both damaged.
Good. Absolutely retarded scenario: one track is red, one track is yellow. Fixing the red track gets me out of immediate danger... so I use my repair kit. One track is red, one track is pristine. How it's taken THIS long to fix this behavior, I have no idea.

In some cases there's a possibility of damage and critical hits increase from HE shells.
Oh yes, b/c HE doesn't do enough damage/destroy enough modules/kill enough crew members as it is. Please, let's just make HE from any vehicle one-shot every tank in a 100m radius!

When people complain about 0 damage pen/crits, NOBODY is complaining about HE! NOBODY!!! christ.

edit: oh yeah and I'm 100% dreading the new game modes. WG can barely design balanced maps for the ONE game mode that we have right now (Province, anyone? Komarin?). Retard pubbies can't even play the ONE mode we have now competently. Adding MORE isn't going to help. Esp on the balance side... a map that is good now might be godawful in the new modes (El Hallauf as an 'encounter' map: this is going to as bad as Province!!! what were they THINKING?!). And the 1 side attacks, 1 side defends thing just sounds stupid. Pubbies can't organize an attack (or a defense) to save their lives. People on the 'defending' team will interpret that as "OMG BASE CAMP NAO". People on the attacking side will interpret that as "LEMMING TRAIN NAO". It'll be retarded.

And forcing the new modes on everyone by making it random? That's retarded. If the new modes are good, people will play them. If they're even more fun than the current mode, then the current one will die. If the new shit sucks as hard as I think it will, then people will keep playing the current mode. Either way, giving people CHOICES gives us the freedom to enjoy the game! Why would you force shit down our throats? Again, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

Dreading.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Why iwould you force shit down our throats?

.... Soviet russia joke inc 5... 4.... 3...

Also from what it sounds like, the reworked model to fix 0 damage crits had an effect of making HE shells stronger.

So yeah, enjoy getting hit by that T92 in the 4 arty games. Or in clan wars.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
.... Soviet russia joke inc 5... 4.... 3...

Also from what it sounds like, the reworked model to fix 0 damage crits had an effect of making HE shells stronger.

So yeah, enjoy getting hit by that T92 in the 4 arty games. Or in clan wars.

LOL @ soviet russia. excellent point.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
i'd happily leave 0dmg crits. It's too strong as it is and only detracts from the game to me. Put another way,
I would not mind a nerf to damage output to higher tier arty. But if MM keeps putting mid tier mediums and heavies in with high tier enemies, I think they need to greatly buff smaller gun HE damage. It used to be the derp guns were the solution for mid tier tanks playability with shitty MM.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
"Rebalanced several parameters of M103, T110, KV-4, M18 Hellcat, T30."

Damn, that has to mean nerf, right? At least for the M103 and T110. Not sure what they might rework on the T30 - it feels about right.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
we'll find out once the testers get their hands on them. Maybe they're getting rid of the random soft spots on the american front hulls, but I'm thinking its doubtful.

Llwellyn

Feb 29, 2012
"Rebalanced several parameters of M103, T110, KV-4, M18 Hellcat, T30."

Damn, that has to mean nerf, right? At least for the M103 and T110. Not sure what they might rework on the T30 - it feels about right.

M103 and T110 had slight ROF nerfs, KV-4 got a ROF buff, Hellcat got a suspension traverse nerf of 2 degrees, T30 got a ROF nerf and something else nerfed too I think.

I was excited to see the IS-6 show up, but I keep seeing discrepancies on the price. It was initially listed at 7500 gold, same as the KV-5, but now people's screenshots are showing it at 11,800 gold. I'm not paying $50 for a Lowe, I'm certainly not paying almost that for the IS-6 which has stats like the KV-5!

I look forward to jumping on the test server again, especially if the accounts were copied within the past week. I look forward to trying out the new French stuff, but also getting my hands on the KV-4, IS-3, IS-8 and ST-1 to figure out what I really should be trying to aim for on live.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
I would not mind a nerf to damage output to higher tier arty. But if MM keeps putting mid tier mediums and heavies in with high tier enemies, I think they need to greatly buff smaller gun HE damage. It used to be the derp guns were the solution for mid tier tanks playability with shitty MM.

Uh... I've elited through tier 7 in almost every tank line (except french heavies). The only tanks that feel useless in high tier matches are the tanks that are extremely slow (BDR, KV-3, AMX-40, for example)... b/c armor is neutralized by tier X guns whereas mobility is not. All other tanks perform fine with the guns that they have. People who complain about the short88 on like the VK3601 or even the VK3002DB are just bad at tanks and don't understand how to drive a medium. Similarly I was very successful with the 57mm on the T-34 (i wish it was an option on the T-34/85 tbh) or the M1A2 on the Jumbo and what have you. We do NOT need buffs to HE damage of ANY gun.
It's absolutely retarded to allow a 75mm gun to HE spam a high tier tank and cause nontrivial damage/crits. It's also retarded to allow high tier tanks to HE spam each other when they suck too much to aim properly.

As far as I'm concerned, outside of mobile artillery cannons (KV-2...), HE shouldn't even be an option. There's absolutely no historical basis for an Easy 8 shooting HE at a KT. HE was used against infantry. Even with the KV-2, guns like the 152 are ridiculous. I'd say there's a problem when players are actively targetting a tier 5 (or now tier 6 i guess) over higher tier targets b/c they fear being derped.

M103 and T110 had slight ROF nerfs, KV-4 got a ROF buff, Hellcat got a suspension traverse nerf of 2 degrees, T30 got a ROF nerf and something else nerfed too I think.

M103 went from 5.5->5.36 (fairly minor)
T110 went from 6.45->6.0 (almost 10%! Pretty huge. It's like taking your rammer away)

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Yeah. In a tier 7 tank you should be able to penetrate other tanks provided you know where to aim. HE is a crutch and the only time I'm using it is when I run out of AP shells or if I find myself hitting the front of tier 9 with my KV somehow.

But many people are bad@tanks. I just wish those same people somehow get lost on the way to the WOT forums, but that never happens and they always manage to make some topic about russian bias. Meanwhile, M103 raping faces etc.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
It was bound to happen. Failteam after failteam tonight. Holy christ, nights like these make me want to quit this game for good.