[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 255 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Got the VK4502P now...I only need to grind up the tracks, turret and 12.8cm gun, then it's grind to Maus time.

Still learning how use this tank...but get accused of cheating more now :s *LOL*

http://peecee.dk/upload/view/369686

Or...first he thought I used gold ammo...then I fired to fast (like a french tank)...must be cheating to blow up a unaware E-75 in a VK4502P :whiste:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Still learning how use this tank...but get accused of cheating more now :s *LOL*

Heh I had an opponent convinced I was cheating last night in my E100. I was on mines and I saw a tracer fly out of a known camping spot. I took a guess and one shot a 40/43.I then saw another tracer and one shot another arty. He accused me of cheating. I agreed. Our team was laughing over that as we just mopped them with the "hacker" E100.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Public Test #2 for 7.4

In addtion to 7.4 #1 these were added

Game Mechanics changes:
Komarin and Swamp removed from Random rotation per many requests;
Increased time of base capture in Encounter mode;
Duration of battle in Attack mode reduced to 10 minutes;
Reduced possibility of hitting crew with HE;
Added automatical creditting of "Raseiniai Heroes Medal" to players, whose maximal frags in combat equal 15.

Vehicle rebalancing:
Engine Maybach HL 234P50 removed from SPG Lorraine 155 50 and Lorraine 155 51;
Changed parameters of engines of SPG AMX 105 AM;

UI and Graphics changes:
Fixed the display of water for several graphics settings configurations;
Reworked visual style of base markers and respawns on minimap;
On loading and time remaining windows, added the notification of the combat mode;
Parameters of premium TD FCM36 Pak40 returned to those in 7.3;
Parameters of premium TD T34 returned to those in 7.3;
Armoring of T-28 returned to parameters specified in 7.3;
Added icons of nations for Expert and Technical Engineer medals by nation;
Removed notification about the test special at entering garage;
Added new logo of Wargaming.net to the login window;
Ruinberg map optimized in productivity and memory consumption.

Fixes:
Fixed the bug with red square in tank panel in garage;
Fixed the reduced damage to vehicle suspension;
Fixed small font of tabs in the battle statistics window;
Fixed rare FPS lagging, seen in test#1;
Fixed the position of guns in research of SPG S 35 CA;
Fixed zero values for some armor places for T2 med and T-34-85;
Fixed the voice message for "hot keys" (F2-F7), and the sound of marking a square on minimap;
Fixed operation of Expert perk in howitzer mode in direct view range;
Fixed the description of Sinai Lion medal;
Fixed bugs with damaged models of Т20, M4A3E8;
Fixed errors in module names of several French SPG;
Fixed the description of engines of SPG AMX 13F3AM;
Fixed the display of tank short name in achievements window;
Fixed absence of ally icons on minimap at counting out the battle start;
Fixed combat hint (F1);
Fixed the name of achievement "Raseiniai Heroes Medal";
Fixed the historical note about the achievement "Raseiniai Heroes Medal";
Fixed the marking of guns in the tank info-window, activated from the context menu;
Fixed gun angle of inclination of Tetrarch;
Fixed several slight errors in new hints about the tank and modules;
Fixed operation of mechanism of demounting consumables, incompatible with modules;
Fixed the fallout of tank icon with maximal amount of battles in achievements;
Fixed fallout of pop-up achievement hint;
Fixed the tracks effect for SPG AMX AC mle 1946;
Fixed negative values in terms of getting Leclerc's medal;
Fixed occasional interruption of melody playing at the map loading;
Fixed the display of required tanks for Expert medals in info-window achievement;
Fixed hanged objects on Steppes map.
Fixed several slight errors on new maps Widepark and Airfield.

Changes between 7.3 and 7.4, not provided before (because we had to test them first):

Game mechanics changes:
Terrain and objects reworked to fit new game modes on El Halluf, Murovanka, Steppes, Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Erlenberg, Prokhorovka, Westfield, Karelia, Malinovka, Sand River, Siegfried's Line.

UI and Graphics changes:
Added the reaction of the program icon in Windows 7 tray for several in-game situations: battle start, invite receipt;
Added forward/rewind to combat replay playing;
Added new complaint point: Non-informative message";
On minimap, the tank point changed to "tank arrow", pointing out the motion direction, and the "view triangle" now turns according to the camera rotation;
On minimap, tank destruction is now marked with a slight tank marker flash;
Changed light on Himmelsdorf map;
Added the option of sending chat messages in a platoon.
Added new hot keys for opening chat window: Enter - starts team chat, Ctrl+Enter - starts general chat, Shift+Enter - starts platoon chat.

Fixes:
Fixed chat text highlight in battle start after countdown;
Fixed damaged model of Tiger II (added gun-machine half-sphere and enlarged the transmission size to that of JadTiger);
Reworked Expert medal receipt. This medal becomes dynamic and will "merge" once a new tank is added to the game.

Kind of surprised they didnt take out campinova. While neither of those maps were my favorites. They were better than campinova.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Komarin and Swamp removed from Random rotation per many requests;
Reduced possibility of hitting crew with HE;

YESSSSSSSSSS.

Fuck you Komarin, fuck you.

Although I enjoyed swamp it was one of the campiest maps, even more so than campinova. Campinova I always go hill so the game is pretty fun for me. I imagine it's not that fun for people sitting at the base for 10 minutes.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
YESSSSSSSSSS.

Fuck you Komarin, fuck you.

Although I enjoyed swamp it was one of the campiest maps, even more so than campinova. Campinova I always go hill so the game is pretty fun for me. I imagine it's not that fun for people sitting at the base for 10 minutes.

I love to play those maps in my VK2801...or PzIII/IV...people that camp on those maps...really don't get the maps ;)

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Compinova is probably one of the reasons I have got into mediums. I hated that slow climb in a heavy lol. Recently at least people are willing to try the across the field dash 5 mins into the game.

I think Swamps issue was the design. The maps I dislike the most tend to be ones where they are only 1-2 realistic avenues of approach. Swamp, the middle was a death trap. Like a dino falling into a tar pit. Most maps if you look at the design allow for 3 avenues of approach. This makes the game more random. 1-2 avenues means more camping.

Komerin I dont mind too much. But felt the terrain added difficulty into the mix. And for some reason I get a crapload of disappearing tanks on that map.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Got the VK4502P now...I only need to grind up the tracks, turret and 12.8cm gun, then it's grind to Maus time.

http://peecee.dk/upload/view/369686

Or...first he thought I used gold ammo...then I fired to fast (like a french tank)...must be cheating to blow up a unaware E-75 in a VK4502P :whiste:

Familiarize yourself with the corner wizard maneuver, as I call it. It is optimal for rear turreted tanks like the VK4502P and the Maus.

sidescraper-corner.png

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Swamp's middle is the reason why I got off-roading on my driver. It makes the middle actually somewhat bearable on my e-75, though I tend to go off on the east (into the village). I never cross the bridge on the north because their whole entire team can light you up very easily.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I actually liked The Swamp map. I didn't mind Komarin either. Like Genx87 said they are both better than Campinova. I haven't played this week. Been busy doing other things. I did jump on last night and bought four more discounted tank slots for future additions.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Familiarize yourself with the corner wizard maneuver, as I call it. It is optimal for rear turreted tanks like the VK4502P and the Maus.

sidescraper-corner.png

That is what I do in my Leichttraktor too, held of 5-6 tansk like that in Erlenberg in the VK4502P the other day, to the south...TD's and scout rushed the corner at southeat and got creamed real fat, moved from the castle to the bottom and took that position.
Took a T44 down to ~150 XP, got a +320 damge shoot in on a IS-8, tracked a E-75 and a T-29 and the VK3601H rushed back behind the building when I aimed at it and some other tank was along too...that stopped their push toards our arty and made them hide in the buildings by the suout brigde untill I got creamed...but I gave atry time to move...but the rest of the team went lemming up north, so it was just a delaying action.

But this tanks can reall take a beating compared to the VK4502A.
Although the VK4205A is a very good PAB tank...the VK4502 just brings more pain and HP...can't wait untill the 128 mm gun...time to grind up ;)

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
That's the reverse-peakaboo that most people are talking about. It's applicable to most large tanks but you have to be very careful with it in german tanks, as they have very skinny sides that may get penned (and possibly ammo racked) if you angle incorrectly.

The actual maneuver is best done by leaving a bit of space in the front so you can slide out of view just by pressing forward. German tanks have a distinct advantage for this because they can pivot in place, making this easier. This is something I've been doing with the IS-4 and E-75 for a while now.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
As much as I don't like some maps sometimes, I hate to see them removed, I had fun on Komarin and Swamp. Can't think of one bad enough to remove - Province is possible.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
I HATE KOMARIN. HATE IT.

Removing Komarin almost makes me feel good about the upcoming patch. Well, besides that whole random game mode thing, grrrrr. Swamp is campy as hell but I don't mind it as much, but it is pretty rough when the enemy has good arty players. I'm happy to lose both of these maps, but *especially* komarin. I have NEVER had an enjoyable game on that map.

Also hopefully the reduced chance for HE killing crew is in response to whatever HE buff that happened through their attempts to reduce 0 damage crits. And thumbsup if the engine changes for the new frenchies makes them slower... 62kph arty is retarded.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Not to mention how people are using it as pretty much a giant derp cannon with 6 shots. Imagine getting hit by 6 hummel shots in a row... that's pretty much what it's like right now.

And the topspeed means they can pretty much get out of dodge if they need to. I don't mind the top speed, but decrease the acceleration and power ratio so they never hit it without going down a slope (and make it turn like a slug), like the lowe.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Map selection would be a better option than map removal, the player base is large enough to handle it, if the numbers thrown around by WOT are true. AI for more gameplay variety wouldn't hurt either. WOT leaves too much to random factors.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
AI for tanks? No thanks, my teammates are stupid enough, I don't need a guaranteed stupid tier 9 on my team. This isn't UT where bots are viable solutions, since running off by yourself in this game means you die. period.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
That wouldn't be the only way to utilize AI. A 15 player match vs a AI convoy would be a welcome change IMO, pretty sure there are other, more creative ways to utilize AI.

Either way, I still consider the game in beta stage, as is.