[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 100 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
I'm already up to 14 slots from past sales, and should be able to get 2-3 more for free as they expand the tech tree. I think I'll save my gold. :)

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I'm waiting for the russian tree changes as well, will get 3 new slots and I can finally sell that stupid kv-3.

Actually taking a little break from this game right now to play other stuff. It's nice to not have to worry about people ruining your night by depriving you of a win.

Or being 1 shotted by 5 Gw-tiger type Es.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
I'm waiting for the russian tree changes as well, will get 3 new slots and I can finally sell that stupid kv-3.

Actually taking a little break from this game right now to play other stuff. It's nice to not have to worry about people ruining your night by depriving you of a win.

Or being 1 shotted by 5 Gw-tiger type Es.

Or get overrun by a fucking fleet of E75's or E100's or LOWE's.

This game has really gone down hill.

It's World of Tanks That Never Made It Off The Drawing Board. :thumbsdown::mad:

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nik, every post you make about this game seems so angry. Maybe you need a more soothing game, or less caffiene, or less booze. ;)

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
So...I'm at tier4 lights, tier6 mediums, tier7 heavies, and tier5 arty. I feel like I'm in a decent place where none of my tanks truly suck.

With 2600g (enough for month of premium), do I buy more garage slots, or buy more premium time? I have 7/9 garage slots (filled/total). I'm thinking more garage slots, but with my lack of patience this will inevitably mean more money into the game.

Ugh, this is is a dilemma. To me, the lower tier stuff is as much fun as the higher tier. More noobs at the lower end, but more aholes at the top. Same results really, roughly 50/50 wins and losses in random battles among all tanks I play.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
If you're going to go ahead and push further into the higher tiers, get premium. If you'd rather tinker with a wider variety of tanks in the lower tiers, get more slots. IMO.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
The bonus crew xp is really nice. My T32 and Hummel both hit 100% tonight.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
im tyring to get my kv crew to 100% now in the 2nd skill training thing so i can move them over to the is-7 once the russian patch hits

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Or get overrun by a fucking fleet of E75's or E100's or LOWE's.

This game has really gone down hill.

It's World of Tanks That Never Made It Off The Drawing Board. :thumbsdown::mad:

I gripe and complain about various tanks, arty, other game bugs as much as anyone I guess but probably what ruins it for me more than anything else is the in game hate and negativity more than anything else. I really like WoT but no game is fun when jerks spout out stuff constantly in game. It doesn't even have to be directed at me to make me want to go play a solo PC game. All the negative energy just turns my stomach after a while.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I gripe and complain about various tanks, arty, other game bugs as much as anyone I guess but probably what ruins it for me more than anything else is the in game hate and negativity more than anything else. I really like WoT but no game is fun when jerks spout out stuff constantly in game. It doesn't even have to be directed at me to make me want to go play a solo PC game. All the negative energy just turns my stomach after a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Hi. I just started playing this morning. Why do all the tanks in-game show up as diamonds? From the screenshots it looked like I would see other tanks on the field.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
The game displays symbols to indicate the type of tank.

Diamond is light tank.
Diamond with a slash through it is medium tank.
Diamond with 2 slashes is a heavy tank.
Inverted triangle is a tank destroyer.
Square is a self propelled gun (SPG), aka arty.

You should see other tanks in the game. But symbols will still show up even if they aren't directly in your line of sight, eg if they're behind a building.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006

With more than a hundred pages and this thread being one of the most successful in the subforum's history, considering how many posts there are in this thread, I think I'm entitled to bitch every once in a while.

So take your passive aggressive BS elsewhere, thanks.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
e50 is an awesome rammer hahaha
even with the top engine it's still a bit sluggish but once it gets going its a freight train.
i'm enjoying it a lot

can't wait to get over to the tiger II, e75, e100 line next after i finish up the T54 grind

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Hi. I just started playing this morning. Why do all the tanks in-game show up as diamonds? From the screenshots it looked like I would see other tanks on the field.

At tier 1, they're all 'light tanks'. As you play higher tanks, you'll find different types.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
e50 is an awesome rammer hahaha
even with the top engine it's still a bit sluggish but once it gets going its a freight train.
i'm enjoying it a lot

I had to ram to save my GW Panther last night. A 38na did a very successful scouting mission against us and I was the only arty that was in any sort of elevated position. So I steamrolled down the hill and committed to hitting this guy. T-boned him good (don't think he even saw it coming). Tracked me but I had a repair kit.

I did a 1% ram in reverse in my King Tiger against a KV last night as well. Felt like Austin Powers telling that guy to get out of the way for 5 minutes!

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I haven't played since the end of Beta and would like to check it out again, however, I'm not sure its the same game I left at this point. Definitely do not want to spend any money on the game but also want to feel like I can advance with 30 minutes of play per day. Guess that isn't going to happen, eh?

Canun

Apr 1, 2006
Low level tanks are easy to move up at half an hour a day. Then you get stuck like I am. It takes weeks to move up through mediums.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Low level tanks are easy to move up at half an hour a day. Then you get stuck like I am. It takes weeks to move up through mediums.

It takes weeks? Seriously? It only takes weeks if you play one or two matches per day. Even if you're freaking horrible, you'll fail upwards a hell of a lot faster than weeks or even week.