[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 271 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
It seems that reporting team killing does nothing. I had a ticket on it, and asked them, do they even look at replays sent in on team kills? They said no, the only action is from the automated system, they don't do anything else and don't even look at replays sent in. That would seem to cover in-game reporting of tk's too, so it seems pointless to have that reporting as a game feature.

It makes people FEEL there is something they can do.

I never got blue though...wonder hat you have to do to get that color on the minmap...

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

I never got blue though...wonder hat you have to do to get that color on the minmap...

Any kill of an ally in either team's cap circle, or more shots outside of that.

Ramming doesn't seem to do enough damage to reach the limit almost ever.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Any kill of an ally in either team's cap circle, or more shots outside of that.

Ramming doesn't seem to do enough damage to reach the limit almost ever.

Nah...killed a Type59 once...he tracked me in base circle, didn't go blue...I used 5-6 shot to kill him...didn't go blue either.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Nah...killed a Type59 once...he tracked me in base circle, didn't go blue...I used 5-6 shot to kill him...didn't go blue either.

Well, I didn't say track in you circle, I said kill you. Heard that's the case; a person who shot me once tk'ing in circle, I had low health, instantly turned blue also.

Edit: checked the forum, and it doesn't say one kill does it for sure, it says 'the penalties are increased' in the circles.

Last edited:

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I'm not paying for premium again untill they apply the physics patch..and get more maps.
So few maps now...it gets boring :(

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Fuck I hate the crappy ingame physics...tanks stop from 71km/h to 0 km/h...in the most retarded places...I cannot wait for the physics patch...I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really...DISLIKE the crappy ingame physics in WoT!!!

Invisible walls got me killed twice yesterda, so I totally agree with you. Fuck invisible walls.

edit: Also installed XVM today. I have to say it's actually improving my win rates... Now I aim for purple and green players first, knowing that the windowlickers are more likely going to miss my tank or not support the good players in a push. On sand river I had the opportunity to shoot at 4-5 guys that were all on low health... and I took out the one guy that was actually able to hit my hulled down pershing and keeping me in check. Rest subsequently folded in a big brawl that ended in our favor.

Similarly, 3 of my guys with a 48% win rate almost died to a single ferdinand. They were IS-6, KV-3 and a lowe. By the time they finished the ferd off, they were all left with 10~20% hp, one single shot could've finished any of them off. Like Max, it removes a lot of the mystery around what I "should be doing". Three yellow players vs three yellow? Yeah probably won't have to support them. Three reds vs 1 green? Better hurry back to ensure those idiots don't give the guy on the other team a top gun.

Last edited:

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005

Yep, they only put it in after people complained. They say it self reports back to them but I don't think it does. If it does they most likely ignore it. Think of it like a speed limit sign. Its there just to keep the honest people honest but has no police to back it up.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
They say it self reports back to them but I don't think it does. If it does they most likely ignore it.

Like I said, I asked them if they look at replays sent or do anything in addition to the automated system, and they said 'no, the automated system is the only action'.

Funny thing is when I asked the same thing before, they said 'oh, the tickets are still worth doing, they get looked at'.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
tickets for player infractions don't get looked at at all. They've completely disregarded everything associated with it since the automated system kicked in. So just use the ingame thing to report them and move on, chances are you won't really see him in another game anyways.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
tickets for player infractions don't get looked at at all. They've completely disregarded everything associated with it since the automated system kicked in. So just use the ingame thing to report them and move on, chances are you won't really see him in another game anyways.

The ingame thing seems to have no effect as well - only the automated system does. In the case at hand, this was someone who had already been placed on my ignore list.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I've reported quite a few players before for team kills and being AFK. I think the only effect is has, is that it gives you some sort of satisfaction. Eventhough I dont think WG ever does anything with the reports, unless maybe the reports reach a certain threshold.

As for turning blue, it seems that will only happen if you kill multiple friendlies. I dont think it ever happens due to repeated damage. I did happen to turn blue on one of my games though, when I got 2 accidental team kills within 5 games on my batchat. The first was an accidental hit while snipping long distance with 2 tanks face hugging eachother, one of my shots strayed, oops. The other game I was trying to save my object TD from an amx and he turned right infront of me as I was taking my shot, oops again, now I was blue. At least we won both those games, and my teammates didn't shoot me up when I was blue. I apologized both times at least.

I got in alot of good games friday and saturday and ended up with a 65%+ win rate. However Sunday was a whole nother story. I platooned with my brother in the morning (hes a good player) and we just couldn't win games to save our lives. Every match XVM had our odds in the 20-30s range. Seems like all the idiots were always on my team. Ended the morning with around a 42% win rate, I did get in some games that afternoon and was able to pull that up to 53% by the end of the day, but thats still not where I want my win % at.

I think half the problem was that I couldn't get my double on my E-50. The fact that I dont have it upgraded means its like a tier 7/8 in a 9 slot. The hull has decent armor, but without the upgraded turret, the turret armor is laughable. Not to mention the gun is the same gun my tier 7 TD has (and the TD reloads faster), 203 pen and 240 damage with like a 6.5 sec reload. It just doesn't cut it in tier 9/10 games. I would have to spend around 100k free xp (which I dont have atm) to get the tracks/turret/gun to make this tank worth driving. Unless the tier X variant is worth a damn in 7.5, my E50 days might be numbered.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Its very helpful though... lets you avoid trying to help a hopeless cause like some 700 efficiency rating IS7 whos wandered out into the artillery range. He could be a tactical genius trying a bold flanking strat and could use your support or a dumb high tier noob meaning its a death trap to follow/help, XVM removes all doubt and lets you focus on helping teammates that matter and can be counted on.

Its fantastic, the whole "omfg i cant believe we lost FUUUUU" has disappeared for me now, replaced by an "oh well i didn't expect to win anyways, no biggie". Its still wrong from time to time though, had a few 70-80% chance to win teams get absolutely destroyed :(

It is amazing how the mod is able to predict wins with such a high rate of accuracy. Almost like it knows the MM algorithm. There were very few surprises with that mod. It also was depressing seeing your chance to win rolled 30% and this match was going to suck.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Fuck some people are daft.

Prokhorovka
On the assulting side.

It's really simple...you roll over in MASS at A6...with 2 tanks making diversion at the other 2 ramps...and GET OFF the fracking ramp...don't stop on ramp and shot...like a sitting duck.

What do people do...camp behind the ramp...roll over one after the other...with 10-15 sec delay...and some try to do the same to the south... just 2 tanks...damn people have very little tatical mindset in this game...and the worst part...even when they fucked up the plan up like there was no tommorow...we lost...barely...with 2 enemy tanks left.

It's like lemmings...over to the corner/hill...and then PAB...on auto pilot...no adapting.
Hell you even see 4(!!!) tank doing a PAB dance with 1 tank...instead of just pushing and flanking...4 guns shot faster than 1...but it's like people go mindnumb..and wait their turn in the que to shot...LOL

Yup this is a bad map for assault imo. The defenders have a huge advantage. The last time this one rolled up in my E50. I got sick of waiting for the idiots on my team to do anything other than get pot shotted from the hill. I flew over the top of the tracks, shot a Tiger II that sent him to heaven, rammed an IS8 that sent him to heaven, then killed a batchat in the matter of 20 seconds. We still lost because by that time a lot of the team melted away. But at least I got some of my frustrations out on those 3.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Yup this is a bad map for assault imo. The defenders have a huge advantage. The last time this one rolled up in my E50. I got sick of waiting for the idiots on my team to do anything other than get pot shotted from the hill. I flew over the top of the tracks, shot a Tiger II that sent him to heaven, rammed an IS8 that sent him to heaven, then killed a batchat in the matter of 20 seconds. We still lost because by that time a lot of the team melted away. But at least I got some of my frustrations out on those 3.

I think the only assault map that I don't mind playing on is the one on the sand map (can never remember map names) as its more of an even fight either way. The Prov assault (one with railroad tracks) is essentially won or lost with arty. If you are assaulting and you have less than 2 arty, you are essentially fucked. As getting your entire team to roll over at one time is near impossible. As for defending, its advisable to NOT stay on the hill, as its the only place you can be spotted and hit from. Its only a safe place to be if you have full camo and a camo net, as you can then shoot from there and not be spotted.

As for the campinova assault, playing either side blows. The magical forests seem to hide even lumbering E100s from view. This map is won or lost by arty and scouts, as a good scout can light targets long enough for all the tanks hidden in the woods to annihilate them. If a good defending scout can get to the assaulting arty, then the game is essentially won.

The prov and camp assaults maps definately reward players for having full camo and a net.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
From what I have seen a person's tank turns blue once they have TK a second person on the team. Once is not enough. Guessing the act of killing one can be considered a accident but the second a clear indication of not a accident. People are starting to catch on the reporting system does nothing and taking matters into their own hands.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Nope. I almost never TK, and one game on my E8 there was an AFK tiger P that the other team was using for cover. I shot at the guy, hit the tiger P and killed him and I turned blue immediately.

The TK system is pretty much bullshit but WG will never fix it.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Nope. I almost never TK, and one game on my E8 there was an AFK tiger P that the other team was using for cover. I shot at the guy, hit the tiger P and killed him and I turned blue immediately.

The TK system is pretty much bullshit but WG will never fix it.

I do believe that if you kill a teammate within the first minute, or within a certain radius of your flag, all it takes is that one kill to turn blue, otherwise it seems like it takes at least 2 kills within a certain period to turn blue.

I've never purposely TKed someone. Its always accidental. I would have to say a fair share of my TKs are from accidental arty splash damage. Although with the 261 that rarely happens now. The other time I accidently TK is when I'm zoomed in and someone rolls infront right as I shoot.

I personally think the penalties for TKs and team damage isn't enough. They could easily multiply the compensation for damage by 5 and I'de be ok with it. That and use like a 20x multiplier if they kill you. They also need to make it so that compenstation is taken from your bank or from your next battles. Also each additional TK within a certain amount of time doubles the multiplier. You get maybe 1 "free" TK every two weeks to cover accidents, after that, if you hit 5 in one month you are banned for a week. With increasing ban terms if you are a repeat offender.

Also any game you are TKed in, should not count towards your stats, and no compenstation will be given if you damage or TK a platoon or clan member (to keep it from being used as a way to transfer credits).

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
having a blast in these fast tanks. 30k more xp until I can get a t-50-2 so I can enjoy it for one patch.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
20 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw. Feels good! Go patton go!

You must have been on the opposite teams as me the last few days. I can average 2500 efficiency and ~3-4k+ damage in my tier 9/10s, and I've still only eaked out around a 47% win rate the last 2 days. Completely pathetic teams.

That and my ping started going crazy yesterday, and the game became unplayable due to tanks jumping around everywhere. I wish I had a beta key to MWO at this point so I could check that out.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Heh I would take a 47% win rate in the last two days. Monday night I went 2-8. My pershing went 0-8 lol. Last night I actually managed to go 5-2. This last month the few times I have played has been laughably bad when it comes to teams. Stats in the tanks appear to be ok but my win % is tanking fast :(

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
The only reason it sorta pisses me off, is b/c I got my win rate from 53.6 to 54.35 last friday/saturday (had some great platoons). So I'm close to being rounded up to 55%. However the last few days I've been slowly wittelling that back down.

I've also come to a realization that getting a win on my mostly stock E-50 is impossible, so I'll most likely never get the tier 10 version.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Patch is hitting tomorrow apparently. Hope you gents have enough negatives to hand out to whiners on the forums! :D

edit:

Stock E-50 is painful. Use some free exp, it'll make it actually worth playing. Fully upgraded the E-50 is beastly. I can upload one or 2 of my replays later, but they're not great games... just average.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The only reason it sorta pisses me off, is b/c I got my win rate from 53.6 to 54.35 last friday/saturday (had some great platoons). So I'm close to being rounded up to 55%. However the last few days I've been slowly wittelling that back down.

I've also come to a realization that getting a win on my mostly stock E-50 is impossible, so I'll most likely never get the tier 10 version.

Heh I had a fully loaded E50 out of the gate and cant get teams to not melt away. Though the last two nights I have been able to get my daily double in single games. The tank is 2-0 and inched up to a 48% win rate! Love the tank, but somehow manages to attract terribad teams.