[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 273 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I don't run a premium anymore but that's what I'd get as well. I usually run about 60+k profit after ammo and consumables, on a good game I'll get 100k+. Without premium its about 40k profit normally.

mclee025

Apr 9, 2012
Found this preview info on another forum that may be useful for you WOT warriors:

HEAVY METAL WEEKEND

Quote:
Starting at 04:30 PDT (11:30 UTC) on August 3, 2012 and lasting until 04:00 PDT on August 5, 2012 (11:00 UTC) the following bonuses will be active.

50% discount on the following Premium tank:
T14

Credit income bonus: 2x
T29
AMX M4 (1945)

Discount on all equipment: 50%

Discount on crew skills reset: 50%

Premium Account Discount:
3 days for 300 gold
7 days for 600 gold

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
If you were looking for an excuse to quit this and find a new game, I'd say 7.5 is it. MM does seem to be a ton better for t7 and below, but t8s are a fucking joke now that there are so many TDs that shoot for 1k/hit (and at such accuracy). I don't have a t9 so I can't say much on that, but I doubt things are a lot better for them. On top of that arty is pretty much pointless now that TDs can do so much damage. Arty haters may rejoice but the only difference is now it's TDs that will randomly rape you with a 1k+ cactus.

I'm sure that in a week the server won't be so flooded with so many damn t10 win buttons, and in the next patch they might even nerf them down to something sane, but I am getting really tired of every major patch totally fucking over any prior semblance of balance that had been established.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
When I hit a cash-influx problem (or face a long grid for credits), I fire up my Löwe...that thing just spits out credits...I easy make +40K...on a loss...+100K on a good match o_O

Yep, I was playing for about 3 hours this afternoon in my Lowe. I wanted to get another 3 million creds in my bank before buying the T110E4. It was a good session. The MM was pretty decent but I only played in my Lowe so not fully sure the improvement is overall good. Need to play some other tanks before giving final judgement. Anyway my last fight was just sweet. Took on a T54, T59, and IS3 and kicked their asses because they 1) came after me one at a time in a city, 2) Thought I was a unskilled wallet warrior and easy meat and 3) they played rather stupid to begin with. When I killed the T59 who came after me last I was typing, 'Eat That!' in chat. People were laughing. I was pretty low on HP after all that but it was a great feeling. I'm really liking that Clutch Breaking skill/perk. Makes swinging around a bit faster. Helps when brawling.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
If you were looking for an excuse to quit this and find a new game, I'd say 7.5 is it. MM does seem to be a ton better for t7 and below, but t8s are a fucking joke now that there are so many TDs that shoot for 1k/hit (and at such accuracy). I don't have a t9 so I can't say much on that, but I doubt things are a lot better for them. On top of that arty is pretty much pointless now that TDs can do so much damage. Arty haters may rejoice but the only difference is now it's TDs that will randomly rape you with a 1k+ cactus.

I'm sure that in a week the server won't be so flooded with so many damn t10 win buttons, and in the next patch they might even nerf them down to something sane, but I am getting really tired of every major patch totally fucking over any prior semblance of balance that had been established.

I have to agree, heavies are just useless now. The fact that some of the new tier 10s have more HP than an IS-7 is just silly to me. That and the TDs do so much damage with crazy pen, no point in playing a heavy really. Now its world of TDs and arty. I just dont' really have it in me to grind out a retarded amount of xp to get one of the TDs or other tier 10 mediums.

I think I might end up jumping ship to try out mechwarrior online. My premiums up in 7 days anyway.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
FYI, it's common in MMO's to keep the carrots moving, so players get excited about the new great thing and keep playing and 'leveling' for it.

As for 'world of arty', hardly. Sitting, easy to kill barely able to move, with over 30 second reload just to miss over and over between accuracy, moving targets; and cover...

Instead of racing around in fun combat, counter-battery is staring intently at a static screen for minutes where you can't blink or you'll miss a tracer, then miss anyway.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
That arty is OP can only be FUD from people that never played arty themselfes...I play arty myself...it is hard. And in my VK2801 I know how much havock I can cause, when I get close to enemy arty with 105mm HE...arty is fine...it requires skill to be good at...often more than tanks requires.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Arty is fun to play for me mostly because its so damn easy. Point and click and watch the huge numbers or the other tank popping open in 1 shot. I easily one shot ferds, ISUs, any tier 8 with their sides pointed to me is subject to blowing up, or taking 600 damage minimum. Same with E-50s because its easy to pen them. On top of module damages to the other tanks, it's pretty much ez-mode all the way through. On the odd occasion there will be a miss that does no damage, but most of my misses do at the minimum 400 damage.

Only thing arty depends on your team not folding in 1 side or letting a scout through, but none of your skills actually matter in that sense. Arty is pretty easy to master and driving a medium or light is infinitely harder.

Low tier arties are hard. High tiers are lolez. The best games I have are games without any arty at all, the tank duels can actually be fun and intense without worrying about getting 1 shotted.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I like the MM changes. Even in my E50 I am not seeing a whole lot of the new TDs or mediums yet. The pen for no damage thing is still there. I shot a T-50-2 with my E50 twice in a row. Penned, no damage. Lucky little turd.

I said the game would be turned on its ear with this patch. The new mediums and TDs will make heavies life a hell.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Started to play in my Lowe but then remembered I have a M4 1945 tank so got it out instead since it is 2x credits per fight and needs to be grinded up to the next tank. Hadn't played it in a while since I don't like it. I have to say though that with the 2x credit and the new MM I had a nice afternoon. First time I ever really liked this tank. One fight I got 70k credit and only had one kill. I hit a whole bunch of tanks though a whole bunch of times in that match. Once the 2x credit is over I'll probably go back to hating the tank again. It still sucks basically. LOL

Edit: Also I havent experienced any game crashes since patch so hopefully that is behind me now.

Last edited:

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I totally made a mistake getting the JgPzE100. It feels nerfed from beta, I was bouncing tons of stuff and now I bounce nothing and am total arty bait. It's a slow pig.

I am now grinding out my T30 some to get the 110E4. I am so much better with turreted TDs now that I should have known. Even me and my bro platooning E100s isn't all that fun. We have tons more fun with our T30s.

Damn. Well not selling the E100 but sold other tanks I don't play anymore to get the credits for the 110E4.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
new tier X TD's ? was there a new patch? lol been so busy with diablo 3
last time i played was when the is-4 moved to tier X

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
how are you guys recording gameplays?

Man, I'm on fire with my T-50. 0 kills but fucking up the other side so bad.

20k XP until T-50-2!

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I said fuck it and used gold to convert some XP and bought a 100% crew for the T-50-2. I now have 8gold and 4000 credits left lol

Last edited:

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I'm liking the T110E4 a ton more than that pig E100. Now, I have to take a break though since it's world of Arty today, 6 big boy arties on each side on a desert map just now. To hell with that crap.