[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 270 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh shit, I'm finally going to have a Patton. Stupid E50 is just slightly out of reach.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I wish I had enough for a patton. JUST got my pershing, it doesn't even have the freaking tracks.

... it does have the good 90mm though. :)

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Ok now that I looked at the special I'm not that mad. The batchat isn't on the list and it's not 50% off. It's tier 9s at tier 8 prices. So I only lost out on about 1M credits getting my e50.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I wonder why they're selling the lorraine instead of the batchat. I know its getting a bump to tier 9 next patch but its still a tier 8 right now.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
CRAP now I have to buy my lorraine. Do I use free for the patton (about 80k free) or keep it for my stug E (110k free total)?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I wonder why they're selling the lorraine instead of the batchat. I know its getting a bump to tier 9 next patch but its still a tier 8 right now.

Probably because it will be the Tier9 after the patch like the other T9s. Can you imagine the uproar if people were able to buy a batchat for less than 2 million and next week it goes T10 and costs 6 million? Talk about a steal lol

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Probably because it will be the Tier9 after the patch like the other T9s. Can you imagine the uproar if people were able to buy a batchat for less than 2 million and next week it goes T10 and costs 6 million? Talk about a steal lol

.... whats wrong with that? :(

>_> <_<

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
It's not quite 'tier 9 50% off' so here's the list:

Following Tier 9 Tank Destroyers will cost as current Tier 8 TD's during the special:
Tier IX Object 704 (cost during special - 2 520 000)
Tier IX Jagdtiger (cost during special - 2 570 000)
Tier IX T30 (cost during special - 2 650 000)
Tier IX &#1058;95 (cost during special - 2 580 000)
Tier IX AMX 50 Foch (cost during special - 2 570 000)

Medium:
&#1057;&#1058; IX &#1058;-54 (cost during special - 2 085 000)
&#1057;&#1058; IX &#1045;-50 (cost during special - 1 991 000)
&#1057;&#1058; IX M46 Patton (cost during special - 2 003 000)
&#1057;&#1058; VIII Lorraine 40t (cost during special - 1 345 000)

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's not quite 'tier 9 50% off' so here's the list:
I just looked a the Patton, and it looks like a 33% off sale. The others should be similar.

2,980,000 normal price
2,103,000 sale price

Actual discount = 30%

Edit: changed sale price - website is wrong (2.1m not 2.0m)

Last edited:

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
No. Players' game data should not be public.

Its very helpful though... lets you avoid trying to help a hopeless cause like some 700 efficiency rating IS7 whos wandered out into the artillery range. He could be a tactical genius trying a bold flanking strat and could use your support or a dumb high tier noob meaning its a death trap to follow/help, XVM removes all doubt and lets you focus on helping teammates that matter and can be counted on.

Its fantastic, the whole "omfg i cant believe we lost FUUUUU" has disappeared for me now, replaced by an "oh well i didn't expect to win anyways, no biggie". Its still wrong from time to time though, had a few 70-80% chance to win teams get absolutely destroyed :(

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Its very helpful though... lets you avoid trying to help a hopeless cause like some 700 efficiency rating IS7 whos wandered out into the artillery range. He could be a tactical genius trying a bold flanking strat and could use your support or a dumb high tier noob meaning its a death trap to follow/help, XVM removes all doubt and lets you focus on helping teammates that matter and can be counted on.

Its fantastic, the whole "omfg i cant believe we lost FUUUUU" has disappeared for me now, replaced by an "oh well i didn't expect to win anyways, no biggie". Its still wrong from time to time though, had a few 70-80% chance to win teams get absolutely destroyed :(

Overconfidence gets you killed ;)

Just got the Ferdi today, had been putting it out untill I was done with gridning the VK4250P (need 60K XP to unlock Maus) and the GWPanther (Need 120K XP on that to unlock GWtiger)...but thought "Why not"?

Surprised over the rate of fire...<7 secs between shots, still need to unock the final gun...but it look like it will be fun :D

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Fuck I hate the crappy ingame physics...tanks stop from 71km/h to 0 km/h...in the most retarded places...I cannot wait for the physics patch...I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really...DISLIKE the crappy ingame physics in WoT!!!

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Fuck some people are daft.

Prokhorovka
On the assulting side.

It's really simple...you roll over in MASS at A6...with 2 tanks making diversion at the other 2 ramps...and GET OFF the fracking ramp...don't stop on ramp and shot...like a sitting duck.

What do people do...camp behind the ramp...roll over one after the other...with 10-15 sec delay...and some try to do the same to the south... just 2 tanks...damn people have very little tatical mindset in this game...and the worst part...even when they fucked up the plan up like there was no tommorow...we lost...barely...with 2 enemy tanks left.

It's like lemmings...over to the corner/hill...and then PAB...on auto pilot...no adapting.
Hell you even see 4(!!!) tank doing a PAB dance with 1 tank...instead of just pushing and flanking...4 guns shot faster than 1...but it's like people go mindnumb..and wait their turn in the que to shot...LOL

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Anyone else use XVM mod?

Yep, love it. Tells me who I can count on and who I might not be able to. Certain people can surprise you as a great player dies in 1 minute or a horrible player steps up to the plate and knocks it out of the park. On the whole though, it is very useful. The win ratio for the match I don't care about.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Overconfidence gets you killed ;)

Just got the Ferdi today, had been putting it out untill I was done with gridning the VK4250P (need 60K XP to unlock Maus) and the GWPanther (Need 120K XP on that to unlock GWtiger)...but thought "Why not"?

Surprised over the rate of fire...<7 secs between shots, still need to unock the final gun...but it look like it will be fun :D

Your faith in your friends is yours!

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Your faith in your friends is yours!

badass-emperor.jpg

Oh I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

Sorry, I had to.

And yes, I also use XVM + jimbos + camera mod

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Yes, that's what I'm saying is that World of Tanks should not make that info public.

What's funny is, they refuse to publicize 'team killer' status, saying 'that's private'.

I got quiet a few team kills.
You shot at me...I kill you.
Even if you are a T-50 dinging my VK4205P...shot me and I will kill you.

If you rush for the nearest bush at base...and then go AFK as scout...I'll do a warning (scout or die), then a 10 sec countdown...and boom..if I get to do it...some people agree so much the fire before my countdown ends.

LAst TK I did was on Siegfried Line, I was hugging a bunker up from north, some T-54 pushed 1 bunker to far, I knocked out 3 tanks that were trying to kill him but he ended up wit 54 HP left.
An IS-3 was hiding at the next bunker, a Tiger II was in the city overlooking us...and a T95 was hiding way back.

He gets mad, want's me to advance...I say relax...let them make a mistake...he gets more mad...calling me "n00b" and stuff...after 1 minuttes of verbal Abuse, I roll out and BOOM...he is gone.

I take out the Tiger II 30 sec later, se the T95 roll towards the city...and get the IS-3 tracked so arty slams him...won't lose sleep over that TK...some teams just get better after a kill (Enemy or friendly dosn't matter)...scary, but true.

The really should have a voting system...10 members of your team vote you out, your tank explodes and you get no credit or XP....but have to payfull repair.

That would stop some of the games where 3-4 people just go AFK...and cost you the win.

Never got banned though...even some people scream up about reporting me

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
It seems that reporting team killing does nothing. I had a ticket on it, and asked them, do they even look at replays sent in on team kills? They said no, the only action is from the automated system, they don't do anything else and don't even look at replays sent in. That would seem to cover in-game reporting of tk's too, so it seems pointless to have that reporting as a game feature.