Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
I think he was assualter or heavy gunner. I guess it makes sense if he was scanning back and forth through the smoke. Thats some cheap ass shit. lol Whats the point of smoke if your name is gonna show!

I'm also thinking they should remove the red outline after you kill someone. Dont get me wrong, I use it to my advantage, but its a mechanic that shouldn't be in the game. Now instead of reloading after killing someone I switch to the shotty for a couple of secs when I move position. They also really need to let you switch fireteams. When you dont have a team mate, you are at such a disadvantage, especially when decent players move in twos.

Yea, definitely agree with the fireteam thing. Though, I think you can still heal and reload from other people. Just not get points.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Has anyone tried starting a party from the in game menu? Im curious to know if it works, Ive invited a few people that way but no one ever joined. Not sure if they were just online but not playing at the time or if they were just ignoring me. LOL

My battlelog is finally working again, was able to join servers and accept the ATOT platoon invite this morning. YAY!

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
Has anyone tried starting a party from the in game menu? Im curious to know if it works, Ive invited a few people that way but no one ever joined. Not sure if they were just online but not playing at the time or if they were just ignoring me. LOL

My battlelog is finally working again, was able to join servers and accept the ATOT platoon invite this morning. YAY!

I think it is because the ingame system shows all friends by default. If you filter by MoH online friends it should cut down the number. I am not too sure friends outside of MoH can join in directly.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
hey I'm a GUI guy and it is all there.. no more fucking with BL back and forth.. everything is right there 1 button click away.

you are stuck in old school programming ideals :awe:

I love how modular BF3 is, no reason to fire up a resource hog game till I need to use it

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
90/100 for BLOPSII

Mitchy seemed sort of angry writing that, especially since several of his comments were either completely off base or laughable considering how the same mechanics would be lauded for another title...

MP still sucks though, and I find it amusing that Mitchy spent almost no space on that portion. Blah.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Why does this game look so much like crap? I can't figure it out. It just looks awful. Nothing like BF3 in the slightest.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Something must be wrong with your set up, maybe the video drivers or something. My game has neither a green nor brown tint. It looks really good, crisp bright colors with no jaggies at all. Im running everything on ultra at 1920x1200.

Ill admit the Novi Grad Warzone TDM map is ugly, it has a brownish orange tint to it from all of the fire in and around the building. But playing the larger games (sector control, combat mission) on that map look really good when you can get away from that building.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
I have too large of a backlog to worry about missing out on this game.

This will be a sale type, year from now purchase for me.

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
I bought this game because I loved the 2010's single-player campaign.

I'm about 7 hours into this new games SP campaign and so far I'm enjoying it.
My memory may not be the best, but it seems like there are more cut-scenes doling out the story with this new one.

The graphics looks freaking awesome IMO - in particular the characters and their textures. The fabric on the clothing have a real texture (no pun) to them. The faces ( and facial animation ) look great. The environments go anywhere from real nice to meh.

Maybe this is just a more "my speed" type of game, but the pacing seems good, the AI seem OK and I'm enjoying the variety of foot, copter, boat and race driving the game offers.

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
I bought MOH:W because Origin had the 50% off coupon for a digital download if you were a BF3 Premium purchaser. Got if for $29.99.

I find it to be fun, but quite 'cartoonish', not even close to the realism level of BF3, with graphics much like MW2... BF3 to me is the 'state-of-the-art' non-technical FPS out there.

Question for those of you with MOHW... Some opponents in MP have some type of red armor/shielding it seems... How do you get that perk? I'm at SFC level 5 and still don't see it available for me...

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I bought MOH:W because Origin had the 50% off coupon for a digital download if you were a BF3 Premium purchaser. Got if for $29.99.

I find it to be fun, but quite 'cartoonish', not even close to the realism level of BF3, with graphics much like MW2... BF3 to me is the 'state-of-the-art' non-technical FPS out there.

Question for those of you with MOHW... Some opponents in MP have some type of red armor/shielding it seems... How do you get that perk? I'm at SFC level 5 and still don't see it available for me...

Its not armor, just highlighting the person who shot you. If you are alive, it means that person killed your fireteam companion.

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
Childs...

Thanks. And very nice K/D in BF3... mine is about 1.5 I believe...

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
why are the reviews so low again? It's far better than CoD single player.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Gee DeadFred, you sound like a corporate welfare butt-boy to me! How do you like those generalizations...
They dont bother me at all since they are obviously coming from a dirty, filthy, wall street occupying hippy.

I dont know who you are but it was nice of you to take the time to make a comment on a discussion that was going on between myself and a some friends. :rolleyes:

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
They dont bother me at all since they are obviously coming from a dirty, filthy, wall street occupying hippy.
I dont know who you are but it was nice of you to take the time to make a comment on a discussion that was going on between myself and a some friends. :rolleyes:

You're funny!

Gee, I didn't realize this website was yours. This is a forum about PC gaming, and not for making political comments.

Get back to McDonald's, your shift started 20 minutes ago.