Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
You're funny!

Gee, I didn't realize this website was yours. This is a forum about PC gaming, and not for making political comments.

Get back to McDonald's, your shift started 20 minutes ago.
If you had any reading comprehension skills you would have realized my comment (the one that got your panties in a twist to begin with) was directed at a biased european game reviewer and not towards anyone here. You are an obvious ass, trying to make something out of nothing.

Back on topic........

Anyone else think the hit detection/registration is wonky in this game? Sometimes I can pour a magazine into someone and they will simply turn around and kill me in a couple of shots, then at other times I do the same to them.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Another annoyance Ive noticed when shooting around rocks, railings, etc., they seem to have "invisible walls" that you cant shoot through even though your line of sight is clearly unobstructed.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Another annoyance Ive noticed when shooting around rocks, railings, etc., they seem to have "invisible walls" that you cant shoot through even though your line of sight is clearly unobstructed.

I get a lot of that in BF3 as well. Especially when the enemy is popping out from the top of a rock formation and I'm at the base looking up. It doesn't happen often enough to warrant annoyance but I really hope that it's something they'll address in BF4.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I get a lot of that in BF3 as well. Especially when the enemy is popping out from the top of a rock formation and I'm at the base looking up. It doesn't happen often enough to warrant annoyance but I really hope that it's something they'll address in BF4.
Yeah Ive seen it in BF3 also but in MOH its much more prevalent with the "invisible walls" being higher. You can be be standing near and easily looking over a rock and your bullets will spark and bounce back in your face when you shoot. o_O

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Turn terrain detail up to ultra. A lot of the time that invisible geometry you're hitting will show up on ultra.

Played some more SP today. There's more mediocre driving segments in this game than actual FPS...

It's kind of getting annoying. Also, chase sequences every level is getting extremely old too.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Small update.

This game is actually great. Other than the horrible UI and bugs that happen at times.

Now that I'm unlocking things and figuring out how the maps/spawns work I'm enjoying this game a ton. TDM is stupid because the spawns are so awful, but if you stick to combat mission this game has a lot to offer. Especially if you have a competent squad mate.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Small update.

This game is actually great. Other than the horrible UI and bugs that happen at times.

Now that I'm unlocking things and figuring out how the maps/spawns work I'm enjoying this game a ton. TDM is stupid because the spawns are so awful, but if you stick to combat mission this game has a lot to offer. Especially if you have a competent squad mate.
I agree, I also like playing sector control.

The biggest thing they need to fix is the fireteam system. It sucks to either be stuck alone or with an incompetent fireteam buddy. We need a way to either leave or kick people from fireteams.

Lots of times when Im stuck alone I can see others also playing alone on my team. This game is so reliant on the fireteam system and yet fails to pair people up. o_O

Edit: For example;

I played 5 rounds just now and 45% of the time I had no team mate, the other 55% I may as well have had no team mate.

Last edited:

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007

The biggest thing they need to fix is the fireteam system. It sucks to either be stuck alone or with an incompetent fireteam buddy. We need a way to either leave or kick people from fireteams.

Lots of times when Im stuck alone I can see others also playing alone on my team. This game is so reliant on the fireteam system and yet fails to pair people up. o_O

I played 5 rounds just now and 45% of the time I had no team mate, the other 55% I may as well have had no team mate.

Sigh, I really wish there was a way to kick a fireteam member and manually join a fireteam. I also rarely see you on :(

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
There also seems to be only two types of rifle ammunition: "weak" and "strong", "strong" found only in the PKP and the sniper rifle. I've only played SP so far, but what annoys me is how it takes 3-4 chest shots with "weak" ammo to take down an unarmored enemy.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
There also seems to be only two types of rifle ammunition: "weak" and "strong", "strong" found only in the PKP and the sniper rifle. I've only played SP so far, but what annoys me is how it takes 3-4 chest shots with "weak" ammo to take down an unarmored enemy.

Yea, hopefully one of the BF3 weapon stats sites will get a database going. It would be nice to know exactly how each type differs.

Also, people play this game too much or used some sort of cheats. I have come across a full team of 100 rank people.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Sigh, I really wish there was a way to kick a fireteam member and manually join a fireteam. I also rarely see you on :(
Yeah, my playing schedule has been a little off lately.

BTW, sometimes I can see you in battlelog but you arent showing up on Origin. And yesterday I couldnt reply to your messages in battlelog because it said you were offline even though you were still messaging me at the time. :confused:

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
I had a really strange bug last night where I joined a server, couldn't pick any classes or weapons other than snipers, and my weapon was invisible so I couldn't aim.

That was strange. Joined another server and everything was fine. Sniping is so satisfying in this game. Which explains why every time I die it's a 1 hit kill from a TAC-50.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
Yeah, my playing schedule has been a little off lately.

BTW, sometimes I can see you in battlelog but you arent showing up on Origin. And yesterday I couldnt reply to your messages in battlelog because it said you were offline even though you were still messaging me at the time. :confused:

Yea, I leave my Battlelog open, but I had to change to a different Origin account for testing. Maybe I'll start closing it down completely as it causes more issues keeping it on.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
I had a really strange bug last night where I joined a server, couldn't pick any classes or weapons other than snipers, and my weapon was invisible so I couldn't aim.

That was strange. Joined another server and everything was fine. Sniping is so satisfying in this game. Which explains why every time I die it's a 1 hit kill from a TAC-50.

The TAC 50 is the only weapon in the game that can 1 shot the head, 95 for the body. The down side is that the sniper moves as fast as a demo and the sway is insane. Unfortunately, I encountered a cheater that was using it to one shot people on the run.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I got teamed up with a guy a few days ago who was going something like 45-5 every round while running with what looked like a silenced bolt sniper. He was one shotting everyone. I got to watch him as I was waiting to spawn on him, he had quite the "skillz" going on there. ;) :rolleyes:

We were the top fireteam every round until I got switched to the opposite team. Thats when I decided to quit and call it a night. LOL

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
The TAC 50 is the only weapon in the game that can 1 shot the head, 95 for the body. The down side is that the sniper moves as fast as a demo and the sway is insane. Unfortunately, I encountered a cheater that was using it to one shot people on the run.

The TAC-300 is the only sniper I have and it's a 1 hit kill to the head. Does 90 to the body.

TAC 50 is instakill no matter where you hit. Unless whoever's using them is only getting headshots on me, which I highly doubt.

realjetavenger

Dec 8, 2008

I haven't picked this up yet (and still may not). But this is one area that is making me hesitant to do so. Not because I am worried about getting stuck with a bad fireteam mate but because I'd feel bad for him getting stuck with me :thumbsdown:

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I haven't picked this up yet (and still may not). But this is one area that is making me hesitant to do so. Not because I am worried about getting stuck with a bad fireteam mate but because I'd feel bad for him getting stuck with me :thumbsdown:
LOL

You dont have to be a great player with an outlandish KDR to be a good fireteam mate. The main thing is to stick with your buddy so you can resupply and heal each other and provide fire support. If one of you go down the other has the chance to avenge his mates death and bring him back into the fight instantly. The game makes it really easy to keep up with each other.

Bad fireteam mates are the ones who want to camp at the back of the map where nothing is happening or refuse to spawn and stick with you.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
PC gamer gave this game a 35 out of 100...

That's laughable. It just shows that they basically hate EA, and don't care about the game. If this game got a 35 then BLOPS2 better get like a 40-50.

This is one of the more fun multiplayer games I've bought in a while, and while it has it's problems 35 out of 100 is ridiculously low. I'd give the single player about a 60-100 and the multiplayer around 85-100.

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
I never finished BF3 SP campaign.
I never finished Black Ops ( I had finished all the prior CoD's).

I wouldn't say the new MoH SP is great - but it was fun.
Like.. $40 fun.