Guddu2k17

Dec 18, 2017
Hi, I was thinking to get Lastpass but I saw that Lastpass' database has been hacked many times in the past so that's a big NO for me. What should I get that is very secure and provides good privacy?

Also, is Bit Defender Total Security 2018 good nowadays? Looking to get a subscription. Currently, I have the trial of Bit Defender Total Security along with the paid subscription of Malwarebytes premium. Of course, I don't open shady and spammy sites coz Malwarebytes don't let me to. So, am I fully secure? If not, then how to completely secure my system?

Thanks in advance! :)

Skunk-Works

Jun 29, 2016
I would use Keepass, and there is an App for smartphones. They don't store passwords in the Cloud.

Far as Bitdefender, all you need is Bitdefender Free.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Hi, I was thinking to get Lastpass but I saw that Lastpass' database has been hacked many times in the past so that's a big NO for me. What should I get that is very secure and provides good privacy?

A password book?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Use a password manager that is self hosted (at home). Heck even a pad and paper is going to be more secure than one that is hosted on the internet. These things get hacked all the time.

I could not find a php web based one so I wrote my own. I need to make it better though but given there is not much out there I may GPL it some day.

The nice thing about something web based is that you can access it from any machine/program on your network. Before I used to use a Windows program called PINs, which works decent too, but when I switched to Linux I went the web based route.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002

Also, is Bit Defender Total Security 2018 good nowadays? Looking to get a subscription. Currently, I have the trial of Bit Defender Total Security along with the paid subscription of Malwarebytes premium. Of course, I don't open shady and spammy sites coz Malwarebytes don't let me to. So, am I fully secure? If not, then how to completely secure my system?

Thanks in advance! :)
Completely secure in what way? From external threats? From internal threats?

You said you don't open shady and spammy sites, since Malwarebytes stops you?
Does that mean you are in a habit of running shady programs and going to spammy sites?

The best thing you can do is have good backups, patch the OS you are using regularly, and forget paying for crapware AV programs.