Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2750 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
S0MvJhP.jpg

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
The ice pileup vid, I was in the middle of a ~10 car and semi truck one at the top of Snoqualmie pass. The empty 53' flatbed truck jackknifed just as we crested the top here.
westbound I-90
The truck closed all 4 lanes at that point, in a relative instant. I was far enough behind the next cars to keep control, but people behind and in front were colliding. I kept control and kept steering into the available spaces, and watched cars crashing behind me. We never touched another car by pure luck and me keeping the tires turning.
When it settled out we were about 5 cars back of the truck, and there was just enough room, ~7', to squeeze by the truck trailer. It took a half hour to get away. Took a half hour for the adrenaline to get out too :D

• Wow
Reactions: Captante and KMFJD

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

That's hilarious, I had to go find it. Listening to this kid lose his shit in French then get so mad he starts tossin German haha. Love the shirt. Guy must be completely fucked. The self-incriminating documentation should prove fun for the police, no? Orbeez are now a legit terrorist tool, how about that. Hope it was worth it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Avalon

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
The ice pileup vid, I was in the middle of a ~10 car and semi truck one at the top of Snoqualmie pass. The empty 53' flatbed truck jackknifed just as we crested the top here.
westbound I-90
The truck closed all 4 lanes at that point, in a relative instant. I was far enough behind the next cars to keep control, but people behind and in front were colliding. I kept control and kept steering into the available spaces, and watched cars crashing behind me. We never touched another car by pure luck and me keeping the tires turning.
When it settled out we were about 5 cars back of the truck, and there was just enough room, ~7', to squeeze by the truck trailer. It took a half hour to get away. Took a half hour for the adrenaline to get out too :D

Here's another nasty pileup.

Tough situation if you're in a passenger car - need to GTFO of there ASAP before a truck comes barreling into you.

Aftermath:

Last edited:

H T C

Nov 7, 2018
Here's another nasty pileup.

Tough situation if you're in a passenger car - need to GTFO of there ASAP before a truck comes barreling into you.

Aftermath:
For the life of me i just CAN'T UNDERSTAND why people drive so fast under such weather conditions. It's not the driving part that's difficult: it's the stopping part that CAN BE bad, as evidenced by those videos.

In this weather it's all "pretty" while you're moving but, if you need to stop suddenly for whatever reason, odds are you'll get hit from behind by a bunch of cars, and that's assuming you manage to stop the car where you want / need to, to begin with.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I lived in Cheyenne for awhile. The highway patrol used to close I-80 when the weather got bad because people wouldn't slow down. The road was passable if one didn't drive like an idiot but people weren't having any of that so close the road they did.

H T C

Nov 7, 2018
I lived in Cheyenne for awhile. The highway patrol used to close I-80 when the weather got bad because people wouldn't slow down. The road was passable if one didn't drive like an idiot but people weren't having any of that so close the road they did.
In those weather conditions, max allowed speed should be cut in @ LEAST HALF, if not more: better arrive a bit later then risk not arriving @ all ...