Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2749 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Serious question: why is that railing even there? No railing => no hazard.

You are supposed to land on the rail and ride it down. That lady had no business being on such advanced terrain. She is not that good, and is risking her life competing with far more advanced riders. She's a glorified Argentinean vlogger that is sponsored due to her social media presence.

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Why would anyone want a larger Domino's or Pizza Hut pizza? It's like somebody asking for more waterboarding.

Yeah, because college kids are known for sophisticated palates. I did mention college. Value and volume were key. I guess I shouldn't mention the 39c McD's cheeseburgers either.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Rt4fHyP.jpg

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Makes me think of that Wesley Warren guy from Howard Stern's show. Yikes.

That's probably easier to correct than what happened to poor Wesley (RIP). I see breasts, and I'm relatively sure that ain't just pronounced mooseknuckle, probably just sagging gut and skin.

Walmart. Sometimes that place feels like the Serengeti, like I should be strapped plus binoculars, slowly working a Nikon without spooking anyone.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
What helps is slowing down, especially when traffic is stopped. 4x4 doesn't do much for you. It gets you going, but doesn't help stopping.

One time in a snowstorm on a downhill toward a red light, my SUV started spinning sideways and I ended up 180 degrees to the direction I was heading - so now I'm on my brakes but sliding backwards towards a telephone pole. Hit the gas... 4WD saved me. Only all-season tires too.

What I've learned over the years is you should only be going as fast as it takes to pump the brakes to stop you in a reasonable distance. For certain it ain't fun when you lose it.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Wow never seen this before. Complete disintegration.

there are remains, but at impacts this severe the body turns to mush/real small pieces but it is there. Usually the legs and arms fly off and can be identified, the head normally explodes and isnt visually there, the torso is a big mash of poo. Its quite gross what happens to our body at such high speed/sudden stop.

:eek:

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
there are remains, but at impacts this severe the body turns to mush/real small pieces but it is there. Usually the legs and arms fly off and can be identified, the head normally explodes and isnt visually there, the torso is a big mash of poo. Its quite gross what happens to our body at such high speed/sudden stop.

:eek:
You might be surprised, depending on the speed at impact and what forces slow the remains, a lot more may be left behind than one would expect.

It's never pretty though, that's for sure.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
You might be surprised, depending on the speed at impact and what forces slow the remains, a lot more may be left behind than one would expect.

It's never pretty though, that's for sure.
The video zooms in on the site afterward but I can identify no body parts or anything gross whatsoever. And I'm surprised to see such a contained area of impact. It's interesting to say the least. Report stated that 9 people died.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The video zooms in on the site afterward but I can identify no body parts or anything gross whatsoever. And I'm surprised to see such a contained area of impact. It's interesting to say the least. Report stated that 9 people died.
You wouldn't, the pilot's center mass is likely still strapped to the chair. Video is too grainy to make out.

I would assume that most of the bystander deaths were due to debris so may not be at the center of impact (it looks like it cratered on the flightline, or near enough). I could be wrong though. That sucker was definitely coming in hot, not terminal velocity.