It Looks Like Trump is Gearing up for a Presidential Run (2024).

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Not only did his generals (and many others) repeatedly try to kill him, but time-and-time-again he was saved by his incredible good luck.

Georg Elser's attempt was a particularly frustrating near-miss - unexpected fog meant Hitler had to go by train instead of flying, so left early, missing the bomb (that had been set a week before) by 13 minutes.

Really not sure how anyone could believe in a benevolent God after reading this list.

My "favorite" was the dinner with "Le Bombe Surprise" that came down to Hitler being in an unplanned seat so when the explosives did go off as planned they missed killing him by inch's.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thilanliyan

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Sure - in a democracy if you kill the president your reward is prison or death. In a dictatorship your reward is often the presidency.
“Fun” to ponder…. but that may have been DeSantis best odds at the crown… If Trumps coup had succeeded.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm surprised people aren't talking about that incredibly horrible speech Donald Trump gave at CPAC in Texas.
I'm surprised that people aren't talking about the audience applauding the incredibly horrible speech and the things Trump said.
Other than the German language, this sounded like Adolf Hitler himself. Shit.... I thought Hitler was dead? Apparently he was cloned into Donald Trump, damn those Frankenstein scientist.

Where to start, where to start...
Trump went after the poor, the disabled, gays, drag queens, and what is this sudden obsession from the republican party with drag queens? I don't get it. Drag queens are not even necessarily gay, they are simply entertainers ENTERTAINERS just like.... Donald Trump. They entertain, they make people laugh, and they put on a show just like Donald Trump. And frankly, I'd rather see a drag queen as president than Donald Trump. Yet you have to admit, Donald Trump's hair is very drag queen-ish to say the least.

If you want to see a modern day NAZI ,and hear a modern day NAZI speech by that modern day NAZI, then watch Trump at CPAC.
I know to watch is asking a lot, but people really need to see how bad his vision for America truly is. Trump has Hitler beat hands down.
This guy is the anti-christ, no question about it.
I don't care to hear another Fn word from that man ever again. I make a point to turn on mute or go to another channel is anybody gives him airtime. So, no I don't know what horrible things he's said lately, I think is just absolutely predictable what grievances he's still going on about.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Empty Gee now wants to be Trump’s running mate for 2024.

On the one hand, she’ll lose him votes, so it isn’t a completely bad thing.

On the other hand, if they win - Trump is an old man not in good health. That would leave Empty Gee as POTUS. The Battle of the Low Bar. There’s grossly unqualified and then there’s grossly unqualified combined with a clinical diagnosis of batshit crazy.
Please, please, please make it so.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I don't care to hear another Fn word from that man ever again. I make a point to turn on mute or go to another channel is anybody gives him airtime. So, no I don't know what horrible things he's said lately, I think is just absolutely predictable what grievances he's still going on about.

I agree. Totally. But its not only Trump, it is those 74 million that voted for Trump. You gotta watch out for them, you gotta know what they are up to, you just can't ignore them or they will get the better of you. It's good to know what the enemy is up to but with Donald Trump what he is up to will make your head spin. Still, you can't ignore or let him or them get away with it. They are sneaky bastards and twist their atrocities into your atrocities as if you were doing what they are actually doing.

That was Trump's CPAC speech. Everything he ragged on and claimed the "other side: was doing, Trump and his side were actually doing. Claiming progressives are attacking America when it was in fact Donald Trump who attacked America, and attacked physically via armed insurrectionist. And it goes on and on, everything they claim progressives are doing to destroy America, they in fact are the ones doing to destroy America.

See how they are????
Yes, as disgusting and nasty as it is, we must pay attention to what they say, to what they do, and to what they plan to do. THAT is how we stop them.

Reactions: soundforbjt and pmv

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Perhaps this was already discussed, but if so I missed most of it. I get there was an exchange about 'generals', but I didn't really take in how insane Trump was being.

In an exchange with his former White House chief of staff John Kelly, a retired Marine Corps general, Trump reportedly complained: “You fucking generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”

Kelly asked which generals, prompting Trump to reply: “The German generals in World War II.”

According to the excerpt published by the New Yorker from The Divider: Trump in the White House, by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser, an incredulous Kelly pointed out that Nazi leader Adolf Hitler was almost assassinated by one of his own generals.

“No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,” Trump replied, apparently unaware of Claus von Stauffenberg’s plot in July 1944 to kill Hitler with a bomb inside his Wolf’s Lair field headquarters.

So his obsession with all things German continues, and not only does he seem to think that Hitler-style personal loyalty to the Furhrer should replace an allegiance to the country and the Constitution, but he doesn't properly understand the history of his apparent role-model. The real historical Hitler wasn't sufficiently Hitler-like for him, he's apparently mentally created an idealised, more-succesful, Adolf.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Perhaps this was already discussed, but if so I missed most of it. I get there was an exchange about 'generals', but I didn't really take in how insane Trump was being.

So his obsession with all things German continues, and not only does he seem to think that Hitler-style personal loyalty to the Furhrer should replace an allegiance to the country and the Constitution, but he doesn't properly understand the history of his apparent role-model. The real historical Hitler wasn't sufficiently Hitler-like for him, he's apparently mentally created an idealised, more-succesful, Adolf.
One thing I appreciate about Trump is he is very open about his desire to be a dictator. Usually people hide behind fake appeals to something else but he just comes right out and says it.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
One thing I appreciate about Trump is he is very open about his desire to be a dictator. Usually people hide behind fake appeals to something else but he just comes right out and says it.

If Trump refused to leave office when defeated in 2020, Trump will definitely refuse to leave office in 2028 and to allow an election to take place.

And think about THIS....
Donald Trump refuses to announce his candidacy for 2024. And you know why? Because Donald Trump DOES NOT FEEL he needs to announce for 2024.

Follow me here....
Donald Trump assumes that republicans will take control of the house and senate in 2022. And in the state elections, Trump assumes Trump endorsed republicans will win those state elections. Trump assumes this. And so.... come the day after the 2022 midterms, with republicans having taken over state and local government, those red states will then "DE-CERTIFY" the 2020 election in every state that Trump lost, thus claiming Donald Trump as the true and acting president.

Folks....
Donald Trump actually believes he will be installed as the acting president FAR FAR BEFORE 2024. And THIS is why Trump will NEVER announce his candidacy. Trump thinks he doesn't need to. Donald Trump believes he will be president, again, far before 2024.
STAY TUNED....

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If Trump refused to leave office when defeated in 2020, Trump will definitely refuse to leave office in 2028 and to allow an election to take place.

And think about THIS....
Donald Trump refuses to announce his candidacy for 2024. And you know why? Because Donald Trump DOES NOT FEEL he needs to announce for 2024.

Follow me here....
Donald Trump assumes that republicans will take control of the house and senate in 2022. And in the state elections, Trump assumes Trump endorsed republicans will win those state elections. Trump assumes this. And so.... come the day after the 2022 midterms, with republicans having taken over state and local government, those red states will then "DE-CERTIFY" the 2020 election in every state that Trump lost, thus claiming Donald Trump as the true and acting president.

Folks....
Donald Trump actually believes he will be installed as the acting president FAR FAR BEFORE 2024. And THIS is why Trump will NEVER announce his candidacy. Trump thinks he doesn't need to. Donald Trump believes he will be president, again, far before 2024.
STAY TUNED....
Well if he believes that he’s nuts because none of that will actually happen.

Reactions: pcgeek11

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

The fascinating/disturbing thing to me isn't so much that he effectively wants a dictatorship and absolute loyalty, it's that he genuinely doesn't understand why people would object. I know why — he's a pathological narcissist, so he's incapable of empathizing with others. But he stands in stark contrast to people like Putin or Orban, who know why people object and just don't care.

As people have said many times before, though, that obliviousness probably saved the country. He couldn't have his dictatorship because he was incompetent; he didn't know that he couldn't simply have his way. The scary prospect is a future authoritarian Republican who's smart enough to work the system — even if they don't succeed, they might spark a constitutional crisis or force the military to intervene.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Sure but it wouldn’t do anything.

In terms of the actual constitutional process? No, it won't. But it would build public perception that favors their narrative. In a very dangerous manner that offers them a veneer of credibility as a talking point to exploit the rubes even more.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
As a quick reminder here are the CPAC straw poll winners for the three years before the 2016 election: (they don’t count after 2016 because the party supports the president)

2013: Rand Paul
2014: Rand Paul
2015: Rand Paul

So uh… yeah.
That was pre-cult, so those don’t matter.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm surprised people aren't talking about that incredibly horrible speech Donald Trump gave at CPAC in Texas.
I'm surprised that people aren't talking about the audience applauding the incredibly horrible speech and the things Trump said.
Other than the German language, this sounded like Adolf Hitler himself. Shit.... I thought Hitler was dead? Apparently he was cloned into Donald Trump, damn those Frankenstein scientist.

Where to start, where to start...
Trump went after the poor, the disabled, gays, drag queens, and what is this sudden obsession from the republican party with drag queens? I don't get it. Drag queens are not even necessarily gay, they are simply entertainers ENTERTAINERS just like.... Donald Trump. They entertain, they make people laugh, and they put on a show just like Donald Trump. And frankly, I'd rather see a drag queen as president than Donald Trump. Yet you have to admit, Donald Trump's hair is very drag queen-ish to say the least.

If you want to see a modern day NAZI ,and hear a modern day NAZI speech by that modern day NAZI, then watch Trump at CPAC.
I know to watch is asking a lot, but people really need to see how bad his vision for America truly is. Trump has Hitler beat hands down.
This guy is the anti-christ, no question about it.
I also don't know why nobody is discussing one of their keynote speakers is a white nationalist

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I keep singing Hamlilton's "never gonna be President now" in my head today.

(Yeah, Trump technically was President, but you can see his 2024 chances crumbling.)

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007

And think about THIS....

Follow me here....

Folks....
STAY TUNED....
I love how you attribute this to some sort of big brain strategy. Its not. Trump is not that sophisticated. Fuck, hes not even smart. Hes not declaring becuase he can more easily grift RNC money and hoard his own donations by not declaring. Thats math even trump can do.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I wouldnt be surprised if Trump announced now - in a fitz of panic. If he knows he is going down anyway… he would only stand to win on that move..

Reactions: uclaLabrat

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I wouldnt be surprised if Trump announced now - in a fitz of panic. If he knows he is going down anyway… he would only stand to win on that move..

Yep ... the same "easy marks" that funded the big lie will rush to give him tons of money again.

Reactions: cytg111

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But don’t get why people think this search warrant will help him. Like it’s going to convert Dems to vote orange monkey???

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Sometimes I wish I could just be evil and steal idiots money like the Dumpster.... that's one thing he's pretty good at.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
But don’t get why people think this search warrant will help him. Like it’s going to convert Dems to vote orange monkey???

It could rally supporters who would have otherwise stayed at home. With that said, it might only have a limited effect. It'll only really help Trumpist candidates in the midterms... and a lot could happen to Trump by 2024. May be difficult for him to enjoy an outrage boost if he's in prison.

Reactions: hal2kilo