Im sorry, deep dish pizza really sucks

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Faggots are sticks of wood used for bonfires as in burning people at the stake.

they are also great in gravy!

where's @WelshBloke

edit: lol, I'm so late to this. I'll just post the image, then.

38786156206108b1bfb1e4dd79229b69.png

Reactions: WelshBloke

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Hey, did you know that the majority of "Fried Calamari" that you are eating, is likely rings of pig rectum? Go to a bar, cheap frozen package at the grocery store, yep: that's going to be pig rectum rings.

my people used all the parts of the pig

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
all of that is plenty fine for human consumption.

Hey, did you know that the majority of "Fried Calamari" that you are eating, is likely rings of pig rectum? Go to a bar, cheap frozen package at the grocery store, yep: that's going to be pig rectum rings.

I'm sure that is fake, but I hate Calamari so that's what I'm telling people next time someone I'm with tries to order it.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
all of that is plenty fine for human consumption.

Dude, Calamari is a culinary name for squid.

And no the meat odds and ends are not fit for Human Consumption at all.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm sure that is fake, but I hate Calamari so that's what I'm telling people next time someone I'm with tries to order it.

Yep, you're huffing down a pig's cornhole

There was a TAL show about some years ago, wherein they interview the dude that established and refined the process of creating imitation calamari.

Never was this more appropriate, after you've just ordered fried calamari to go with your shitty budlight, watching the landsportsing event at your local watering hole:
11-2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: WelshBloke

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Dude, Calamari is a culinary name for squid.

And no the meat odds and ends are not fit for Human Consumption at all.

I know what calamari is.

You aren't reading

....and you're completely incurious about what you are actually eating, when you order calamari.

why don't you go lick some clams, if you ever figure that out.

• Haha
Reactions: nakedfrog

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I had some Japanese dried squid once and it was delicious, if a bit salty.
I know what calamari is.

You aren't reading

....and you're completely incurious about what you are actually eating, when you order calamari.

why don't you go lick some clams, if you ever figure that out.
Actually I have never ordered calamari and the bars around where live don't offer it. So there!!!

And if I was going to have fried calamari I'll go a really nice place that actually serves the real thing.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I had some Japanese dried squid once and it was delicious, if a bit salty.

Actually I have never ordered calamari and the bars around where live don't offer it. So there!!!

And if I was going to have fried calamari I'll go a really nice place that actually serves the real thing.

I don't think fried calamari is ever going to be real calamari. You need to order it sauteed with a light sauce, probably.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I don't think fried calamari is ever going to be real calamari. You need to order it sauteed with a light sauce, probably.
Beg your pardon, but they take a calamari and fried it then why wouldn't the result still be calamari?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Beg your pardon, but they take a calamari and fried it then why wouldn't the result still be calamari?

because they didn't actually start with calamari, duh. it's a waste to fry it, so they save the real stuff for better dishes?

I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand these things.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
because they didn't actually start with calamari, duh. it's a waste to fry it, so they save the real stuff for better dishes?

I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand these things.
The only squid I ever eaten was a product of Japan that my stepfather brought back from Japan when his job sent him there to fix something.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I'd order Pig Anus before Calamari. I got some standards....
And what is wrong with eating squid? And why the Hell will you eat pig anuses before squid? Are you trailer park trash that does't know about The Finer Things in Life and refuse to learn about them.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
And what is wrong with eating squid? And why the Hell will you eat pig anuses before squid? Are you trailer park trash that does't know about The Finer Things in Life and refuse to learn about them.
I thought that the only squid you'd eaten was dried?

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011

jesus.calm down a bit

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I thought that the only squid you'd eaten was dried?
And base on my experience, I will gladly enjoy fried Calamari.

Neat fact from the 70's:
In the United States, in an attempt to popularize squid as a protein source in the 1970s, researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology developed a squid-gutting machine, and submitted squid cocktail, rings, and chowder to a 70-person tasting panel for market research.[4][5][5] Despite a general lack of popularity of squid in the United States, aside from the internal "ethnic market", polling had shown a negative public perception of squid foods,[6] the tasting panel gave the dishes

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

It's nasty.