I'm gonna introduce you all to a friend of mine and ....

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Where were you when the religious minorities of Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan were suffering?

In fact, they are still being persecuted to this day and all I can see is P&N making excuses for it.

I will tell you as I told fskimospy.

Blow it out of your hole.
LOL, come on man, just answer the simple question:

So you agree that India discriminates based on religious affiliation, you just think that’s good - correct?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
But you call all Russians as degenerate? And you think that is a good thing?
Accurately describing things is good, yes.

Regardless, this is more flailing by you to avoid saying you support religious discrimination.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Accurately describing things is good, yes.

Regardless, this is more flailing by you to avoid saying you support religious discrimination.
So Russians are fair game for you to slander because of one war? The US has performed ten times worse in Bangladesh.

And the CAA is only as discriminatory as the Lautenberg agreement:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson–Vanik_amendment#Lautenberg_Amendment_(1990)

Lautenberg Amendment (1990)[edit]​

Enacted on November 21, 1989, the Lautenberg Amendment, Public Law 101–167, took effect in 1990 which provided refugee status in the United States for nationals from the Soviet Union and later the former Soviet Union, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania who are Jews, Evangelical Christians, Ukrainian Catholics or Ukrainian Orthodox; as well as nationals of Vietnam, Laos, or Cambodia; and Jews, Christians, Baha’is and other religious minorities from Iran.[31] The Lautenberg measure allowed refugee status to people from historically persecuted groups without requiring them to show that they had been singled out.[31][32] Under the Lautenberg Amendment, 350,000 to 400,000 Jews from the former Soviet Union which had not presented any form of evidence of persecution gained entry to the United States by October 2002 according to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.[citation needed] Beginning in 2002, a special "Refugee Corps" in the Department of Homeland Security handled issues involving the Lautenberg Amendment.[33]

SO fskimospy, in case you feel the need to ask me the question again. I will refer to you what I said before and blow it out of your own hole.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
So Russians are fair game for you to slander because of one war? The US has performed ten times worse in Bangladesh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson–Vanik_amendment#Lautenberg_Amendment_(1990)

Enacted on November 21, 1989, the Lautenberg Amendment, Public Law 101–167, took effect in 1990 which provided refugee status in the United States for nationals from the Soviet Union and later the former Soviet Union, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania who are Jews, Evangelical Christians, Ukrainian Catholics or Ukrainian Orthodox; as well as nationals of Vietnam, Laos, or Cambodia; and Jews, Christians, Baha’is and other religious minorities from Iran.[31] The Lautenberg measure allowed refugee status to people from historically persecuted groups without requiring them to show that they had been singled out.[31][32] Under the Lautenberg Amendment, 350,000 to 400,000 Jews from the former Soviet Union which had not presented any form of evidence of persecution gained entry to the United States by October 2002 according to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.[citation needed] Beginning in 2002, a special "Refugee Corps" in the Department of Homeland Security handled issues involving the Lautenberg Amendment.[33]

SO fskimospy, in case you feel the need to ask me the question again. I will refer to you what I said before and blow it out of your own hole.
So you aren't bothered by this right? You're totally cool with religious discrimination right?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Great, so you agree that India is discriminating against people for their religious affiliation now?
If a bunch of Russians moved into the USA, and decided we needed to be more like Russia. Would opposing them be labeled discrimination of a minority group, religious discrimination against their Orthodox Church? Cause if they were "deeply" religious all their actions and their identities were be under that label. Yet their goals would be to create a very discriminatory theocracy - just mirrored back into the opposite direction. Against other people.

Nations and neighborhoods throughout the world regularly filter themselves out to become more homogeneous. Is this not India's idea of achieving security through a similar process? It is not always pretty and can become downright ugly in how it is achieved. But if the alternative is rising sectarian violence.... is avoiding a societal schism not a worthy goal?

If the Republican MAGA could have been snuffed out before it got so terrible, is there any price we would not pay?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Russian culture has been degenerate for a long time before this war, lol.

Anyways I’m glad that you have confirmed you support religious discrimination. Thanks!

Reactions: Meghan54

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Russian culture has been degenerate for a long time before this war, lol.

Anyways I’m glad that you have confirmed you support religious discrimination. Thanks!
Spread all the disinformation you want. Thats what you thrive on. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I'm glad that we cleared up that the CAA is not discriminatory, just like the Launtenberg amendment.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

EDIT: I'm glad that we cleared up that the CAA is not discriminatory, just like the Launtenberg amendment.
You really should stop lying. The CAA is explicitly discriminatory.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Since you have repeatedly put forth arguments that say this religious discrimination is good I don’t see what the problem is.

It’s ok - you can criticize Dear Leader when he does stuff like this. After his attacks on the free press it’s probably going to be up to regular citizens to do it.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I’m not gonna wade into the cesspool of Indian discrimination…coming in a nation where caste discrimination seems to be the norm…so, I’ll just ask the OP about his…

I'm gonna introduce you all to a friend of mine and ....​

Why do you consider what appears to be an Indian alt-news site to be your “friend?”
Maybe that word means something different to you than it does me.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Since you have repeatedly put forth arguments that say this religious discrimination is good I don’t see what the problem is.

It’s ok - you can criticize Dear Leader when he does stuff like this. After his attacks on the free press it’s probably going to be up to regular citizens to do it.
I get that slandering is your game, but its not gonna work here. I been called many things on this site and you are just one of those rabid dogs which just can't stop barking.

Oh and as I said, blow it out of your hole.

Last edited:

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
I’m not gonna wade into the cesspool of Indian discrimination…coming in a nation where caste discrimination seems to be the norm…so, I’ll just ask the OP about his…

Why do you consider what appears to be an Indian alt-news site to be your “friend?”
Maybe that word means something different to you than it does me.
The site calls out on the truth in certain situations where the truth might be inconvenient or impolite. That holds a certain appeal for me.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I get that slandering is your game, but its not gonna work here. I been called many things on this site and you are just one of those rabid dogs which just can't stop barking.

Oh and as I said, blow it out of your hole.
Look those are your words, not mine. You’re the one justifying religious discrimination.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So you agree the CAA is discriminatory against Muslims? Yes or No?

This is a direct question that should get a direct response.
Bigotry depends on discrimination, in this case their definition of Muslim, so the problem isn't in that they discriminate but that those who are discriminated against are discriminated against for good reason because they were made to deserve that punishment because of how they were defined. I would not personally attack bigotry for reasons that it discriminates. Discrimination is a capacity that evolved due to its survival value. It is proper and natural. What happened to bigots is that they were made to hate themselves if they showed any compassion for people their guardians and peers defined as evil. The cure for bigotry is human compassion, the thing that was destroyed in us as children by exposure to the hatred of others.

The reason we strive to create equality in society is to reduce the exposure of people with minor differences from others to hatred and contempt. Hate says differences are major and a threat. Yup, they are a threat all right. They threaten the bigot with the realization of his own self hate as the source of his or her bigotry.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
I'll introduce you to a friend of ours....

Mahatma-Gandhi.jpg

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
So you agree the CAA is discriminatory against Muslims? Yes or No?

This is a direct question that should get a direct response.
The CAA does not discriminate against Muslims. The CAA only fasttracks persecuted minority groups for citizenship. If tomorrow, Myanmar is bought under the preview of the CAA, then Rohingyas will be fasttracked for citizenship under CAA too.

Nothing prevents the Muslims of Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan from applying for citizenship the normal way.

So for the last time, No, the CAA is not discriminatory. Other laws exist with the very same intention of the CAA like the American Lautenberg Amendment. The CAA provides a home to desperate people fleeing horrendous persecution. That's all. Nothing in it prohibits Muslims from seeking Indian citizenship in any form or manner.

If this answer still does not satisfy you, blow it out of your hole.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The CAA does not discriminate against Muslims. The CAA only fasttracks persecuted minority groups for citizenship. If tomorrow, Myanmar is bought under the preview of the CAA, then Rohingyas will be fasttracked for citizenship under CAA too.

Nothing prevents the Muslims of Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan from applying for citizenship the normal way.

So for the last time, No, the CAA is not discriminatory. Other laws exist with the very same intention of the CAA like the American Lautenberg Amendment. The CAA provides a home to desperate people fleeing horrendous persecution. That's all. Nothing in it prohibits Muslims from seeking Indian citizenship in any form or manner.

If this answer still does not satisfy you, blow it out of your hole.

You should be honest with yourself and call discrimination what it is. You can call America’s own discrimination what it is, discrimination. One does not cancel out the other. The difference here is that you’re justifying it. The USA has and does exercise discriminatory practices, but since im not an apologetic nationalist, im not going to justify. Since im a patriot, I’d rather call it what it is and express my desire to change it.

I will provide this link for you, again, and hope that you read it, again