I think I have the worst coworker in the world.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Haha. There was a guy that I used to play CAL CS with. Everyday when we came on vent he would have a new story. Something along the lines of..

1. DUDE we just had a crazy party. I drank 5 kegs and these 2 milfs were all over me so I had a threesome.
2. DUDE I smoked so much weed I was so out of it and these girls were all over me so I told them to have sex with each other and I watched.
3. DUDE my Honda Civic is the shit, watch my youtube video of it, I raced a Lambo and beat him like nothing! And then I picked up 3 milfs and two were doing it in the back while one was giving me road!

At first it was funny then it got annoying.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
I was referring to the franchise level...

... sarcastically of course. Did you happen to flush your sense of humor along with your morning constitutional or something?

If you can't understand a joke, then don't comment on it. :rolleyes:

I gathered that you weren't seriously suggesting that the OP works at McDonald's - though I'd suggest that anyone whose sense of humor was seriously tickled by your rather bland joke might need a recalibration - but I still felt like pointing out that McDonalds (even on the franchise level) has an HR process.

If you aren't prepared for your posts to go on random tangents, don't post on ATOT.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
has your boss ever asked you to screw a chick in front of him? I guess it was combined with a free hotel stay, lunch, a few hours of paid leave, and a couple of c notes.

Apr 20, 2008
"this" guy used to be friends with my roommates years ago. according to him he used to be a drug dealing baller in oregon with millions of dollars and hella trick cars (for instance a 600hp eclipse with titanium block, pistons, rods, springs, crank, intake etc) but of course NOW he was driving a 91 accord and bussing tables at an olive garden...

He's for real. I remember him.

Obviously.

MAKENITO

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2009
Cliffs? Wall of text.

New Co worker
- thinks he's the man
- makes up a new story everyday
- brags about the women he has tapped
- brags about beating his wife

Though I recommend you read it - its cringey.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Haha. There was a guy that I used to play CAL CS with. Everyday when we came on vent he would have a new story. Something along the lines of..

1. DUDE we just had a crazy party. I drank 5 kegs and these 2 milfs were all over me so I had a threesome.
2. DUDE I smoked so much weed I was so out of it and these girls were all over me so I told them to have sex with each other and I watched.
3. DUDE my Honda Civic is the shit, watch my youtube video of it, I raced a Lambo and beat him like nothing! And then I picked up 3 milfs and two were doing it in the back while one was giving me road!

At first it was funny then it got annoying.

I thought this post was about ZaneJohnson.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
"So now whenever I go to a new place, I gather all the females up and have a meeting with them. I tell them 'look, at some point you're going to want to fuck me. Just don't. Don't do it. I'm telling you all this for your own sake. Don't go down that road."

I really need to try this line. hahahahahha

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Sounds like he just has free reign to say whatever he feels like saying. Why isn't anyone questioning his grand statements? He's going to keep doing it until someone mans up and has a talk with him.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Why is he still employed? Maybe you should leave a brochure on "creating or tolerating a hostile work environment" on your boss' desk. What the guy is doing is sexual harassment. Your boss has a legal obligation to take action to see that the conduct stops.

F1N3ST

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2006
New Co worker
- thinks he's the man
- makes up a new story everyday
- brags about the women he has tapped
- brags about beating his wife

Though I recommend you read it - its cringey.

Lol, it was worth the read, thanks :D

I lol'd at jihad D:

coreyb

Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2007
you're right, everyone does think they have the worst co-worker. that person isn't even close to the worst ever. funny though

Sea Moose

Diamond Member
May 12, 2009
This thread is epic.

Best rant ever.

Needs moar pictures

Oh and needs update or is it a spider thread
?

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
I know, I know. Everyone says they have the worst coworker ever, but I've never seen anything like this guy. A little background; where I work there are 5 workers, and one manager. The new guy (who used to work for the company a few years ago) apparently knows the manager from outside of work, and when a position here opened up, she hired him. He just started a couple weeks ago, and he's managed to alienate everyone. He's ramped up the horrificness as of late, but I'll start at the beginning. Scroll down if you want the most horrific parts. I'm doing this in super list form since I'm giddy that VB has a working bullet-point function

Day One:
  • Within the 1st 2 hours of working he regales me with stories of how he is a dj, but not just any dj, but the most famous House DJ in the northeast. He tells me that he's "fucked hundreds of women in the clubs". He's married. He says that he doesn't fuck hundreds of women behind his wife's back anymore. He's not that attractive at all, I sincerely doubt he pulled more than a few clubtrash-whores.
  • He decides to tell us later: "You know I don't even go after girls...they just come to me. Like every place I've worked at I've fucked coworkers. And I don't even do anything. They're helplessly attracted to me. So now whenever I go to a new place, I gather all the females up and have a meeting with them. I tell them 'look, at some point you're going to want to fuck me. Just don't. Don't do it. I'm telling you all this for your own sake. Don't go down that road."

Day Two
  • He starts regaling everyone else with the stories about he's the most famous DJ in the country (apparently his fame spread over-night...). He says "I've DJ'd in the best clubs in the world. But NOW he throws in that he's the most famous dancer in the northeast. He says "I can go to any club in the northeast and they'll let me in for free so that everyone can see me dance".
  • He also starts trying to give instructions on how to do our job, 90% of which is wrong and actually illegal.
  • He reveals at this point that he was working part-time on a loading dock when we call him in for this position, paying the princely sum of 13.25/hr. Quite the discount for the most famous DJ EVAR. :hmm:

Rest of Week One
  • He starts telling the females on staff his stories of fucking random women, and showing us pictures of girls he's banged.
  • he says, "Yeah, if you ever get overtime here, you're welcome. I'm the reason we get overtime". The dude never worked more than part-time with my company in the past, and we've had overtime here for decades. But in his mind he's a crusader for workers rights.
  • Where I work we deal with heavily controlled medications and pharmaceuticals. We have a database that is used to track everything, it was created by the state over a decade ago, we don't edit it in any way shape or form. We just enter data into it. He tells us "I invented that system. In fact I'm going to reinvent it and make it better and change how we do meds here". He says he's going to change how we distribute meds even. The problem is...he fucks up our med book every time he tries signing medications in or out of it. Pretty amazing for for someone who invented the system supposedly.
  • At this point everyone else is pretty much ready to quit rather than being regaled with graphic stories of him having intercourse with club-trash and hear about how he invented everything outside of the internet. He then casually mentions how he and the boss exchange personal emails to each other. He says "oooh wait? You mean you guys don't get emails from her on your personal email accounts ever?" One girl stops talking to him completely, and he doesn't get why.
Here's the horrific stuff
So the 2nd week he apparently decided to intensify his jihad on office etiquette. I come in one day and one of the girls is almost in tears. I ask her what's wrong and she says [new guy] was bragging again. Here's what he said to her (and later to all of us):

new guy: You know...I used to be a bad husband...yeeah I sure was
girl ^_^: Yup. You've told us.
new guy: I used to be really aggressive with her.
girl ^_^: Ugh. Yes. You've said this.
new guy :awe:: I'm not just talking verbally. You know..physically I was really bad to her.
girl D::Ummm...
new guy: Yeah man..I used to be sooo aggressive with her physically...
girl D: are you bragging about beating your wife????

Yup. He's bragging about beating the shit out of his wife. Horrific. So he's still ramming stories of his expertise in multiple fields down everyone's throats, and trying to bum free cd's off of us since he's a dj he says...but then he caps off the 2nd week working there with this story to me.

new guy: So yeah I used to have some crazy parties.
me: oh no...
new guy: Yeah this one time man we had a bachelor party for one of my friends and..
me: oh man...dude..no...
new guy: no no no it was awesome. We hired this prostitute
me o_O: DUDE.
new guy: no no no get this...she poured a bunch of champagne into her pussy and then spewed it out at people
me D: GODAMNIT.
new guy: But then she sprayed some right in my friend's eye and he got a YEAST infection in the eye.
me: You've led a horrifying life.
new guy: what? No..it's funny I've got a ton of stories.
me D: No dude. They're just horrific. Horrifying.

I have to stop here. I'm ready to punch a hole in a wall. But seriously, who does that?? Who makes up all these bullshit stories about his life?? I mean I assume he's miserable with his wife, so he makes up stories of how great he is. The problem is he then follows it up with some miserable story about beating his family, or not being employed. And for fuck's sake..WHO BRAGS ABOUT BEATING THEIR WIFE??? At this point the other guy at work is considering quitting, neither of the two girls will talk to him or be in the same room as him, and the guy keeps telling me horrific stories.

You hired zanejohnson.