I think I have the worst coworker in the world.

MrMatt

Banned
Mar 3, 2009
8/18/10: PROBABLY FINAL UPDATE
Um....so the guy in question knows word for word what some of the individual girls said about him. He also knows their identities....I don't mean like "I heard sally sassalot said this and that"...it was: "Chrissy Cracker said [specific word for word what she said to HR]. How the fuck does that happen?? I would hope HR was telling him what some people were saying generally....but I doubt they gave him specific names and exact statements from coworkers. It's supposed to be somewhat confidential. Which means one of our managers must have told him specifically who said what specific things about him.

6/29/10: Update at bottom of OP and end of thread
7/26/10: Update TWO at bottom of OP and end of thread

I know, I know. Everyone says they have the worst coworker ever, but I've never seen anything like this guy. A little background; where I work there are 5 workers, and one manager. The new guy (who used to work for the company a few years ago) apparently knows the manager from outside of work, and when a position here opened up, she hired him. He just started a couple weeks ago, and he's managed to alienate everyone. He's ramped up the horrificness as of late, but I'll start at the beginning. Scroll down if you want the most horrific parts. I'm doing this in super listform since I'm giddy that VB has a working bullet-point function

Day One:
  • Within the 1st 2 hours of working he regales me with stories of how he is a dj, but not just any dj, but the most famous House DJ in the northeast. He tells me that he's "fucked hundreds of women in the clubs". He's married. He says that he doesn't fuck hundreds of women behind his wife's back anymore. He's not that attractive at all, I sincerely doubt he pulled more than a few clubtrash-whores.
  • He decides to tell us later: "You know I don't even go after girls...they just come to me. Like every place I've worked at I've fucked coworkers. And I don't even do anything. They're helplessly attracted to me. So now whenever I go to a new place, I gather all the females up and have a meeting with them. I tell them 'look, at some point you're going to want to fuck me. Just don't. Don't do it. I'm telling you all this for your own sake. Don't go down that road."

Day Two
  • He starts regaling everyone else with the stories about he's the most famous DJ in the country (apparently his fame spread over-night...). He says "I've DJ'd in the best clubs in the world. But NOW he throws in that he's the most famous dancer in the northeast. He says "I can go to any club in the northeast and they'll let me in for free so that everyone can see me dance".
  • He also starts trying to give instructions on how to do our job, 90% of which is wrong and actually illegal.
  • He reveals at this point that he was working part-time on a loading dock when we call him in for this position, paying the princely sum of 13.25/hr. Quite the discount for the most famous DJ EVAR. :hmm:

Rest of Week One
  • He starts telling the females on staff his stories of fucking random women, and showing us pictures of girls he's banged.
  • he says, "Yeah, if you ever get overtime here, you're welcome. I'm the reason we get overtime". The dude never worked more than part-time with my company in the past, and we've had overtime here for decades. But in his mind he's a crusader for workers rights.
  • Where I work we deal with heavily controlled medications and pharmaceuticals. We have a database that is used to track everything, it was created by the state over a decade ago, we don't edit it in any way shape or form. We just enter data into it. He tells us "I invented that system. In fact I'm going to reinvent it and make it better and change how we do meds here". He says he's going to change how we distribute meds even. The problem is...he fucks up our med book every time he tries signing medications in or out of it. Pretty amazing for for someone who invented the system supposedly.
  • At this point everyone else is pretty much ready to quit rather than being regaled with graphic stories of him having intercourse with club-trash and hear about how he invented everything outside of the internet. He then casually mentions how he and the boss exchange personal emails to each other. He says "oooh wait? You mean you guys don't get emails from her on your personal email accounts ever?" One girl stops talking to him completely, and he doesn't get why.

Here's the horrific stuff
So the 2nd week he apparently decided to intensify his jihad on office etiquette. I come in one day and one of the girls is almost in tears. I ask her what's wrong and she says [new guy] was bragging again. Here's what he said to her (and later to all of us):

new guy: You know...I used to be a bad husband...yeeah I sure was
girl ^_^: Yup. You've told us.
new guy: I used to be really aggressive with her.
girl ^_^: Ugh. Yes. You've said this.
new guy :awe:: I'm not just talking verbally. You know..physically I was really bad to her.
girl D::Ummm...
new guy: Yeah man..I used to be sooo aggressive with her physically...
girl D: are you bragging about beating your wife????

Yup. He's bragging about beating the shit out of his wife. Horrific. So he's still ramming stories of his expertise in multiple fields down everyone's throats, and trying to bum free cd's off of us since he's a dj he says...but then he caps off the 2nd week working there with this story to me.

new guy: So yeah I used to have some crazy parties.
me: oh no...
new guy: Yeah this one time man we had a bachelor party for one of my friends and..
me: oh man...dude..no...
new guy: no no no it was awesome. We hired this prostitute
me o_O: DUDE.
new guy: no no no get this...she poured a bunch of champagne into her pussy and then spewed it out at people
me D: GODAMNIT.
new guy: But then she sprayed some right in my friend's eye and he got a YEAST infection in the eye.
me: You've led a horrifying life.
new guy: what? No..it's funny I've got a ton of stories.
me D: No dude. They're just horrific. Horrifying.

I have to stop here. I'm ready to punch a hole in a wall. But seriously, who does that?? Who makes up all these bullshit stories about his life?? I mean I assume he's miserable with his wife, so he makes up stories of how great he is. The problem is he then follows it up with some miserable story about beating his family, or not being employed. And for fuck's sake..WHO BRAGS ABOUT BEATING THEIR WIFE??? At this point the other guy at work is considering quitting, neither of the two girls will talk to him or be in the same room as him, and the guy keeps telling me horrific stories.

6/29/10 UPDATE
UPDATE! So he's continued to be horrifying with seeming impunity. Up until this past week. So we have multiple locations in the area, and sometimes staff from one locale will cover shifts at other locations. The guy from my OP is working with a new female employee at another location 2 weeks ago. He apparently spent the shift talking about how he was the world's greatest bmx rider and was a pro on the national tour, how he was a famous d.j., all the usual shit. He then starts texting some other girl that he says he's having sex with, who isn't his wife. Then he starts asking the new girl about tattoos she has and asks if she has any others and start running his hands over her shoulder or something where she has ink. He continually touches her. He keeps pressing her for info about where her other tats are, if she has any.

So the girl is obviously freaked out at this point and tells some female staff from this 2nd location about what happened, and they all say he's done the same to them. They all go to our team leader who is in charge of the programs in my area. The team leader and the manager for the program where he was creeping on the girls come out and meet with him here at my home-program. They read him the sexual harassment policy, but don't discipline him. They also say that he can’t cover shifts at this other location anymore. Afterwards we have this convo:

Him: Dude that girl was talking to ME.
Me: Well…I mean…If you didn’t do anything untoward, then she must have taken something the wrong way.
Him: Wait…I know what it must be..she must want me.
Me : Yeah..ye….wait what?
Him: Yeah she just got married. But when she met me she must want me so bad that she had to do this to make sure I didn’t get near her because she can’t resist me.
Me: Oh man….dude you got 3 kids to feed…

Then yesterday the girls at my office get a call from our team leader again, asking if the feel like he's ever harassed them. They try to be nice and say not really, but that he makes them extremely uncomfortable, and that he's annoying to be around. So today my manager tells me that he’s not coming in the next couple days. I get a message from the guy and he says that our team leader told the regional manager, and that the regional manager told HR, and that HR has suspended him indefinitely while they conduct an investigation. He still says he’s confused as to why people are put-off by him…

Oh, and on Sunday he told me that it would be easier if his wife died of cancer. No joking, not being facetious. He said “It would be easier if she died of cancer, that way I wouldn’t have to go through the process of leaving or divorcing her. It would just be better”. Seriously. He wants his 3 kids to watch their mother wither and die of cancer. He wants them to be burdened with the higher risk of cancer and early death. All so he doesn’t have to grow a set of balls and divorce her.

7/26/2010 UPDATE 2
OK. I seriously think my organization is trying to get shut down. I have a whole thread worth of other sketchy shit to post, but I'll post this first.

So the HR investigation consisted of haphazardly calling the women he's come in contact with at the 3 local programs we have. They also called one guy that works at my home program. Pretty much everyone said that he made them uncomfortable, or if not that, that he was incredibly annoying to work with and said some awful things. There are 5 people at my home program; me, the harasser, one other guy, and two girls. HR talked to the other guy, and one of the girls. They never bothered contacting me or the other girl in any way shape or form, despite the fact that we work with the guy the most.

This drags out for TWO weeks. This screws us over royally as well, since he had signed up for a bunch of OT shifts, and worked a lot of nights, which HAVE to be covered where I work, as he would be the only person at the program for those shifts. Finally I get a message from him. He says that he was cleared of any wrong doing, that the complaints were judged to be 'unfounded'. He's royally pissed though because they told him he can no longer work shifts at the other two programs in our area. He racks up about 45 hours per week in just OT at those other two programs. He can't afford to feed his family with just 40/week at ours, plus a few hours of OT at our program, etc. Here's the best part: They paid him for the two weeks off.

So he comes back, and he's in a pissy mood. He's deluded himself into believing that he's done nothing wrong. He get suspended, they clear him of wrong-doing, pay him for the time off.....and then punish him. That's like being found not-guilty at trial and then going to jail anyway. So he's looking for a new job, and actually takes all of last week off because he hates working there now. I would too.

Seriously though, how the fuck did this happen?? They had multiple people file complaints against him (at least 5). They had all these people falling all over themselves to describe the shit he did. AND THEY FUCKING CLEAR HIM???? But then to make the situation even more fucked up, they punish him anyway?? How is that even remotely possible? I mean....one of my coworkers thinks he's bullshitting and that he didn't get cleared, and I'd agree, but for one fact. The type of shit people were accusing him of was pretty bad. If he was found responsible for doing that shit, they would HAVE to fire him, unless the HR department is grossly negligent. If he's still there, then there's almost a 100% chance he was actually cleared despite a fucking mountain of complaints and witnesses. My best friend's a lawyer and he was dumbfounded by this whole thing. He put it best; "Man...companies do NOT fuck around with sexual harassment, that's one thing that will get you absolutely hammered. If they let him come back and he does it again...that next person in line is going to be able to bend the company over a barrel".....:hmm: time to start wearing lipstick to work.

Ugh.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
Do you not have an HR department. Wow, just WTF. Guy is definitely fucked up and either needs a severe ass beating or to be put on meds.

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
Simple solution: Go to HR, relate the stories and how uncomfortable it makes all of you feel. Explain that you have asked the individual to stop telling the stories.

HR will have a few options on how to handle it. If the person truly is an idiot, they will violate the conditions that HR set into place and will get terminated.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Chronic liar. Everyone knows a few. They can also be referred to as "one-uppers". If you have a story, they have a better one.

RyanPaulShaffer

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
If this is actually true and not a fabricated story, this is epic. I love the icons in the conversations, and how he goes from the most famous DJ in the NE to the most famous DJ AND dancer in the country. But, hey yo, can I score some CDs to burn my phat mixes, dawg? :D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
LOL, I've had Co-Workers that made that guy look like a Saint. I worked with one dude that use to hide bottles of booze all over the job and by quitting time he was always bombed. The real bad part is that he'd never share, motherfucker!

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I'm guessing 99.9% of the bullshit he spews (DJing, beating his wife, etc) is made up or perhaps less likely just insanely exaggerated. Ignore the fool. Types like him hate it when they can't get a reaction out of someone with their inane stories.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
I was expecting a story of the worst coworker, but instead got a story of a funny one.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
What you need to do is come up with a completely ridiculous over the top story that he gets sucked into and then step it up even more until he says "Bull shit" and then say "Yeah, now you know how much of a douche moron you sound like so shut the fuck up and get to work".

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
I'd rather work with this guy than some of the Mormon prudes I've been stuck with............