I just got the iPod Nano after I returned my mobiBLU cube player

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
You can spend the big bucks on the Nano but can't afford $20 or $30 for a decent cover / case ?

Oh BTW BB sucks the big one. You'd be surprised how easy it is to deny your pathetic "Service Plan" or whatever overpriced protection they sell you...

ironcrotch

Diamond Member
May 11, 2004
Good going, I'm glad you're returning your iPod. I'm sure Apple doesn't need anymore ignorant consumers.

DaveCSparty

May 14, 2000
ha how old is this kid?

and yes paint on a car is easily scratched too, try owning a black car and dry it with regular towels after washing it. You need to use microfiber or chamois to minimize the scratches. That's why there's such a large market for car waxes, detailers, and polishes.

ipods are prone to scratches, and well known since they were first released, where have you been? The inside of your basketball shorts have threads that can easily scratch the ipod. Just because it's made of nylon or whatever soft fabric doesn't mean the threads/stitches are made of that material as well. Having it bounce around at the gym will definitely cause scratches.

i used to be like you with my ipod, but now mine has so many scratches on it and i think it gives it character. ive had it for around 3 years tho

777php

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
I'm going to be exchanging my nano due its crappy battery life, at this point I'm getting less than 7 hours of playback time instead of the rated 14 hours. If my next nano has the same problem I'll probably be buying a iRiver U10 instead.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: smack Down
Originally posted by: Excelsior
Originally posted by: virtualgames0
You guys just don't get it. It's more like if you bought a car.. and when you drove it normally, and the fender falls off the first day. The fender wasn't built well, and it fell off from normal use.
So you still broke it from using it.. But it's certainly not your fvcking fault that it's built so god damn cheaply. If apple just spent FIVE FVCKING more dollars to use real glass on the convering, instead of that CHEAP ASS SOFT PLASTIC, IT WOULD NOT GET SCRATCHED. I'm the one getting screwed here.. not APPLE, because they decided to cut corners on their overpriced junk.
If you do a google search for ipod nano scratch easily, you'll find HUNDREDS OF THE SAME COMPLAINTS!

yeah go use your beloved sandpapered ipods.. I'll return mine.. SO STFU!

GODDAMNIT NOTHING FELL OFF YOUR GODDAMNED IPOD. JESUS CHRIST!

This is why DAP covers/skins/protectors exist you imbecile. Just about any DAP can get scratched...and if a person with any common sense has a DAP and doesn't want it to get scratched, he/she will get a case/cover/protector for it. Its that simple.

Or one could say if a company didn't want its DAP returned due to scratches it should include a case/cover/protector.

uh..but how many dap companies include a halfway decent case/cover/protector with their players?

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
this is a reason why i disklike iPods. they look fantastic and are small, but the looks and size are completely negated because you have to buy an ugly rubber case to protect it.

i'd rather Apple develop a player that looks great and is more durable.

i've had a Dell DJ for a long time now. i use it with no cover everyday, and there is barely a scratch on the back side of it. other than that, it looks brand new.

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
You guys just don't get it. It's more like if you bought a car.. and when you drove it normally, and the fender falls off the first day. The fender wasn't built well, and it fell off from normal use.
So you still broke it from using it.. But it's certainly not your fvcking fault that it's built so god damn cheaply. If apple just spent FIVE FVCKING more dollars to use real glass on the convering, instead of that CHEAP ASS SOFT PLASTIC, IT WOULD NOT GET SCRATCHED. I'm the one getting screwed here.. not APPLE, because they decided to cut corners on their overpriced junk.
If you do a google search for ipod nano scratch easily, you'll find HUNDREDS OF THE SAME COMPLAINTS!

This is why DAP covers/skins/protectors exist you imbecile. Just about any DAP can get scratched...and if a person with any common sense has a DAP and doesn't want it to get scratched, he/she will get a case/cover/protector for it. Its that simple.

Or one could say if a company didn't want its DAP returned due to scratches it should include a case/cover/protector.

uh..but how many dap companies include a halfway decent case/cover/protector with their players?

I guess apple should have if it didn't want it returned.

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
Originally posted by: cjgallen
Originally posted by: ironcrotch
Originally posted by: 777php
I'm going to be exchanging my nano due its crappy battery life, at this point I'm getting less than 7 hours of playback time instead of the rated 14 hours. If my next nano has the same problem I'll probably be buying a iRiver U10 instead.

http://www.batteryuniversity.com

Aren't the batteries in the nano soldered in?

that's a really nifty site.

it sucks that the batteries are soldered in. is apple trying to eliminate 3rd party battery makers?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: StevenYoo

it sucks that the batteries are soldered in. is apple trying to eliminate 3rd party battery makers?

On this size level, anything other than the centronics paper-clip-thing connectors are impossible to fit. batteries with paper-clip-thing connectors are a strange commodity.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: EyeMWing

On this size level, anything other than the centronics paper-clip-thing connectors are impossible to fit. batteries with paper-clip-thing connectors are a strange commodity.

iPods since the 1st gens haven't had replaceable batteries. sure it might be difficult to implement a user replaceable on the Nano, but that doesn't excuse all the other iPods up until now.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
wow what a moron.

you seriously are a moron dude.

i just got my nano and it is SO much smaller than i thought.

and so nice. its charging now. willl transfer songs in a few

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: iamme
Originally posted by: EyeMWing

iPods since the 1st gens haven't had replaceable batteries. sure it might be difficult to implement a user replaceable on the Nano, but that doesn't excuse all the other iPods up until now.
Is that right?

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002

Did you ignore my question on purpose?

And it isn't Apples problem if the player is scratched by the user after he/she buys it. If it stops working, or malfunctions, sure. Just scratches? Hell no.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: DaveCSparty
ha how old is this kid?

and yes paint on a car is easily scratched too, try owning a black car and dry it with regular towels after washing it. You need to use microfiber or chamois to minimize the scratches. That's why there's such a large market for car waxes, detailers, and polishes.

ipods are prone to scratches, and well known since they were first released, where have you been? The inside of your basketball shorts have threads that can easily scratch the ipod. Just because it's made of nylon or whatever soft fabric doesn't mean the threads/stitches are made of that material as well. Having it bounce around at the gym will definitely cause scratches.

i used to be like you with my ipod, but now mine has so many scratches on it and i think it gives it character. ive had it for around 3 years tho

more then easily scratched. the painted bumpers these days just pick up stone nicks instantly...over time parts of your hood will lose paint in small chips. it can be helped with a nose bra which has its own problems. but oh noes!! car makers don't include the protector!! should return car the second it gets a stone nick:p

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
Originally posted by: DaveCSparty
ha how old is this kid?

more then easily scratched. the painted bumpers these days just pick up stone nicks instantly...over time parts of your hood will lose paint in small chips. it can be helped with a nose bra which has its own problems. but oh noes!! car makers don't include the protector!! should return car the second it gets a stone nick:p

perfect example.

dont forget phones also.

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005

And it isn't Apples problem if the player is scratched by the user after he/she buys it. If it stops working, or malfunctions, sure. Just scratches? Hell no.

I ignored your question because it is stupid.

And it is apples problem if more people cared enough to return the product.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000

read the car example above

what about phones? they dont include covers.

those you must buy seperately

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Originally posted by: simms
Yea, you're a dick. And quit thinking you're so high and mighty with e2c's as well. Other people could say the same thing about your headphones because they have ultimate ears or e5c's or ety's.

E5Cs aren't even practical with these players as they have over 100ohms of impedance. You'd have to carry around a fricken headphone amp for those. No thanks..
Your logic doesn't even work.. dumbass..

There are plenty of better low impedance cans suitable for use on a portable.

E2C's, while far better than mass market garbage, are nothing special.

Actually, I take that back... They would make great disposable cans, something you don't mind breaking/losing but that still sounds decent.

Viper GTS

I never said my earbuds are the best. I just said that people ought to fork up the cash for something decent sounding if they were going to spend $200-300 on a music player instead of using the $1 ones that are supplied. It's called not putting all your eggs in one basket.

No it's not

smack Down

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1

Niether of those can you really return so your point is moot.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1

Niether of those can you really return so your point is moot.

a car is too returnable. as is a phone. are you a moron?

Lemon Laws dumbass

and if the phone decides not to work its returnable.

its ALL the same, you cant return something for scratches.