I have no man card and don't want one.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I don't like sports, I'm not at all aggressive. I'd rather watch a nature documentary than watch just about any sports game or hear more about the latest sports stats on just about any sport. The only time I enjoy watching sports is during the Olympics and even there my interest is more academic than anything. I've always felt the "jock" mentality to be almost completely alien. But in the same stroke I've never understood 'nerds', again too aggressive a personality type. I can't stand most rock/pop I prefer classical music. I don't like almost any movie targeted at men my age, action flicks, horror, shallow special effects extravaganzas. I've never caught on to the gorefest FPS extravaganza that seems to pass for your average game these days. I far prefer complex dramas, RPGs, adventure games and the like. I'm anti violence, anti death penalty, anti gun (well not entirely), anti conservative. I have long hair and would probably have been a hippie in days of yore, except I'm probably not social enough to have been even that. No I don't think I would pass the prelims for man card certification. But then I don't care to own one really. You could say that in everything but sexuality and mannerisms I'm a fairly gay man, not that I care, but I love watching the womenz.

How do you compare?

Yes the above is a bit of an exaggeration about myself but not hugely.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: RichardE
Thats cool, have a non-alcoholic beer on me :beer:

I love to drink. As I posted in a previous post I don't mind drinking 'girly' drinks. But then I also like drinking straight Vodka, Rum, Scotch. Anything with a high alcohol content and lot's of it.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Locut0s

I love to drink. As I posted in a previous post I don't mind drinking 'girly' drinks. But then I also like drinking straight Vodka, Rum, Scotch. Anything with a high alcohol content and lot's of it.

In that case..

Have 2 :beer: on me and you can take my girlfriend shopping later so I don't have too :)

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
*shrug* you just seem like a 40 year old guy who's not into sports. not a big deal. although the pony tail is pretty bad just from an aesthetic point of view

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Mo0o
*shrug* you just seem like a 40 year old guy who's not into sports. not a big deal. although the pony tail is pretty bad just from an aesthetic point of view

40? I'm 25.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001

In that case..

Have 2 :beer: on me and you can take my girlfriend shopping later so I don't have too :)

As long as it's shopping for electronics. Or women's lingerie and I get to see her try it on. No man card != gay like I was saying. Can't stand shopping for clothing.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
You sound like someone who wants to appear sophisticated as a means of attracting women. Only too late will you realize that this approach is essentially handing your future spouse your balls in a jar (they're called "Ball Jars" for a reason) for her to keep on her desk. If you're lucky, she might want to get them out and play with them... once a year or so. I'm not a shrink, but that's my take on you from this one post. :D

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: CycloWizard
You sound like someone who wants to appear sophisticated as a means of attracting women. Only too late will you realize that this approach is essentially handing your future spouse your balls in a jar (they're called "Ball Jars" for a reason) for her to keep on her desk. If you're lucky, she might want to get them out and play with them... once a year or so. I'm not a shrink, but that's my take on you from this one post. :D

Interesting take. But that would mean I would be repressing my real nature and putting on this front. I assure you I am not. This is 100% just me. I don't attract the ladies and don't have any experience. Notice I said I like to "look" at the womenz.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I'm pretty sure I'd have a strong dislike for you in real life for being so plain and seemingly weak. But that's just what I grasp from your description.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
I'm pretty sure I'd have a strong dislike for you in real life for being so plain and seemingly weak. But that's just what I grasp from your description.

Sounds like I would dislike you in real life too. Doesn't it just give you that warm tingly sensation to share something in common! Not sure I'd call myself "plain" or not though.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Interesting take. But that would mean I would be repressing my real nature and putting on this front. I assure you I am not. This is 100% just me. I don't attract the ladies and don't have any experience. Notice I said I like to "look" at the womenz.
I didn't mean to imply that you're acting, just that those are the likely results of being this way. Women always think they want to marry another woman until they find a man who is not manly. I think the Simpsons (or maybe it was South Park? I'm old :() did a show on this with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy turning everyone into metrosexuals.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: CycloWizard
I didn't mean to imply that you're acting, just that those are the likely results of being this way. Women always think they want to marry another woman until they find a man who is not manly. I think the Simpsons (or maybe it was South Park? I'm old :() did a show on this with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy turning everyone into metrosexuals.

Yeah I know the idea. Women want the nice guy but when push comes to shove their libido wants the tough guy. Meh probably true but I'm not changing who I am.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
who cares? as long as you are happy with what you got, and who you are, what's there to talk about? the hell with anyone that bashes you if you have no problem living the way you do

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
Thats the way! I share most of the things you said... I guess if I went all out some people would think Im gay, except I love women and I dont have any of those "happy" traits, if you get what I mean (hey, no offense to gay people, just saying)

I just dont give a shit what the standard person is like, and I dont give a shit about the difference between sexes... I have analyzed both sides and tried to come up with the best of each in my personality... By this I mean, I try to have the best about males and the best about females into one person, thats it, except that is only related to the way of thinking, because sexuality I am still 200% hetero

And let me tell you girls like it, I can have pretty much any girl I want... No I dont put them on a pedestal, far from it, I am too confident to bow down to any women, and no matter how special she is, she will always have to earn me

Bottomline is exactly what slayer202 said, just be who you think you should be, if youre not happy about something, work to improve it, if you are happy, ignore the idiots that envy you for being different :thumbsdown:

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
I'm with you on the pro sports thing b/c watching pro sports is dull. And I also love nature shows and nature in general, and good literature. I like cooking shows also, and am a good cook as well. I love food (not fat though). I am not social either, but that is where the similarities end as I am aggressive. I like to play sports (just not watch them) and I like martial arts, especially grappling as that was my sport in school. I also like tools and powertools and chainsaws and stuff. I dont care for violence, but my games are the fighters (SF series and VF) and FPS. RTSs are ok when I am bored.

Being gay has nothing to do with what you like except for liking a man's tail. Being aggressive has nothing to do with being manly either. You can keep your man card b/c if you have a penis and the thought of gaysecks shrivels your balls, you are in the clear. Of course I wonder if some would say that you can be gay and keep your man card also. As far as I am concerned, this whole man card stuff is ghey.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
It's just your personality.

Hey, look, you've got one, cool.

Aight back to neffing.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I don't like sports, I'm not at all aggressive. I'd rather watch a nature documentary than watch just about any sports game or hear more about the latest sports stats on just about any sport. The only time I enjoy watching sports is during the Olympics and even there my interest is more academic than anything. I've always felt the "jock" mentality to be almost completely alien. But in the same stroke I've never understood 'nerds', again too aggressive a personality type. I can't stand most rock/pop I prefer classical music. I don't like almost any movie targeted at men my age, action flicks, horror, shallow special effects extravaganzas. I've never caught on to the gorefest FPS extravaganza that seems to pass for your average game these days. I far prefer complex dramas, RPGs, adventure games and the like. I'm anti violence, anti death penalty, anti gun (well not entirely), anti conservative. I have long hair and would probably have been a hippie in days of yore, except I'm probably not social enough to have been even that. No I don't think I would pass the prelims for man card certification. But then I don't care to own one really. You could say that in everything but sexuality and mannerisms I'm a fairly gay man, not that I care, but I love watching the womenz.

How do you compare?

Yes the above is a bit of an exaggeration about myself but not hugely.
You are a delicate flower:roll:

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
Don't worry, I'm almost the same as you, except for a few parts (guns, long hair, complex dramas, from what I could pick out quickly from the post). Who gives a shit? Just be yourself, that's all I say.

(C)

edit: oh, and I don't know about being anti-conservative, because I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: pontifex
i couldn't care less about sports either
Yeah but are you going to post a thread questioning your masculinity about it like the OP? I bet not.