I Don't Know If Joe Can Do It

Page 87 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Believing unsubstantiated claims very strongly, as you do, doesn't change that they're unsubstantiated.

You've lost forever, and we'll take delight in knowing the US was saved from anti-democratic people like you.
If there's anything great about America (AKA the USA) it's the belief and adherence to the principals of government of by and for the people by virtue of fair democratic institutions, and a bedrock of this is fair and free elections. Given the preponderance of disenfranchisement efforts by some actors, bogus claims of election fraud, disinformation campaigns and vile propaganda machines, funded by the shady and self interested, battles loom. May the truth prevail.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Speaking of Mental Health, totally normal to refer to yourself in the 3rd person. FanaticalMeat tells me that all the time.

Remember these are Bill Barr’s words not an interpretation or “people are saying”

Not really shocking, but can I admit to some schadenfreude? Trump breaking down was poetic justice after his four years of selfishness and willful cruelty. There's something satisfying to knowing that he'll likely spend the rest of his days whining and moaning that he was 'cheated.'

Reactions: hal2kilo
Feb 4, 2009
Not really shocking, but can I admit to some schadenfreude? Trump breaking down was poetic justice after his four years of selfishness and willful cruelty. There's something satisfying to knowing that he'll likely spend the rest of his days whining and moaning that he was 'cheated.'

I think it is more of a branding thing. The former President is so concerned about his brand and he’s been so concerned about his brand he probably does this often.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
The thread is back!
Was I right or was I right?

What we have here in Joe Biden is another Jimmy Carter. And we all know what happened to Jimmy Carter, and if you forgot then 2022 will remind you, followed by 2024.

I put a lot of hope in Joe but sadly Joe just couldn't do it. And just winning the presidency alone is not "doing it" as we are now witnessing.
Here is the problem.... Joe's problem....

1. Joe can not convince his own party to go along with the game plan let alone convince republicans to go along.

2. People do not like a loser. Period! And at this point, Joe looks like a loser. His agenda is dead, his speeches are not enough, and the reason GW Bush made it thru two terms as bad as GW was, GW had that swank. That shit-kicker attitude. With Biden, again it has come down to attitude and Joe Biden is no shit-kicker nor a LBJ. Forgetting Vietnam, LBJ knew how to control his party and, LBJ was successful with doing that, again with forgetting Vietnam.

3. VP Harris. We never hear anything from or about VP Harris. I know the job of VP is a thankless job and lackluster job, but really? Kamala Harris will go down in history as Joe Biden's Spiro Agnew, minus the corruption. Spiro who? Kamala who? The "Me-Too" crowd should have never insisted that Joe pick Harris as his running mate. That investment is not paying out.

4. Mrs Joe Biden. Jill Biden is a doctor and a leader but where is she leading? The first lady should at least have some role as wife of the president. And after all, we heard and seen more of first lady Melania Trump than we have seen of first lady Dr Jill Biden, and Melania Trump was one of those first ladies who despised the spotlight.

5. The agenda. What agenda? The dead agenda? America wants that agenda, polls love the agenda, yet we will have no agenda. That.... is the sign of a weak leader and a weak leader never wins. Just ask Jimmy about that.
Ashes to ashes... dust to dust. End of eulogy.

(Trump Rally 10/8/2021) :confused_old:
245257221_10224390839391766_4546256083797903202_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Burpo

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Joe "looks" like a loser because the republicans are much better at propaganda than democrats and they will very soon obviously be the new Nazis. And the Nazis ruined europe. Because nobody saw how awful they would become. They made England look like losers and, eventually, England won.

Joe has actually been doing his fucking job unlike a certain someone who's name I prefer to use much less these days. And he's actually doing quite well considering the constant opposition he gets everywhere he goes. He promised to pull our troops out of the Great Quagmire and he actually did it, which the last three presidents could not. One of them flat out lied and said "Mission Accomplished" when it clearly was not. Another put in zero effort but thanks to his PR team managed to look good anyway.

Throughout history the vast majority of men who actually get shit done never look cool. And they dont look like traditional winners. Most winners look cool because someone with no name puts in a great deal of effort to make them look cool.

We are WAY too accustomed to a fat lazy blowhard putting all of his effort into spinning up the hype machine instead of doing his fucking job. We are so used to it that a president who actually does his job seems weird and off-putting. Politics is work.
Its fucking work and because the majority of America is horrifically ignorant and stupid they dont know that, and it really irritates me when millions of people with no real world experience and certainly no political experience can't actually see the real efforts of a working man and cry like toddlers because the propaganda machine tells them they aren't getting their way.

THATS HOW DICTATORS CONTROL YOU, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Joe Biden is not a loser. He just gets bashed incessantly by many news outlets.

I agree with you on Kamala Harris. I feel at this time, she is dead weight. But that could also be by design.

She went to Mexico and Guatemala in June and did not impress me. Jimmy Carter can speak passable Spanish and did so during his 1976 presidential campaign which excited many Puerto Ricans and other Spanish-speakers on the mainland U.S.

But Harris does not seem to be able to utter a word of the world's third most spoken language.

The reason why Biden's agenda seems to be dead is because of defectors in Biden's own party. And it is a shame.

But remember, it took a titanic effort for the Obama-Biden administration to get the Affordable Care Act passed. So many Dems in the House were terrified of losing their seats. Many lost them anyway.

I am not going to bash Dr. Jill Biden. She has legitimate achievements as did Michelle Obama.

Melania Trump? She is younger, had major plastic surgery and has big fake boobs. It's not so much that we heard from Melania. It's that news media was fascinated with her.

I'm not giving up on President Biden. The alternative is too horrible.

Reactions: jameny5

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
people with no real world experience and certainly no political experience can't actually see the real efforts of a working man and cry like toddlers because the propaganda machine tells them they aren't getting their way.
THATS HOW DICTATORS CONTROL YOU, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

This ^^^^^^ SO MUCH!

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
The thread is back!

What we have here in Joe Biden is another Jimmy Carter. And we all know what happened to Jimmy Carter, and if you forgot then 2022 will remind you, followed by 2024.

I put a lot of hope in Joe but sadly Joe just couldn't do it. And just winning the presidency alone is not "doing it" as we are now witnessing.

1. Joe can not convince his own party to go along with the game plan let alone convince republicans to go along.

2. People do not like a loser. Period! And at this point, Joe looks like a loser. His agenda is dead, his speeches are not enough, and the reason GW Bush made it thru two terms as bad as GW was, GW had that swank. That shit-kicker attitude. With Biden, again it has come down to attitude and Joe Biden is no shit-kicker nor a LBJ. Forgetting Vietnam, LBJ knew how to control his party and, LBJ was successful with doing that, again with forgetting Vietnam.

3. VP Harris. We never hear anything from or about VP Harris. I know the job of VP is a thankless job and lackluster job, but really? Kamala Harris will go down in history as Joe Biden's Spiro Agnew, minus the corruption. Spiro who? Kamala who? The "Me-Too" crowd should have never insisted that Joe pick Harris as his running mate. That investment is not paying out.

4. Mrs Joe Biden. Jill Biden is a doctor and a leader but where is she leading? The first lady should at least have some role as wife of the president. And after all, we heard and seen more of first lady Melania Trump than we have seen of first lady Dr Jill Biden, and Melania Trump was one of those first ladies who despised the spotlight.

5. The agenda. What agenda? The dead agenda? America wants that agenda, polls love the agenda, yet we will have no agenda. That.... is the sign of a weak leader and a weak leader never wins. Just ask Jimmy about that.

View attachment 51341

Uh, we aren't even through the first year, so no, you aren't even close to being right.

Are you capable of doing anything other than concern trolling?

Reactions: nakedfrog

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The thread is back!

View attachment 51341

Tell me you buy into right wing propaganda with out telling me you buy into right wing propaganda.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
A 50-50 Senate does this. Biden could at least do nothing if the GOP still had the majority.

Joe has actually been doing his fucking job unlike a certain someone who's name I prefer to use much less these days.

It was surprising that Biden actually said Trump in a speech last week. Apparently he has told his staff, that name can't be mentioned at all in the WH

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The thread is back!

View attachment 51341
Lol - the guy who was completely and totally wrong now wants us to know that THIS time they exact same pronouncements of doom are right.

Amusingly enough you’re using the exact same logic that the Trumpkins used before the 2020 election, that large rally crowd sizes indicated that Trump was going to win…right up until he lost by 7 million votes.

Why are you being a useful idiot?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Meh, at least Biden is more active than Keir Starmer. Starmer's useless, politically-invisible, far more interested in purging what's left of the left in his party than in actually opposing the government.

For a "centrist" Biden hasn't been that bad, so far.

I don't think Biden has said anything as stupid as "winning is more important than unity".

The bigger worry, surely, has to be just how far are the Republicans willing to go in undermining democracy next time? Seems clear they don't have as much confidence in their ability to win as sportage seems to have, or they wouldn't be constantly trying to undermine the system.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Uh, we aren't even through the first year, so no, you aren't even close to being right.

Are you capable of doing anything other than concern trolling?

His agenda is dead not even one year into his term and his poll numbers (currently) are in the tank. And then you have the fact that voting is essentially null and void in many GOP controlled states.

And you call that concern trolling? When do you think is the appropriate time to be concerned? After Democrats and all sympathizers are deemed enemies of the state?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
His agenda is dead not even one year into his term and his poll numbers (currently) are in the tank. And then you have the fact that voting is essentially null and void in many GOP controlled states.

And you call that concern trolling? When do you think is the appropriate time to be concerned? After Democrats and all sympathizers are deemed enemies of the state?
His agenda is dead? Where do you guys get this nonsense from? He's going to be signing two very large bills enacting large portions of his agenda sometime in the next month or so.

I swear, some people don't feel good unless they're feeling bad.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017

So you are jumping on the concern trolling train as well? Read fskimospy's explanation on how Biden's agenda is far from "dead."

Biden's ratings got hammered on Afghanistan, an event most people will forget about because nobody wanted to be there in the first place.

And his ratings got hammered on Delta, something that is already starting to improve after covid raged through the unvaccinated GOP sheep.

It is far too early to call Biden dead in the water. I actually think he has done quite well considering this nation's apparent desire to commit suicide via virus. Give it time.

Reactions: Burpo and gothuevos

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
His polling is so bad it's currently a full percentage point higher than trumps best EVER result during his 4 year term.

Shifting goalposts.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
His polling is so bad it's currently a full percentage point higher than trumps best EVER result during his 4 year term.

Shifting goalposts.
And remember, Trump's approval increase to that level showed how we were all screwed because he was going to win again.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The thread is back!

View attachment 51341
One side can be branded a loser when that side refused to resort to lies and conspiracy theories. Also when 52% of the Senate is representing 18% of the population it's hard to get anything done.

It's not over yet.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have been pleasantly surprised by Joe. I had VERY low expectations. The fact that we are out of Afghanistan is reason enough to say he has been the most successful president in a generation.

Reactions: Burpo and pmv

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
And remember, Trump's approval increase to that level showed how we were all screwed because he was going to win again.
On the other hand, Dems can't win a presidential election with just 50% of the vote.

Edit: Having said that, I don't know how any Democrat can be disappointed with Biden. He has been far more progressive than I ever hoped for. The only thing you can fault him on is that he hasn't yet been successful getting Manchin and Sinema on board, and I don't know how much I can blame him for that.

Reactions: Burpo

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Joe Biden is not a loser. He just gets bashed incessantly by many news outlets.
^ THIS so much! It’s driving me nuts. Good, normally reputable news outlets are curb stomping him. Eff that. I mean, like NBC - totally clueless on the facts; they are getting all kinds of stuff on Covid wrong - and then saying people are confused ; they would't be I’d you did your f**king job! Biden making ONE mistake isn’t the cause of these problems. And, US selling Nuclear subs to Australia - what, is Reuters to complicated for you??? Time to flush them all. The French have recalled their ambassador - can Biden keep NATO together over this unrelenting feud; yes you damn retards, yes he can - because we are STILL their last best hope in restraining Russian aggression in its various forms.

I'm stopping before I have a stroke.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
The only thing you can fault him on is that he hasn't yet been successful getting Manchin and Sinema on board, and I don't know how much I can blame him for that.

Time to burn those two to the ground. State and so national 'shame on you ads' for holding up and diluting two of the most critical bills towards ensuring the counties success in the future since the ACA (which has been sadly neutered too much). This is just too much bullshit.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I have been pleasantly surprised by Joe. I had VERY low expectations. The fact that we are out of Afghanistan is reason enough to say he has been the most successful president in a generation.

Which the media absolutely torched him for and put every lying Trump lackey and warmonger they could book on the air in the name of "balance".

Reactions: BurnItDwn