I Don't Know If Joe Can Do It

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
The Trump campaign has torched almost a billion dollars to run 8-9 points, on average, behind Biden. When the candidate is self sabotaging the campaign the money doesn't matter.

It seems a lot of the campaign money is being used on spending to enrich himself and his cronies. He’s literally fleecing his supports to line the pockets of himself and other. Honestly I feel the Trump campaign is one big money laundering operation at this point.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Did he not brag in 2016 that he spent so little and won? Maybe the Russians are not as effective as were 4 years ago. Brad Parscale probably got $500 million for his efforts. Grifters love grifters.

What is that kind of money being spent on? I cut the a couple years ago so I can't really tell if it's ad buys, etc. He's not having the huge rally events anymore.

Honestly, Trump probably knows he's going to lose, so he's illegally funneling as much campaign money to himself , family members, and companies.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It seems a lot of the campaign money is being used on spending to enrich himself and his cronies. He’s literally fleecing his supports to line the pockets of himself and other. Honestly I feel the Trump campaign is one big money laundering operation at this point.
Trump's "cost of living" should be an issue all by itself if not for the suck up Republicans. (I know it's just peanuts compared)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I've been sitting back and watching. I will readily admit that last fall and into this spring Joe looked done. He seemed far to foggy eyed and prone to incoherent old man screaming during the debates.

But the last month or two he's stepped up his game and is coming across as much more confident, inspiring and well...younger. There's still *A LOT* of time between now and November, but I feel much better about him now than I did in March.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
People don't vote for freedom. They vote for free stuff.

I think we learned something from Obamacare.. some people don't want free stuff if you get it too! (it might have something to do with the black guy's name on it too but they pulled that same thing with Hillary).

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
There's still *A LOT* of time between now and November, but I feel much better about him now than I did in March.

I know he's banking on a late October surprise but sooo many people will have voted by then this year with the explosion in absentee balloting due to COVID.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I know he's banking on a late October surprise but sooo many people will have voted by then this year with the explosion in absentee balloting due to COVID.
Does make the timing for the surprise more complicated doesn't it.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
fivethirtyeight is showing Biden with a 7.9% lead, down from a 9.6% high a few weeks ago.

I just looked at the site, but I cannot find this dip. The last article posted in this was on 7/16 and shows Biden with a 9.1 point lead. It even states it has been steady for the last month. What polls are showing the lead going down to impact the average by that much?

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I just looked at the site, but I cannot find this dip. The last article posted in this was on 7/16 and shows Biden with a 9.1 point lead. It even states it has been steady for the last month. What polls are showing the lead going down to impact the average by that much?

Literally on the front page of 538. Upper right box.....nat'l avg. of polls....Biden 49.6, Trump 41.8

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
fivethirtyeight is showing Biden with a 7.9% lead, down from a 9.6% high a few weeks ago.

National doesn't really show the whole picture. We need to watch the swing state ones.

And also Joe hasn't hit 55% as you'd expect with a 10 point lead.. it was always showing him between 48-51.. the 10% existed because it was Trump falling with Trump voters, so Trump will getting his 44% isn't out of the expected even though it makes people nervous.

Reactions: Roger Wilco

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Also a slew of low rated polls show biden at 7-8, with one (Rasmussen, GOP lean) showing him +2. Only 3 days ago mutiple polls from highly rated pollsters show him in 8-15 point range. I think the 1-point aggregate dip is due to that polling dump today, and probably isn't real. We'll see if it holds or goes back up in the next week.

I expect the polls to tighten around the conventions, they almost always do, but i think this might be noise.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Another poll (Spry Strategies) shows Biden trailing Trump in PA, only 1 point ahead in MI.

*shakes head*

Well in a way these polls are good.. cannot take things for granted.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Another poll (Spry Strategies) shows Biden trailing Trump in PA, only 1 point ahead in MI.

*shakes head*

Well in a way these polls are good.. cannot take things for granted.

Just look at their Twitter page. If you dig into those polls and the “pollsters” they are a hard right “polling”(PR) firm that works for the GOP, they don’t know how to write questions(these polls had extremely poorly worded questions) and they over sampled Republicans by up to 10% over 2016 numbers in some of those states. Their primarily client right now is a Trump Super PAC.

These have to be the polls Trump was talking about on Sunday with Chris Wallace.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Just look at their Twitter page. If you dig into those polls and the polling outfit they are a hard right polling firm that works for the GOP, they don’t know how to write questions(these polls had extremely poorly worded questions) and they over sampled Republican by up to 10% over 2016 numbers in some of those states. Their primarily client right now is a Trump PAC.

These have to be the polls Trump was talking about on Sunday with Chris Wallace.

It's just another version of alternate facts.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The people of Florida asked for this in their voting history for the last two federal elections. Maybe they will learn a lesson.

Obviously all the polls are fake and the governor of FL should keep killing people at the President's behest because it is popular.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Of course Joe can do it. The question is why none of the other Democrats could do it. My niece's husband and son told me around 2 years ago that the only person who could defeat Donald Trump was Joe Biden.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well he always did say he was gonna monkey it up. What'd you expect?
Yeah, he entered the White House on Jan. 20, 2017 with 18 monkey wrenches in his flack jacket. Such subtlety. The pandemic is kicking his dumb ass right out of office. He should never have passed through the White House doors. "I'm a tariff man." "I'm a wartime president." "I have done more for the black man than any other president in American history with the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln."

The guy makes me so angry.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yeah, he entered the White House on Jan. 20, 2017 with 18 monkey wrenches in his flack jacket. Such subtlety. The pandemic is kicking his dumb ass right out of office. He should never have passed through the White House doors. "I'm a tariff man." "I'm a wartime president." "I have done more for the black man than any other president in American history with the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln."

The guy makes me so angry.

Think of it this way- Trump is a very sick man who needs to be in a safe & secluded therapeutic environment Like St Elizabeth's hospital where they kept John Hinkley. Or the supermax prison in Florence, CO. Take your pick.

Reactions: Muse