House Repubs fail to pass DHS spending bill. DHS runs out of $

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
You do realize that those organizations survived long before DHS and did just a fantastic job right?

You do understand that DHS is just a umbrella for all of those groups. There is no defunding dhs without defunding them, because they are DHS.

Kr@cker

Feb 26, 2015
I don't see anyone arguing that. But I'm guessing that most people who are saying "good screw the DHS" are thinking about the TSA and not the other alphabet soup of agencies that roll up under the DHS today.

Or to put it more simply they are all part of the same budget.

My point is that they need to go away. There's no need to have one all powerful entity controlling the nations defenses. Waste of money and no one even talks about how they are the reason some people can't find ammo.

Kr@cker

Feb 26, 2015
You do understand that DHS is just a umbrella for all of those groups. There is no defunding dhs without defunding them, because they are DHS.

I understand completely. And you're not defunding everyone. You're dissolving the DHS as the umbrella. Why is this even being argued?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
My point is that they need to go away. There's no need to have one all powerful entity controlling the nations defenses. Waste of money and no one even talks about how they are the reason some people can't find ammo.

Peachy, although it has nothing to do with the topic at hand because neither side has indicated intent to do in the current fracas.

It's beside the point. You offer a red herring.

Your gripe about ammo is off base, as well. Buy all you want-

http://www.bulkammo.com/

Just one of many.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
I understand completely. And you're not defunding everyone. You're dissolving the DHS as the umbrella. Why is this even being argued?

Yes you are. Their is no separate funding for these without DHS. These have to be under some umbrella, and since they are related to security, they should be together.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You have no idea what you are talking. Homeland Security is just an umbrella for various agencies. All it is was existing agencies moving from different umbrellas to a single one. There is no defunding Homeland Security without defunding them, they are homeland security.

Yes, I do know what I am talking about. You children are the ones without a clue. Separate them into their own as they were before and then fund them as needed. For example the Coast Guard was under the Department of Transportation... We don't need no stinking umbrella.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You completely missed the point. None of those thing exist outside of the DHS any more.

No. Quite untrue. YOU missed my point in the original post that it should go back to the way it was BEFORE there was a DHS.

My, My, My you are slow.