House Repubs fail to pass DHS spending bill. DHS runs out of $

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Commence republicans futile attempts to convince Americans its obama's fault.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's amusing to see the Democrats support DHS now that it can be used as a talking point.

DHS BLAH BLAH BLAH BUSH BLAH BLAH!!!

Oh no, the Republicans aren't funding DHS! *hand wringing*

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
It's amusing to see the Democrats support DHS now that it can be used as a talking point.

It's amusing that Republicans can't face up to the fact that they have no leadership because the inmates are now running the asylum.

BLAH BLAH BLAH KINGOBUMMER BLAH BLAH BLAH LOL DEMOCRATS

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Hand ringing? Sounds more like laughing at the total failure that is the house republicans to fund an agency they created. It's right up there with filibustering your own bill!

But please do go on and tell is how democrats shouldn't be using the incompetence of the party of "no" as a political point because...well I'm sure you'll claim some sort of moral superiority!

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Wow,, no DHS and I'm still not scared of anything, what are we gonna dooooooooooooooooooooo!!?!!?!!!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Oh, please. Under the Bush era reorganization, DHS is responsible for a lot of things we all want.

http://www.dhs.gov/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Homeland_Security

Or maybe we should just fund DHS 3 weeks at a time forever, just so the Teahadists can have a snit fit platform.

Pneumothorax

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2002
Good riddance. Too bad the feckless TSA continues to function anyway. Screw leadership. Let the House of REPRESENTATIVES represent their constituents. Not the republican leadership.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
The House vote was a shocking twist to a dramatic day on Capitol Hill. For most of the day, lawmakers seemed poised to avoid a partial shutdown. The House cleared a procedural hurdle earlier in the day, indicating that final passage of the bill shouldn't be in doubt.

But when the legislation came to the floor, dozens of Republicans voted against it because the legislation doesn't address President Barack Obama's immigration orders. They were joined by nearly all Democrats, who opposed the measure because it doesn't keep DHS open through the end of the fiscal year.

lol

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
No work without pay. I urge all border agents, custom officers, and TSA employees to abandon their post at the end of day. Give the Republicans what they want.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
It's fun to watch Boner try to herd rats. I didn't care for ol' Hastert but he sure could whip the House Republicans into line. I think one of the undesirable side effects of gerrymandering districts is that there is no counterbalance to crazy people. In a fairly represented district, both parties have to have candidates who can appeal to both sides in order to win (the 'run to the middle', so to say). This seems to break down once a party has control of a congressional district since the races become members of the controlling party trying to outdo each other in whatever it is that will attract voters. In the case of Republicans, in too many areas they are trying to outdo each other in attracting the crazy vote to win. These types aren't for something unless they are for being against it because everything government does is bad. They aren't going to Washington to improve anything, they are there to make a name for themselves wrecking shit and thus getting reelected.

Gerrymandering is unhealthy for our country and something really needs to be done about it.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
now if they pass a bill getting rid of DHS i'll give them the credit :awe:

You must support 100% open borders, no patrol, no fence, no checks, no nothing. Time for zero security at airports, time for no checks on entry into the U.S.. Any one for any country should be able to come here at will. All members of ISIS should be welcome into here.

This is what you and the right want. This is what getting rid of DHS does.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's fun to watch Boner try to herd rats. I didn't care for ol' Hastert but he sure could whip the House Republicans into line. I think one of the undesirable side effects of gerrymandering districts is that there is no counterbalance to crazy people. In a fairly represented district, both parties have to have candidates who can appeal to both sides in order to win (the 'run to the middle', so to say). This seems to break down once a party has control of a congressional district since the races become members of the controlling party trying to outdo each other in whatever it is that will attract voters. In the case of Republicans, in too many areas they are trying to outdo each other in attracting the crazy vote to win. These types aren't for something unless they are for being against it because everything government does is bad. They aren't going to Washington to improve anything, they are there to make a name for themselves wrecking shit and thus getting reelected.

Gerrymandering is unhealthy for our country and something really needs to be done about it.

They're not trying to gather votes- they already have the votes in gerrymandered districts. What they're trying to get is a grip on that big ol' right wing funding titty for them & their cronies. Payoffs arrive in many forms from a myriad of directions.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
So no one's suppose to notice virtually all the Dems voted it down?

Fern

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
No work without pay. I urge all border agents, custom officers, and TSA employees to abandon their post at the end of day. Give the Republicans what they want.

I can promise you none of them give 2 shits what you urge.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
So no one's suppose to notice virtually all the Dems voted it down?

Fern

The surprise isn't that dems voted along party lines, it's that republicans failed to do the same.