Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 338 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
Yes most but not anyone. Arya for example. They have already let everyone know in the show she is going to do certain things...kill certain people...

Where have they done that? All they've done is let us know that she wants to kill certain people. Lots of people have wanted similar things in the show and ended up getting a sword to the head instead.

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
Also, remember that even prophecies in the show have not been reliable. Remember the woman that killed Dany's child to stop the prophecy of the stallion that was going to destroy the world or something like that? Time and time again GRRM has shown that what people say/believe in the show doesn't always have any real truth behind it.

But then sometimes a woman survives a funeral pyre and dragons pop out.

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
The red woman prophesized some things when she saw Arya. I dont remember the specifics but it did mean Arya isn't going anywhere anytime soon

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Dang, Little Finger is like a damn Sith inquisitor. And he just turned his apprentice to be to the dark side. :(

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I think it's going to be the little boy, who was the "best shot in his village."

yup yup, could be. tons of foreshadowing of that. So, maybe Jon kills the boy to stop him from killing Yggrite? and now Jon is an ass? :D

Or the boy kills Jon instead? Or Yggrite kills the boy and the cannibals eat him?

Hey, everybody! still no whitewalkers since the baby episode!

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
7. boltons take winterfell - great scene! who says this isn't a family show? "what do you see? the correct answer is: mine!"

Confusing choice of words. Theon took winterfell, and ramsay took it from him some time ago. All the action in this episode was Moat Cailian. Roose has been Warden of the North since Tywin appointed him. Winterfell is a husk, but it is the seat of the North.

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
Also, remember that even prophecies in the show have not been reliable. Remember the woman that killed Dany's child to stop the prophecy of the stallion that was going to destroy the world or something like that? Time and time again GRRM has shown that what people say/believe in the show doesn't always have any real truth behind it.

But then sometimes a woman survives a funeral pyre and dragons pop out.

Yes I see. Perhaps red woman's prophecy doesnt guarantee anything for Arya...

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
yup yup, could be. tons of foreshadowing of that. So, maybe Jon kills the boy to stop him from killing Yggrite? and now Jon is an ass? :D

Or the boy kills Jon instead? Or Yggrite kills the boy and the cannibals eat him?

Hey, everybody! still no whitewalkers since the baby episode!

The whole idea as I understand it is that the White Walkers are coming down, which is why Mans was able to rally all the Wildling tribes and march south in the first place. I'm half-wondering if the Wildlings will spend a few episodes besieging Castle Black and the white walker armies show up behind them halfway through or something. Would certainly make things interesting.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003

Hey, everybody! still no white walkers since the baby episode!
Spoiler alert: it's going to be like this every season. Remember how many battle scenes we saw when Robb was attacking? I don't expect we're going to get much story development out of them, so it's just battles. CGI and lots of men and armor and swords and retakes and $$$.

We'll get 1-2 big scenes with them a year, even when they get south of the wall. It'll be "we heard the white walkers took over so-and-so, how tragic", or be shown a town in decimation after they hit it.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
that guy is skilled at carrying large boulders or small junkyard cars down a 100ft track. Still not sure why he was cast as a badass warrior. It's like watching King Hippo.

They wanted to make the weight of the Mountain known.

In all fairness, real plate armor and that two-handed sword would be under 100lbs more than likely and the Mountain could have moved faster.

Most would be here posting "he is moving too fast in FULL PLATE!"

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
hm.. grey worm not fully castrated. explains why the other unsullied picked him as leader.

but if even if he only has 1 ball, shouldn't he be bigger/stronger?

I wonder where the show is going w/this?

Castration doesn't change urges. It just stops fatherhood.

The point was he wasn't fully emasculated meaning he still has a working dick.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
It makes some sense, he lost his head. Remember he wasn't fighting this for practical reasons, he was fighting it out of emotion. Given how deeply he feels about his sister, I can see how in the heat of the moment, after the fight of his life with adrenaline pumping through him in addition to unfathomable rage, he lost his edge and made a stupid mistake.

Honestly his only real mistake was standing on top of the mountain, in ripe position for a reversal. Given the afore-mentioned factors clouding his judgement, he probably made a snap decision that the mountain was down for the count, as he had been lying on his back for some time. Any other man probably would have been down for the count, and correspondingly his instincts overrode his reason.

QFT his emotions got him, like they do the rest of you.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I don't buy Dany banishing Sir Friendzone. felt forced.

I would have figured she'd forgive him. spying was in the past. would have figured she'd see that he is truly loyal to her?

betrayal is real, she lost her child and her husband over it.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
I know. but in this discussion, it is what happens if the Mountain dies from poisoning in the fight? He wasn't completely dead, when Tywin proclaimed the punishment--though pre-smashed Oberyn was taunting the Mountain "You are dying, but don't die yet." something to that effect.

So either the regular puncture wound isn't as bad as Oberyn thought when he said that, or he knows more about that spear than we do.

I just want Oberyon's death to "mean something" to him. He of course didn't want to die, but at least making the Mtn confess to his actions before dying is the completion of the big mission of revenge on the Mtn. Killing other Lannisters was on the bucket list but at least one guy got checked off.

I did rewatch the fight scene. In the middle, Oberyon appears to get a stab in under the chest piece right when he starts to gain control of the fight. He then gets a good slice in behind the Mtn's leg in (possibly slicing the tendon as he can't stand after that point). Then finally there's the big impalement in the center of the chest where he keeps the blade in for a bit and the Mtn spit's up some blood. He is just bleeding out at this point and Oberyon didn't expect him to have that much energy other than a dying breath implication of Tywin.

It would be a very GRRM thing to have the Mtn survive though and that's why I worry.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Maybe GRRM will bring out some crazy deus ex machina to this series. The star that was supposed to be Khal Drogo's and Dany's son, crashes into their planet ending the series.

It's not just who will die next, or will your favorite character die. Guess what. Valar Morghulis! All men must die!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 10, 2005
Maybe GRRM will bring out some crazy deus ex machina to this series. The star that was supposed to be Khal Drogo's and Dany's son, crashes into their planet ending the series.

It's not just who will die next, or will your favorite character die. Guess what. Valar Morghulis! All men must die!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't freak if it ended with an alien mech invasion or some other means of crashing and burning, as long as I get my all-musical episode first.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Just watched the ending of the episode again.

Gotta give Lena Heady credit. That smirk at the end? The absolute perfect mix of bratty sister and psychotic uber-bitch.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
wow, unbelievable end. But in retrospect it matches perfectly with all the previous surprises...