Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 486 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
If they follow anything from the books, my guess is it's not a who but a what. And that what is something dragon related (and not dragon glass or Dragonstone exactly.)

I'm thinking one of two things. One I can't mention due to books but the other could be Tyrion's head, since Cersei wanted it after he killed Tywin. But there could be a third, since they like to fark with us all the time.

Reactions: UNCjigga

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
The Hound killed it as usual, so did Arya, Dany didnt speak, always a good thing. Too much of Samwells routine, Euron acted like Captain Jack, Not enough of Tormund & Brianne, Sansa is beautiful but a cold fish. Sorry, short on time this AM.

Sansa's an idiot. Someone who grew up in a castle should know that when kings are making king-decisions, that other people keep their cake-holes shut unless asked.

That said, I'd support Lyanna for queen of the seven kingdoms. She owned everyone as usual.

Reactions: umbrella39

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Varys wants a targarian back on the throne.
But he tried to poison the dragon queen in season 1?

Also wtf that dany going into dragon stone 1st?
She should have sent scouts to the beach and Castle

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Sansa's an idiot. Someone who grew up in a castle should know that when kings are making king-decisions, that other people keep their cake-holes shut unless asked.

That said, I'd support Lyanna for queen of the seven kingdoms. She owned everyone as usual.

Real talk, the name Lyanna is now in the running, should my wife and I ever have a daughter. That girl has more ferocity than all of the men in that room combined.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Real talk, the name Lyanna is now in the running, should my wife and I ever have a daughter. That girl has more ferocity than all of the men in that room combined.

They did a great job casting that girl. She's a really good actress as far as 11 year olds go.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
All the Mormonts are pretty much badass.

Anyone else think that Cersi is going to continue following in the mad kings footsteps and light the city up with Dany attacks?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Wrong. It made it's point extremely well. Sam is in his own version of hell now - a disgusting tedium.
Not wrong at all. I'm not complaining about what the montage showed, I'm complaining that it was a stupid montage. It was completely out of style for the show. It had no place being presented in that manner.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm thinking one of two things. One I can't mention due to books but the other could be Tyrion's head, since Cersei wanted it after he killed Tywin. But there could be a third, since they like to fark with us all the time.

Does it involve a musical instrument?

Nov 29, 2006
Wrong. It made it's point extremely well. Sam is in his own version of hell now - a disgusting tedium.
1dxet4.jpg

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
I only had a few problems with the episode:

I thought Arya's revenge was kind of cheesy. Too perfect.

Sansa's extreme change in demeanor: speaking out against Jon during a war meeting was...drastic. Did she suddenly grow a pair overnight? I guess I have to rewatch last season if this was setup more gradually.

Sam finding that treasure map showing buried dragonglass was to easy. Ahoy matey, I will find the buried treasure with thus map!!!!arrrrrrrr!

No Tyrion

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
I only had a few problems with the episode:

I thought Arya's revenge was kind of cheesy. Too perfect.

I was thinking, why no one asked Lord Walder (Arya) where Lothar and Black Walder were?

Meh, at least they got rid of all of the Freys. :D

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Except for that friend-zone lizard-skin in the jail cell that scared Sam :)

With the exception of when he is crying about being friend zoned he is awesome. Good fighter, knows a lot of shit and is practical.

Wouldn't the grey scale actually help you in combat? I mean who is going to want to be in close combat with someone that is basically a walking bio weapon?

Reactions: Homerboy

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
the North remembers!

is this first episode to have a scene prior to title music rolling?

Season 1, episode 1. Cold opening (in every sense of the word) with the rangers venturing out beyond the wall and running into the White Walkers.

Strong opening episode. Loved Arya kicking Frey ass, lots of Sandor, Cersei and Euron, Jon and the northmen, Lyanna Mormont still killing it, Sansa and Baelish and especially Arya with the Lannister soldiers. EVERYTHING clicked except the Sam arc. Way too much time spent there. But overall a 9/10, hope they keep this up all season.

Last edited:

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

My first thought was that it was Tyrion's head. Cersei certainly wants him dead, but other than removing him as a Dany ally that really doesn't accomplish much or help her. She is, as Jaime pointed out, surrounded and there's no army left anywhere on Westeros that is currently a free agent and big enough to help her.

Supposedly Gendry is making a return this season, but it seems unlikely that he's the gift. Euron wouldn't know about him (other than some sort of Deus ex machina event where he was picked up by Euron when rowing away from King's Landing and that would be freaking stupid at this point) and him being alive doesn't help Cersei anyway. Cersei would want Robert's bastards dead as much as Joffrey did.

So I'm betting it's something from the books. There's nothing else that Euron could come up with that's a game changer.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
They did a great job casting that girl. She's a really good actress as far as 11 year olds go.

This is her first role too, she had NO experience. And the voice she's doing is a fake accent, not her normal speaking voice. VERY talented, the last actress I saw that impressed me so much at such a young age was Natalie Portman in Leon.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris