Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 485 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
ill bite.
why?

If the "Fuck my life" part, It's because they're talking about taking a whole extra year between this coming season and the next. I really enjoy the show and would love to see the ending, with my health of late I'm not 100% sure I'll be around in 2019 or in any shape to enjoy this show that I've so enjoyed for years now.

If it's the "why are they talking about delays" per the article there seems to be some possible scheduling conflicts which really sucks.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
One more week.

My wife and I just finished watching Season 5 again last night - was to be the weakest season. We'll be watching Season 6 this week in preparation for Sunday night!

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
My wife and I just finished watching Season 5 again last night - was to be the weakest season. We'll be watching Season 6 this week in preparation for Sunday night!

I've started re-watching Season 6 again to get up to speed on where things stand in preparation for the S7 premiere. And I take issue with your belief that Season 5 was the weakest because Season 6 is pretty damn bad too. Spend two minutes watching the Sand Snakes coup in Dorne and you just have to laugh at what happened to the series. At least it ended strong so that there's hope for the new season to turn things around.

FreshCrabLegs

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2003
Is romance in the air for season 7?

Stay tuned!

Game-of-Thrones-Season-7-Tormund-and-Brienne.jpg

Winter is finally here!

Reactions: Pick2

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
bah, no more HBO! I will probably have to wait ~1 month into this season to spend the $9 monthly through Amazon, so that I can catch up and then watch the final 3 episodes as they happen. ....must. avoid. thread.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
bah, no more HBO! I will probably have to wait ~1 month into this season to spend the $9 monthly through Amazon, so that I can catch up and then watch the final 3 episodes as they happen. ....must. avoid. thread.
Why'd you cancel?

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
the North remembers!

is this first episode to have a scene prior to title music rolling?

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
Wow, nice start !!! That right there is some coldly served revenge.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
solid opening episode, getting all the pieces into place

however that poo montage could have been shorter, we still would have gotten the point

dmoney1980

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2008
Great episode with an awesome opening scene! I wonder who the prize will be that Euron provides to Cersei, maybe one of the sand snakes or Olenna Tyrell?

The divide between Sansa and Jon is staring to grow. I hope it doesn't get to a point where one of them ends up dead in large part of Littelfinger's doing.

Edit; and holy crap whitewalker giants!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Great episode with an awesome opening scene! I wonder who the prize will be that Euron provides to Cersei, maybe one of the sand snakes or Olenna Tyrell?
No book talk means no book talk.

AT Moderator ElFenix

Last edited by a moderator:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

He was on an episode of Top Gear! :oops: Surprisingly, I was wondering if that was him too, and I've never heard his music... or at least heard it and knew it was his. (I might have heard it playing on a friend's radio or something.)

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Tormund's hungry eyes is still going on and it makes me warm and fuzzy.

dUzkZAc.jpg

Last edited:

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
The Hound killed it as usual, so did Arya, Dany didnt speak, always a good thing. Too much of Samwells routine, Euron acted like Captain Jack, Not enough of Tormund & Brianne, Sansa is beautiful but a cold fish. Sorry, short on time this AM.

Reactions: WT

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
The Samwell montage was stupid, out of place and.... stupid.
Ed Sheeran being in it was just stupid as well. I like the scene -- showed Arya realizing that not all "enemies" are bad. These are normal people thrust into being soldiers for a family they don't give two shits about.

All in all I LOVED the episode though. So much great dialogue and one-liners. Incredible table-setting for the season.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Fantastic episode, worth of the hype it received.

Arya humanizing the 'enemy' was a great and much needed piece of character development for her.
Jon and Sansa rift is concerning; hopefully that doesn't fester.
Jamie is real AF.
Hound's character continues to develop; some of the best acting Rory has done in the show.
DGAF about Samwell -- should have been obvious that Dragonstone had fucking dragon glass.
Tormund and Brienne fire continuing to grow.
No words from Dany; probably for the best.

Shit's gon' get real.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Fantastic episode, worth of the hype it received.

Arya humanizing the 'enemy' was a great and much needed piece of character development for her.
Jon and Sansa rift is concerning; hopefully that doesn't fester.
Jamie is real AF.
Hound's character continues to develop; some of the best acting Rory has done in the show.
DGAF about Samwell -- should have been obvious that Dragonstone had fucking dragon glass.
Tormund and Brienne fire continuing to grow.
No words from Dany; probably for the best.

Shit's gon' get real.

Correct on all accounts. Dany did talk though right at the end, and her words were poignant and incredibly fitting.

And we knew there was dragon glass on Dragonstone as Stannis mentioned it early on at the wall if I recall.

Last edited: