Fiance doesn't think I should be mad after she smashed my car

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: SampSon
Originally posted by: sniperruff
Originally posted by: Baked
Liars. So much easy to say how calm you'd be in the same situation when it's not you.

cars are easily replaceable (in this case, it's just dented), a woman who'd be with you is not.
Contrary to popular belief, women are easily replaceable. I've had more women than cars.
On top of that, women can (and almost always do) get fat, cars don't! heheh

No, they just get old, slow and outdated. And if you live in NY they rust to hell.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Mike
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: Lucky
Originally posted by: DougK62

Make her pay the deductible.

That's doesn't much matter when our bank account is shared. I'll be paying for it regardless. BTW, the estimate was $860.

You lucked out. This was $1,800 to fix.

Are you playing the meow game with this thread? :Q

Its like the 4th time you've shown us all the same picture. ;) :p

Nobody commented on it. Wasn't sure if anyone noticed it. :laugh:

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
:thumbsup: I'm glad you've worked it out with the gf. All that anger does is hurts her and eats you up inside. What's done is done.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Incidentally, what's wrong with bays 1 and 2 in the garage?? Is it an apartment and someone else has those bays? I was just under the impression that since you kept saying "house" rather than apartment, that you owned the whole thing. In that case, why don't you move whatever is stored in bay 1 over to bay 3?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Golden Rule. Let's say you backed into your neighbor's car instead, would you want him to come out and start screaming at you? Trust me, once you're married, you'll do something that will upset her (accidentally kick her cat, kill her houseplant, imply she's getting fat, etc) and you'll probably wish that she would show you some kindness.

OTOH, since others have pointed out the "get mad at her, no sex for you" angle, think of it from the other direction - namely that you might not want to make a habit of screaming at someone who might soon get mad right back at you and take 1/2 your stuff, including your fvcked up Scion.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sure I'd be pissed, for the first 20 minutes.

Then we would just figure out how to get it fixed for the least ammount of money.

Sh!t happens.

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Originally posted by: Lucky
So my fiance was taking my scion tc to the doctor today..

No ******? Around here we take our cars to a mechanic or something. :p

I'd be pissed too, you have every right to be.

this comment is far funnier than what I came up with

CHOPPER GOD

Apr 14, 2005
Sounds like a slight over-reaction on your part BUT...BUT ...if you ARE the MAN of the house, what you say goes......all these other fags in here are worried you wont get blowjobs or laid again...I have heard of such 'men' without bawls....be stern and authoritive but don't really be an Icehole either...its just a car...scare her a little bit-then your 'forgiveness' will mean that much more....Tell her you were 'wrong' for 'overracting'...kiss her then bend her over the couch and tap that a$$....I'm not kidding......Take your woman and bend her over....WWMRD...."what would Mickey Rouke Do"

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: CHOPPER GOD
Sounds like a slight over-reaction on your part BUT...BUT ...if you ARE the MAN of the house, what you say goes......all these other fags in here are worried you wont get blowjobs or laid again...I have heard of such 'men' without bawls....be stern and authoritive but don't really be an Icehole either...its just a car...scare her a little bit-then your 'forgiveness' will mean that much more....Tell her you were 'wrong' for 'overracting'...kiss her then bend her over the couch and tap that a$$....I'm not kidding......Take your woman and bend her over....WWMRD...."what would Mickey Rouke Do"

Who the hell is Mickey Rouke? :confused:

Yeah, you were doing good up 'til then. :laugh:MAO

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: Doboji

What you should really do:

Buy the woman some flowers... tell her you're sorry for yelling at her. Tell her she's far more important than the car. Then call the insurance company and get your car fixed...

/thread

you can't be ****** serious. That sets the type of trend for all future arguments.
1. "oh honey I made out with some other guy".
2. 1 hour later "you're still mad at me? ****** you then"
3. OP buys wife flowers, apologizes for being mad about her knob-schlobery on other guy.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: CHOPPER GOD

LOL!

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I don't see the big deal here... just ask her pay the deductible and any increases in your car insurance out of her "shoe and makeup" fund.

If she actually makes good on her mistake, you got a keeper! Odds are that she'll get pissed off and cut off your poon privileges just for suggesting it, though. Sigh... Women.

ta8689

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Doboji
Originally posted by: ta8689
Borrow her truck and smash it into every light post on your street. Then when shes about to have a seziure on the driveway while she looks at it, just say "hey, its just a car, dont get so mad over it" Then proceed to smash out every window with a baseball bat.

You're single aren't you?

nope, girlfriend for almost two years. were happy as can be :)

ta8689

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Borrow her truck and smash it into every light post on your street. Then when shes about to have a seziure on the driveway while she looks at it, just say "hey, its just a car, dont get so mad over it" Then proceed to smash out every window with a baseball bat.
:confused:

there is a difference. she didn't do it on purpose.

Well had she backed over some little kid's head and splattered his brains all over the driveway, so it was an accident... shes still going to jail for murder. The car is still dented...

LOL, you're an idiot. Accidentally killing someone in a car wreck or something DOES NOT EQUAL MURDER. Do you even know what murder means?

How does the court know she didnt wait for him to walk onto the sidewalk to pick up his baseball before she slammed on the gas and ran him over? bah sorry.... i like to make up weird scenarios....

Winchester

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Get over it. You cant do anything about it now. No sense in getting mad. She made a mistake, whoop t do. If you cant get over little things like this how do you think your marriage will be.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: SampSon
Everyone on this forum must be zen masters, or just full of sh!t up to their eye balls.

JulesMaximus: You've posted the same thing at least 4 times, you need to stop.

Finally some sense in this thread.

And you need to stay on her ass. If you just let it slide she'll start to think it's okay to fvck up, and stuff like this starts to become a regular occurance.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Incidentally, what's wrong with bays 1 and 2 in the garage?? Is it an apartment and someone else has those bays? I was just under the impression that since you kept saying "house" rather than apartment, that you owned the whole thing. In that case, why don't you move whatever is stored in bay 1 over to bay 3?

We live in a 2flat, we live downstairs, another couple lives upstairs. The first bay is used by the renter next door (the landlord owns both properties). 2nd bay is renter upstairs. Since we wanted to have two cars, the only solution that would allow us to park both cars without moving one when the other wanted to get out is to use bay 3. You are not allowed to park on the street overnight here, and I keep about 20K in camera equipment in my car during the day. We wanted to keep both cars off the street without the hassle of moving them constantly, so we took bay 3.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: glenn1
Golden Rule. Let's say you backed into your neighbor's car instead, would you want him to come out and start screaming at you? Trust me, once you're married, you'll do something that will upset her (accidentally kick her cat, kill her houseplant, imply she's getting fat, etc) and you'll probably wish that she would show you some kindness.

OTOH, since others have pointed out the "get mad at her, no sex for you" angle, think of it from the other direction - namely that you might not want to make a habit of screaming at someone who might soon get mad right back at you and take 1/2 your stuff, including your fvcked up Scion.

Thanks glenn. that's ultimately what made me rethink my position-after reading this thread. I thought, what would I want her to do if I had done the same thing to her. It's something I need to do more often. :)

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Like I said in my earlier post....either you guys are all full of sh!t, or are all pansies.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
you have the right to be angry for about 15 minutes, no more.

She just doesnt seem to understand how things like that affect you.

When my gf laid her backpack carelessly on my 2400$ subwoofer and left a .5mm dent in the wood finish, I yelled at her. She proceeded to tell me I was over-reacting. I then proceeded to show her the difference in selling price of a mint subwoofer and one that had a tiny dent on audiogon. 800$ difference. She became very apologetic after I asked her for $800 sarcastically.

If people, in general, don't understand the value something holds whether it is sentimental or financial, they will pass it off and insist that nothing is wrong except you being pissed off.

If the girl is apologetic, and offers to fix it to the best of their ability, I would be simply annoyed, not angered. It is only when people do not take full responsibility for their actions when I get angered.