Do you think bin Laden was responsible for the attacks on 9/11/01?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Was Bin Laden responsible for the 9/11/01 attacks?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Sure they did. In each case, the government either accomplished what it set out to accomplish, or it kept each operation secret long enough to protect those involved.

Irrelevant, as the project was still kept a secret from the general public, which is what we are talking about here.

Yes, MK-ULTRA was outed by Congress, but not for a whopping 20 years. Again, 20 whole years. Think about all those hundreds, maybe thousands of insiders who had knowledge of a massive CIA program that was both highly immoral and completely illegal, and none of them developed enough of a conscience to go to the press with the story. So why should anyone believe the modern CIA is any different?

Anyways, it took the U.S. government 20 years to come clean on MK-ULTRA, and it's only been 11 years since 9/11. Maybe in another nine years we'll get something other than bullshit.

LOL. What are trying to say here? That the CIA would somehow be opposed to using Americans as cannon fodder, even though the CIA has a long documented history of using Americans as unwitting test subjects in their many gruesome MK-ULTRA experiments?

Cognitive dissonance, is that you?

I have really tried to see things from your point of view, but I just cannot seem to manage to jam my head up my own ass.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
White Flag? LOL, You see a lot of things the way they couldn't possibly be, I don't see why this should be any different.

Either way, I still throttled you in this discussion, since you couldn't seem to contest anything I said in my recent response to you.

You're no challenge for me, so I think I'll focus on the other government truthbots.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Either way, I still throttled you in this discussion, since you couldn't seem to contest anything I said in my recent response to you.

You're no challenge for me, so I think I'll focus on the other government truthbots.

You go on thinking that. Hopefully some day you might actually get why the vast majority of the population came to a differen't conclusion than you did other than you thinking you are smarter than everyone else. There actually is a reason why the news media and Government doesn't persue your conclusions and it isn't because they are in on it.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
You go on thinking that. Hopefully some day you might actually get why the vast majority of the population came to a differen't conclusion than you did other than you thinking you are smarter than everyone else.

LOL.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

- Mark Twain

There actually is a reason why the news media and Government doesn't persue your conclusions and it isn't because they are in on it.

Yes, because we have such an honest media and government.

LOL.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011

No, you're just immune to reason.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012

Because the government and those who control it had more to gain from one lie than the other.

Because a small terrorist attack wouldn't have been as deadly or dramatic as the 9/11 operation.

Just compare the impact of the first World Trade Center bombing with 9/11. Many people forgot about the first, but they'll never forget the second.

So they could have gone bigger and more elaborate to really piss off the citizenry.
I suppose so, and the powers that be could be saving an even larger attack for a time when the American people have become jaded by the War on Terror.

All you have is innuendo and possible motivations but you don't have evidence.
Neither do you, but that doesn't stop you from believing the government approved 9/11 conspiracy theory.

We also have the fact that the conspiracy you believe in makes no fucking sense. You have to stand on your head balancing a watermelon on your toe to get yours to work. Its a house of cards.
Actually it makes perfect sense. My theory makes far more sense than yours and doesn't need to rely on a bunch of ridiculous coincidences to make it work, as your conspiracy theory does.

Unfortunately for you, you are the one that needs evidence since your claim is so whacko, absurd and ridiculously preposterous.
No, your claim is far more absurd, since it involves caveman mastermind super villains, amateur pilots pulling off expert flying maneuvers in commercial airliners, and other shenanigans that don't pass the sniff test.

When everything is a conspiracy you have to look yourself in the mirror and say "I'm a fucking loon".
Well, since you believe in a 9/11 conspiracy yourself, based around the theory that Al-Qaeda conspired to attack the World Trade Center, this must mean you are a fucking loon too, right?

Admitting the problem is half the battle. Sometimes stuff is just as it appears.
And sometimes stuff is the opposite of what you think it is.

Haven't you ever been fooled before? Haven't you ever been so sure about something and then found out you had it all backwards?

This is one of those times.

Oswald killed Kennedy...
LOL, yes, with a magic bullet, I'm sure.

The Kennedy assassination was another government coverup.

we went to the moon...
I'll buy this one. I saw a shuttle go up once, so how much more difficult could it be to escape Earth's orbit and fly the 100,000 miles to the moon?

Hitler killed millions of Jews...
Sure, by prosecuting a pointless war Germany couldn't win.

But there's no fucking evidence for the Holohoax. Sorry, I've looked.

and Al Qaeda was responsible for the attack on 9/11.
No fucking evidence here either.

Those are all the most plausible explanations and the fact that you seem to side with the whacko explanation says more about you than it does about anybody else.
Who says those are the most plausible explanations? Plausibility is subjective. I say your explanations are the wacko, implausible ones.

Could it have been Bush? I guess so but the evidence has to be iron clad before people will believe it. (most people) Even if the evidence fits conspiracy and traditional explanations equally you'd have to go with traditional because what the conspiracy theory requires you to believe. That Bush would potentially kill 50,000 people just so he could go to war.
This is where you go completely off the rails with this shit. Presidents are merely puppets, especially empty-suit presidents like G.W. Bush. Bush wouldn't have been the one to make the call on 9/11. His only role would have been to sell the official explanation (which he might have truly or partially believed) to the public and not put his foot in his mouth.

The call for a 9/11 false flag would have come down from the elites behind the Military-Industrial Complex, National Security State, and the influential think tanks and NGOs that formulate much of our domestic and foreign policy. Operationally, it would have been planned and carried out by the Pentagon and CIA, with a possible assist from foreign intelligence services.

Last edited:

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Says the guy who hasn't done any reasoning at all in this thread.

LOL.

There's a very good reason for that. I've watched the amount of unreasonability and sheer fucking crazy in this thread, thought "fuck that shit" and not bothered to wade in. It's not worth it.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Oswald killed Kennedy, we went to the moon, Hitler killed millions of Jews, and Al Qaeda was responsible for the attack on 9/11.

You forgot that Obama was born in Hawaii, and Islamic immigrants aren't the vanguard of a secret war.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
"Could" the government plan and execute such an attack? Of course. They "could" have proof of aliens too. Hell, they "could" be aliens. They "could" have proof that intelligent llamas planned and pulled off 9/11.

Governments around the world have been planning and carrying out false flag attacks since, well, forever. So it's interesting that you would frame the idea of a government false flag attack alongside nonsense like aliens and terrorist llamas.

Only someone with the mind of a child could regard the concept of government treachery and deception as unlikely as "terrorist llamas".

But wild speculation is meaningless without at least some solid proof and you have none.
Neither do you.

Do you comprehend that fact? You don't have an iota of evidence.
Neither do you.

Rampant anti-government paranoia isn't evidence...
Neither is rampant pro-government bootlicking.

Besides that, you don't even stop to think how this grand plan would have to have been executed. According to your beliefs it would have had to have been planned by the government when Bush Sr was in office, or even before that, then passed along by Clinton as well as numerous heads of the CIA and agents.
LOL, straw man. I never said the 9/11 plan was a direct product of the George H.W. Bush administration, nor did I say that it would have been passed down to Clinton, either.

Stop lying.

That's not to mention these amazing ninjas that snuck into all 3 towers, magically planted tons of demolitions without leaving a trace and, in the case of WTC1 & WTC2, miraculously placed those explosives exactly where the planes ended up striking so those buildings would begin the collapse from the same exact point. Then, like dissolving stiches, any and all trace of demolitions magically disappeared once the towers collapsed.
On the contrary, a U.S. government false flag plan would not necessarily be dependent on a World Trade Center controlled demolition. It's entirely possible that the towers fell for the exact reasons NIST said they did, but that wouldn't necessarily mean that the government had no involvement or didn't set the whole thing up.

Anyone who actually begins thinking truther claims through soon recognizes the impossibility of their claim. Apparently truthers don't care to employ any sort of critical thinking though because doing so would burst their little loony bubble.
Unfortunately for you, you've shown nothing I've said to be impossible.

But it's always fun to watch you impotently try!

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
There's a very good reason for that. I've watched the amount of unreasonability and sheer fucking crazy in this thread, thought "fuck that shit" and not bothered to wade in. It's not worth it.

Yet here you are, wading in anyway.

I take it you're senile, eh?

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Ya, don't go by hard evidence, go by a gaff from a reporter.

Multiple reporters, from multiple countries, all saying the same thing as if it were fed to them. Yeah, just bury your fucking head in the sand some more.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Multiple reporters, from multiple countries, all saying the same thing as if it were fed to them. Yeah, just bury your fucking head in the sand some more.

Well, since the narrative was fed to them, you don't have much of a point there, sparky.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Well, since the narrative was fed to them, you don't have much of a point there, sparky.

So you mean them reporting the collapse of a tower that was never struck, and supposedly collapsed due to a small fire and a huge cloud of dust, a half hour before it fell is not suspicious because the story was fed to them beforehand?

Brilliant.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
So you mean them reporting the collapse of a tower that was never struck, and supposedly collapsed due to a small fire and a huge cloud of dust, a half hour before it fell is not suspicious because the story was fed to them beforehand?

Brilliant.

First off, you two should learn a little bit about what it takes to demo a building. See all the cuts that are needed to support beams, (in a building like that you need to rip all the drywall out around the beams) all the det cord all over of course placing the explosives. Now all this has to go on undetected to the people in the 3 buildings for probably a couple weeks before 9/11.
Pull that off undetected and you performed a miracle.
Now after the explosions, have all the evidence removed from ground zero. That means hiding it completely from all the rescue workers bystanders and TV crews. That means all the pieces of det cord and pieces of beans that were cut for the explosives. Pull that off and you have a miracle of miracles.
Of course they couldn’t do that. There wasn’t enough time and surely someone would have seen something. That would mean they were in on it. All the hundreds of people who have dedicated their lives to serving our community (fire fighting, police, ambulance and emergency response) are all in on the scheme so Bush could get his little rocks off. Believe that for even a second and you are a colossal dumb fuck.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I saw a picture of a news cast the other day with the text at the bottom reading "Shuttle is flying 11 times the speed of light". Was that a mistake (as in, it isn't true) or a sign that the government can fly the shuttle at that speed?

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
First off, you two should learn a little bit about what it takes to demo a building. See all the cuts that are needed to support beams, (in a building like that you need to rip all the drywall out around the beams) all the det cord all over of course placing the explosives. Now all this has to go on undetected to the people in the 3 buildings for probably a couple weeks before 9/11.
Pull that off undetected and you performed a miracle.
Now after the explosions, have all the evidence removed from ground zero. That means hiding it completely from all the rescue workers bystanders and TV crews. That means all the pieces of det cord and pieces of beans that were cut for the explosives. Pull that off and you have a miracle of miracles.
Of course they couldn’t do that. There wasn’t enough time and surely someone would have seen something. That would mean they were in on it. All the hundreds of people who have dedicated their lives to serving our community (fire fighting, police, ambulance and emergency response) are all in on the scheme so Bush could get his little rocks off. Believe that for even a second and you are a colossal dumb fuck.

What does any of that have to do with Tower 7? And how does me noticing that they reported 7 as down when it was standing still make me a dumb fuck?

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
What's really scary is that 21 people voted no.
The minority is always right, has lower time preference, and is more creative. Bin Laden had no hand in it. He was too soft to do it and he just wanted liberty for his people... he would've admitted to it FFS. George W Bush's Admin simply lied about him like Churchill lied about Ghandi. Bin Laden wasn't quite Ghandi, of course, but the two men were kind of similar in that they were "holistic visionaries" and the fact that they could inspire the young. So some people may have been too fanatical about Bin Laden, but he was not responsible for the attacks in any way and even his most fanatical supporters were not the ones who did the damage on 9/11/01... it's kind of like how Dr. Paul isn't responsible for his support from David Duke.

Anyway, it takes a super high IQ to be able to post like Juror No. 8 does.:) His posts will always have more substance than my own.