Democratic Primary Poll (Formerly Warren or Gabbard)

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Warren or Gabbard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He was born to run.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/03/beto-orourke-cover-story?verso=true

BETO-
Looking for reasons to even get excited.

Reactions: Blackjack200

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Ask CNN? I hear they are an evil right wing media.

Well they are corporate, so they love the Trump tax breaks which fuck over the former middle, now working poor class.

Never underestimate the power of greed by the super rich.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Man, Dems look to be putting that 2016 Republican clown car to shame

View attachment 4288
Yeah a lot of those haven't declared yet and I bet a few are there because a friend of a friend of friend said they heard someone say they were going to run.

I think it is telling that not a single one of them even remotely excites anyone. Even die-hard Bernie fans recognize he is too fucking old now. Big pharma either currently has or will have a serious grip on at least half of them by the time this is over. Our government is basically a charade at this point. A tragic comedy, if you will.

Nov 8, 2012
Yeah a lot of those haven't declared yet and I bet a few are there because a friend of a friend of friend said they heard someone say they were going to run.

I think it is telling that not a single one of them even remotely excites anyone. Even die-hard Bernie fans recognize he is too fucking old now. Big pharma either currently has or will have a serious grip on at least half of them by the time this is over. Our government is basically a charade at this point. A tragic comedy, if you will.

Plus, look at all that diversity ;)

Reactions: brandonbull

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Here is an interesting story from the Intercept... something about Bernie's problem with his support with black voters....
https://theintercept.com/2019/03/06/bernie-sanders-black-voters-2020/
THREE WEEKS AFTER launching his presidential campaign, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is leading all other announced candidates in support from black voters, a new poll finds.
This of course was before Biden announced and according to the article only Biden led Bernie in the poll the story is about *Blankslate goes hmmmm* (silly 3rd person reference)
but one questions the timing of it. I guess.
Also Kamala Harris according to the poll had only have the support that Bernie did... another reason to get Biden to run I suppose.

Here is a Poll that shows some positive change for Bernie
https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/documents/monmouthpoll_us_031119.pdf/
among the interesting things from it.
Monmouth-Poll-01.jpg

Monmouth-Poll-02.jpg

question 15 is interesting even some Clinton supporters from 2016 are beginning to support her 2016 opponent although more still support Biden...
I'm willing to bet if Biden was ran in 2016 and became the nominee he'd be President... /shrug

Reactions: Blackjack200

Stryke1983

Jan 1, 2016
Man, Dems look to be putting that 2016 Republican clown car to shame

In 2016 you had Trump and Ben Carson (being a neurosurgeon, or whatever he was, doesn't excuse the complete lack of competence in basically every other area he was ever asked about) who have to be two of the stupidest people to ever run for president. Then you had Cruz and Christie, who are the epitome of the slimy politician stereotype and who are golden examples of denying the truth (climate change and others) to attract votes and just outright corruption. That blows any other field of potential candidates out of the water, and that's just the first ones that came to mind. I'm sure it would get worse if I actually went and looked into it.

The Dems could nominate the guy in the mascot outfit from my local high school football team and they'd still have a comfortable lead in the "which primary has the least number of fuckwits" competition.

Now, as a disclaimer, there are a bunch of those potential candidates who I don't know about regarding details on their policy manifesto. But the original point still stands, unless half of them turn out to be flat earthers it's not gonna get any worse than what we saw last time.

Reactions: Bitek and dank69

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
If Tulsi gets the nomination, she has my vote.

Democrats who stand firm against America's middle east adventures.
Yes, that would be nice. I think we have some options there.
But I understand her moderate appeal, I just worry if she is not well spoken enough on stage.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Beto beat out Bernie in first 24 hours of funding. 6.1 million. Now comes the long slog to next spring and who can continue to fund raise and keep momentum.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Democrats who stand firm against America's middle east adventures.
Yes, that would be nice. I think we have some options there.
But I understand her moderate appeal, I just worry if she is not well spoken enough on stage.

Have you watched her speak or take questions from our pro-war media? She handles herself amazingly well having to re-explain her positions to the nitwits in our media who think we should be bombing everywhere.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
With oppo research coming out against Beto so quickly I'm starting to think he should be the guy. Seems to be scaring some powerful people. I still can't say anything bad about Tulsi either so she is an easy second choice for me. At the same time I haven't seen anything really exciting from her either. Some of the Dems just need a fast redirect straight to the exit though. Kamala, I'm looking at you and anyone over 65. Maybe even 60. Booker I could maybe get behind if he came straight out and renounced his big-pharma relationship and stuck to it. Absent that, fuck right the fuck off. Same for any other candidate with even a hint of the same smell.

Nov 8, 2012
With oppo research coming out against Beto so quickly I'm starting to think he should be the guy. Seems to be scaring some powerful people. I still can't say anything bad about Tulsi either so she is an easy second choice for me. At the same time I haven't seen anything really exciting from her either. Some of the Dems just need a fast redirect straight to the exit though. Kamala, I'm looking at you and anyone over 65. Maybe even 60. Booker I could maybe get behind if he came straight out and renounced his big-pharma relationship and stuck to it. Absent that, fuck right the fuck off. Same for any other candidate with even a hint of the same smell.

I'm going to be honest when I say this... Ted Cruz kinda pwned him at the debate last year. He stumbles and bumbles when it comes to speeches IMO. He was clearly getting VERY butt-hurt and flustered during the debate.

...And Ted Cruz is a complete dumbass, so if you can't handle him then goodluck.

We will see when he starts getting more spotlight. I was watching PBS and there was already some people talking about how he made some kind of wife joke that some people were getting upset with?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Cruz is most certainly *NOT* a dumbass. Far from it. He's a monolithic prick for sure, but dumb? Absolutely not. He's not a guy you want to try and debate. Smart and ruthless is a bad combination for the opponent to succeed.

Reactions: Bitek

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Gillibrand's town hall on Chris Hayes tonight was better than I expected. She is an interesting combination of not being scared of speaking shit of Trump and still holding back tears when talking about the shooting in New Zealand. I won't sleep on her campaign.

Reactions: Bitek

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Gillibrand's town hall on Chris Hayes tonight was better than I expected. She is an interesting combination of not being scared of speaking shit of Trump and still holding back tears when talking about the shooting in New Zealand. I won't sleep on her campaign.
She also has proven to be capable of owning her past poor judgment and changing decisively.

She might not have the kind of narrative that sells papers, but she seems to want to be a good public servant and it would be great if that mattered more.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
She also has proven to be capable of owning her past poor judgment and changing decisively.

She might not have the kind of narrative that sells papers, but she seems to want to be a good public servant and it would be great if that mattered more.

Yup, that was my takeaway too. She was a lot more feisty and engaged than I had seen her previously. I think she is sort of the best personality mixes of Harris and Warren while being younger than Warren and whiter than Harris. I don't think she'll sell as well in the rust belt as say Klobuchar, but she'll do better than other two I mentioned.