Delicate snowflake GOP congressmen triggered by painting. Need a safe space

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Except that's not what the painting is about.

The painting, by recent high school graduate David Pulphus, depicts a scene inspired by the 2014 events in Ferguson, and other recent protests against police led by African Americans.

So yeah it kind of is, and as such it presents a very one sided perspective. To say there are no issues would be ridiculous, there are aplenty, but all parties need to take ownership, unless the goal is to further drive a wedge in the community.

But I'm fine with it, it sends a message however maybe not quite what those who placed this on the wall intend. It represents our society in so many ways.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
You didn't answer the question, and your dismissive attitude is an indication to me that your responses are arbitrary talking points reacting to a boogey man I never entered onto the field. More commonly known as a knee jerk reaction.

Your posts here largely pose "both sides equal", and I addressed why they're not. Seems you're very intent on focusing on how you may or may not have been insensitive to consider what leads up to that, namely why that drunk is no longer an equal to other drivers. It was perhaps never meant for you to understand why that assumption of equality is wrong, same as for the fox news crowd's fair and balanced.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Different individuals have different emotions/ideas/beliefs about what value is actually value.

In this case, a simple purposely painted expression of emotion, creativity, or meaning is more than sufficient to be considered art.

Of course what individuals favor differ, but generally like most other fields some expertise is beneficial. The only instructive reveal here is the know nothing crowd blustering with pride of its irreparable ignorance.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Your posts here largely pose "both sides equal", and I addressed why they're not. Seems you're very intent on focusing on how you may or may not have been insensitive to consider what leads up to that, namely why that drunk is no longer an equal to other drivers. It was perhaps never meant for you to understand why that assumption of equality is wrong, same as for the fox news crowd's fair and balanced.
I did nothing of the sort. It is possible to acknowledge that two parties in a dispute are wrong, but also recognize or acknowledge not equally so.

Criticism of something is not an assertion of equivalence.

Perhaps it is that I am holding up a mirror and you cannot accept that the drunk is you.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I did nothing of the sort. It is possible to acknowledge that two parties in a dispute are wrong, but also recognize or acknowledge not equally so.

Criticism of something is not an assertion of equivalence.

If you can finally understand the parties here are hardly equal and why that came to be, then my job is done. If not, consider the scenario where jews remained the german underclass, why efforts to repair such a situation might perceive slights thrown one way differently than the other.

Perhaps it is that I am holding up a mirror and you cannot accept that the drunk is you.

Are you suggested you're the aggrieved party here?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You're the one having a fit over a painting...

"OK, I'm done you want to think of human excrement as "Art". It's fine with me."

I thought you said you were done with this thread - also wondering, why did you edit this grammatical masterpiece out of your original post? Didnt think quick enough while you were outraged and forgot how to English? You're too much of a whiny wise and beautiful woman getting offended over an art piece (of all things) that you need to shit your opinion and make it known you're offended - ironically - just like the regressive left you retards seem to hate yet love projecting yourselves against.

As others and I have said again, feel free to fvck off with your useless triggered opinion over a painting and stop being a little bitch about it.

The edit was a mistake when I posted the additional....

Where did I "have a fit" about it? You are the one ranting cursing at people and calling names. I have been calm cool and collected. You on the other have have been throwing a fit so to speak. Read through your previous posts.

Don't like my post? Do us both a favor and place me on ignore.

Last edited:

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
The edit was a mistake when I posted the additional....

Where did I "have a fit" about it? You are the one ranting cursing at people and calling names. I have been calm cool and collected. You on the other have have been throwing a fit so to speak. Read through your previous posts.

Don't like my post? Do us both a favor and place me on ignore.

You just don't stop. If you want to add me to your ignore list, go ahead. I'm not going to get offended over a painting and then start blocking users when they tell me my opinion is stupid. You're still in a fit I see because you've been told to stop posting here, you said you were done and it looks like you're still going. Heck you've edited your posts and even removed parts, probably trying really hard not to look offended.

Reactions: MajinCry

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You just don't stop. If you want to add me to your ignore list, go ahead. I'm not going to get offended over a painting and then start blocking users when they tell me my opinion is stupid. You're still in a fit I see because you've been told to stop posting here, you said you were done and it looks like you're still going. Heck you've edited your posts and even removed parts, probably trying really hard not to look offended.

I'm not the one calling names or having a fit.
I said earlier the painting looks like shit, but it doesn't offend me in the least.
Only a Moderator can "tell" me to stop posting here. Certainly not you or another member.
You don't like my post, so I made an obvious solution to you problem, Ignore Me.

You and others are butt hurt because you like human excrement as art. I say it is disgusting and sick.

I also explained my edit above.

Keep up.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
I'm not the one calling names or having a fit.
I said earlier the painting looks like shit, but it doesn't offend me in the least.
Only a Moderator can "tell" me to stop posting here. Certainly not you or another member.
You don't like my post, so I made an obvious solution to you problem, Ignore Me.

You and others are butt hurt because you like human excrement as art. I say it is disgusting and sick.

I also explained my edit above.

Keep up.

You're very triggered I see, editing your posts, wanting to block people because they told you your opinion sucked, being a sore loser and continuing arguing even when told by others to leave (you even said yourself you were done with this thread) and now bickering like a little child, "only mods can tell me to leave."

I'll say it again: fvck off with your spineless, triggered opinion.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
That is "ThreadArting" By the way.I didn't bring up the human waste as art someone else did. Take it up with them.

If you don't like my post don't read them. They have an ignore feature for that very purpose.

ThreadArting not found.

You just seem outraged, so I guess it evoked an emotion.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
ThreadArting not found.

You just seem outraged, so I guess it evoked an emotion.

If anyone is outraged it would be the greatnoob above who is ranting calling names and cursing. Nothing but cool and collected here.

Seems my opinion really bugs him, a lot.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You're very triggered I see, editing your posts, wanting to block people because they told you your opinion sucked, being a sore loser and continuing arguing even when told by others to leave (you even said yourself you were done with this thread) and now bickering like a little child, "only mods can tell me to leave."

Lets address your points one at a time:

I never said I wanted to block anyone in this thread. I suggested that you block me If my posts bug you.
I didn't loose anything so I have nothing to be sore about.
Nobody of any importance told me to leave.
I did say I was done, But I am enjoying our conversation too much to quit.
Where did I bicker like a child. I only stated the truth. You can ask me to leave, but you cannot make me leave.

Why are you so angry?

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
It is a disgusting piece of filth. Regardless of what the idiot that made it says.

No, there isn't any "whoosh" to it on my part.

This turd is passing off body fluids as art and stupid people are buying it hook line and sinker. There is the Whoosh if there is any.

I guess you and VG bought into it. It is so sad.

What is up with all the name calling and baiting? Not triggered, but it sounds like you were in your post.

I never once mentioned religion. My opinion has nothing to do with my religious beliefs.

Enjoy your excrement. :)

You seem to really hate this piece of art that you keep coming back to this thread no matter what lol. Life must be very tough for you being this offended over an object that you have to constantly inflate your ego by posting in a thread where your opinion's already been dismissed.

I find it very interesting that you say you're triggered not because of your religious beliefs but for some other vague reason you haven't bothered explaining, yet seeing as how you ARE a Christian (see laughably retarded post I dug up below) you seem to really hate this piece of art. Are you offended by the piece because you're a sensitive old geezer or just one of those deluded Christian hypocrites who can't handle criticism yet loves to criticise others?

i am not muslim i am christian

i think muslim religion wrong.

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
Lets address your points one at a time:

I never said I wanted to block anyone in this thread. I suggested that you block me If my posts bug you.
I didn't loose anything so I have nothing to be sore about.
Nobody of any importance told me to leave.
I did say I was done, But I am enjoying our conversation too much to quit.
Where did I bicker like a child. I only stated the truth. You can ask me to leave, but you cannot make me leave.

Why are you so angry?

I'm not going to be a sensitive bitch and block somebody because I don't agree with them - this sounds an awful lot like what your buddies have done in this forum.
You did "loose" in life with shitty spelling like that. You also seem to have "loose" your ego seeing as how you just keep coming back and threadcrapping despite you, yourself, agreeing to leave the thread a couple of posts ago - you're making it blatantly obvious how triggered you are.

I don't think you're enjoying this conversation, I think you're trying really hard to prove to me (and yourself) you're not a triggered Christian and that you're better than those regressive-leftards despite whining like a bitch over a painting much like they would! Pass that through your thick skull for a second mate.

"Where did I bicker like a child. I only stated the truth. You can ask me to leave, but you cannot make me leave."
Exactly something a bickering child would say

Reactions: ivwshane

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I'm not going to be a sensitive bitch and block somebody because I don't agree with them - this sounds an awful lot like what your buddies have done in this forum.
You did "loose" in life with shitty spelling like that. You also seem to have "loose" your ego seeing as how you just keep coming back and threadcrapping despite you, yourself, agreeing to leave the thread a couple of posts ago - you're making it blatantly obvious how triggered you are.

I don't think you're enjoying this conversation, I think you're trying really hard to prove to me (and yourself) you're not a triggered Christian and that you're better than those regressive-leftards despite whining like a bitch over a painting much like they would! Pass that through your thick skull for a second mate.

"Where did I bicker like a child. I only stated the truth. You can ask me to leave, but you cannot make me leave."

Spelling police too I see.

I'm not even discussing the painting. We were discussing ( well you were ranting ) about how my opinion is that human excrement isn't art and is disgusting. That is where you came in raving and calling people names.

Thinking body fluids and excrement is disgusting has nothing to do with religion. How far back did you have to go to get that cherry picked quote of me saying I am a christian? Why didn't you post the entire thing so we can get some context?

Your turn.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I guess if you didn't have Jesus' cock up your ass you'd see it in a different light, you easily-triggered wise and beautiful woman.

Well then, feel free to fvck off retard.

You're the one having a fit over a painting...

"OK, I'm done you want to think of human excrement as "Art". It's fine with me."

I thought you said you were done with this thread - also wondering, why did you edit this grammatical masterpiece out of your original post? Didnt think quick enough while you were outraged and forgot how to English? You're too much of a whiny wise and beautiful woman getting offended over an art piece (of all things) that you need to shit your opinion and make it known you're offended - ironically - just like the regressive left you retards seem to hate yet love projecting yourselves against.

As others and I have said again, feel free to fvck off with your useless triggered opinion over a painting and stop being a little bitch about it.

You seem to really hate this piece of art that you keep coming back to this thread no matter what lol. Life must be very tough for you being this offended over an object that you have to constantly inflate your ego by posting in a thread where your opinion's already been dismissed.

I find it very interesting that you say you're triggered not because of your religious beliefs but for some other vague reason you haven't bothered explaining, yet seeing as how you ARE a Christian (see laughably retarded post I dug up below) you seem to really hate this piece of art. Are you offended by the piece because you're a sensitive old geezer or just one of those deluded Christian hypocrites who can't handle criticism yet loves to criticise others?

It seems you have an anger problem. LOL

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
It seems you have an anger problem. LOL

No I'm just an Australian and my original post seems to check out, you are a butthurt Christian who has (unfortunately for you) taken Jesus' _____ up his ____ too hard. Not only do you get triggered over a painting (no surprise you're a Christian!) but you're also very sensitive to big bad adult words (don't worry I replaced them with spaces for you to fill out). Perhaps you should step out of your safe space and realise a painting or some inflammatory language isn't going to kill you. BTW you don't have to hide the fact you're a triggered, Christian Republican with very little to no education - your posts show this much already, mate.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
No I'm just an Australian and my original post seems to check out, you are a butthurt Christian who has (unfortunately for you) taken Jesus' _____ up his ____ too hard. Not only do you get triggered over a painting (no surprise you're a Christian!) but you're also very sensitive to big bad adult words (don't worry I replaced them with spaces for you to fill out). Perhaps you should step out of your safe space and realise a painting or some inflammatory language isn't going to kill you. BTW you don't have to hide the fact you're a triggered, Christian Republican with very little to no education - your posts show this much already, mate.

You are one funny little man. I'm not even discussing the silly painting...

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
You are one funny little man. I'm not even discussing the silly painting...
Hope I didn't hurt your tiny feelings old pal, I'll leave you to your safe space where no paintings will hurt you and you can freely criticise without being criticised about your stupid beliefs, shoddy grammar and horrendous spelling.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Yeah, he keeps coming back...like a moth drawn to a flame. Or, maybe a better example would be like a dog digging up cat turds, just can't help himself.