Delicate snowflake GOP congressmen triggered by painting. Need a safe space

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I read a number of articles on this one lately and the ACTUAL story is that it's a FALSE NARRATIVE (evil cops just pickin' on black folks who #dindunuffin) and is apparently violating the rules of the contest it won.

...but in true "progressive" fashion, they've re-spun the narrative again to make their friends look like victims, and those wanting fairness to look like the abusers.

*sigh* It's getting downright tiresome... but keep it up "progressives". The more you sh*t everywhere, the less people will tolerate you.

Were these stories you imagined or do you have links? :)

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
First of all, You have no idea what I can and cannot handle.

And your second paragraph is just you attempting to make yourself seem intelligent.

But what ever makes you seem like a better person... Regardless of your "intellectual" babble it is not art. It is human waste.

Triggered.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I must be a Liberal, because all this trouble about some picture in an art contest leaves me indifferent.

Art is a representation of the artist's point of view. If some congressman's point of view or perception of reality was so opposite the rendering by the artist, what's to get upset about?

Oh. I forgot. Anybody remember an artist of the Mexican Revolutionary Period named Diego Rivera? The turmoil he caused for a depiction of Lenin in New York's Rockefeller Center?

And Rivera is memorable for something he said: "All Art is Propaganda." Propaganda!? My God! That's a word from the Catholic Church!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Triggered.

He is so triggered he can't walk away from the conversation he has said he was going to walk away from a couple of times now. Its like having a twitter disagreement with Trump.

What is up with calling everybody that responds to your post as "Triggered".

I said I was finished once and then started having fun with the greatnoob, so I changed my mind.

IMO you guys are the ones getting triggered to respond to my post. It all depends on which side of the fence that you are on doesn't it. Silly people.
:)

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
What is up with calling everybody that responds to your post as "Triggered".

I said I was finished once and then started having fun with the greatnoob, so I changed my mind.

IMO you guys are the ones getting triggered to respond to my post. It all depends on which side of the fence that you are on doesn't it. Silly people.
:)

You should learn to multi quote someday to begin with, instead of your usual 5 or 6 posts in a row of simplistic responses.

Is why I didn't bother responding to you the other day to begin with, you operate on a level I really can't relate to.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
What does me being a Christian have to do with any of this?

Poop and Urine are not Art.

Easy. I already said, you should try reading my post...but here goes again: Christian faith requires quite a bit of mental gymnastics, and leaps around logic and fact. Yet, art baffles you.

Before you jump to any conclusions, here's some context. I was raised in a strong protestant household, and much of my family are still church going protestants. I also graduated from a Christian school. So from 0-18 years old, I was saturated in Christianity. But what did I lack? Faith. I couldn't do enough mental gymnastics to ignore the questions that can't be answered and just believe.

Ok, I hope you made it this far in the post.

You should view art like Christians view the Bible. Art is art due to the perception and/or interpretation by the person viewing it. That's just what it is.

This can also be compared to Christianity. View Art the same way Christians view the Bible.

How do you think Christianity has been split into so many denominations? Perception and interpretation of scriptures create different view points by man.

So for you to sit there and say "I don't get why this is art" is either:

A. No one has ever explained to you what art is, will be, can be, etc...

B. You're being intentionally daft for the purpose of this Pissed Christ thing.

edit: googled "Art Definition" for you also: https://www.google.com/search?q=art&ie=&oe=#q=art+definition

Google is your friend.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'm not saying that people on the right don't get offended. I don't even really have an issue with being offended by something. My issues is with the self-righteous attitude that many on the left have. The left - 'We're sooooo tolerant! Sooooo morally superior! Soooooo together!' ZOMG!!!! some guy looked at me in a way I don't like! I feel violated! Trump got elected!!!! ZOOOOMMMMG!! I need classes / exams canceled!!! I need puppies!!!! I need coloring books!!!! I need to find a person wearing a nappie pin on their lapel so I know I can get a safe hug! Oh FFS! someone on the LL Bean board made a private donation to a candidate I hate!! Let's destroy that company!!

Look. I'm no Trump fanboy; I've said that several times. You want to hate the guy? Be my guest, it's your right! But don't act all bloody superior (not saying you personally, ch33zw1z) and rag on a group for doing something that many on your team do in spades.

I hear ya. Both sides of the political spectrum having foaming-at-the-mouth members.

WRT this topic, my experience in life is opposite of yours, as in that's more like the Con's I encounter. But maybe that has to do with location.

Consider this, I'm in MA (registered Independent), which is a solid blue state. So maybe the Con's up here, there are a few, feel persecuted or on the outside on a regular basis. Vise Versa in the red states.

I've visited other parts of the country, and much of my travel time was spent in Atlanta. People from all over the country (and world at times) went there for training. My experiences as a northerner varied. Thinking back on all the people I remember, there's a couple southerner/Midwesterners that come to mind. One dude from LA state was about my age (now mid 30's) and was cool as hell....but that was one dude. There is a handful of people I can remember who were not cool at all. From TX, OK, MO (at least those three)....and they were foaming at the mouth with political angst. Yes, this was during the Obama presidency.

I guess my point is that people like that are out there. And after the last 8 years of, quite frankly, very unprofessional behavior from the Con's....it's not going to be a surprise that the Lib's are upset after this last election.

Not only did the Con's vote in what could be the worst possible candidate that they had to offer this year, the Con base seems to be completely at ease with voting someone in that's not really on anyone's side but his own. Someone who will likely makes things worse for American's and other countries abroad. To me, it seems the Con's want to "make America great again" but don't really know what made us great to begin with.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Easy. I already said, you should try reading my post...but here goes again: Christian faith requires quite a bit of mental gymnastics, and leaps around logic and fact. Yet, art baffles you.

Before you jump to any conclusions, here's some context. I was raised in a strong protestant household, and much of my family are still church going protestants. I also graduated from a Christian school. So from 0-18 years old, I was saturated in Christianity. But what did I lack? Faith. I couldn't do enough mental gymnastics to ignore the questions that can't be answered and just believe.

Ok, I hope you made it this far in the post.

You should view art like Christians view the Bible. Art is art due to the perception and/or interpretation by the person viewing it. That's just what it is.

This can also be compared to Christianity. View Art the same way Christians view the Bible.

How do you think Christianity has been split into so many denominations? Perception and interpretation of scriptures create different view points by man.

So for you to sit there and say "I don't get why this is art" is either:

A. No one has ever explained to you what art is, will be, can be, etc...

B. You're being intentionally daft for the purpose of this Pissed Christ thing.

edit: googled "Art Definition" for you also: https://www.google.com/search?q=art&ie=&oe=#q=art+definition

Google is your friend.

I fully understand what you are saying, and I did earlier also. I ( like you with religion ) cannot do enough mental gymnastics to perceive anything involving human waste as any type of art.

I think anyone that can is just shall we say "special" and leave it at that.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You should learn to multi quote someday to begin with, instead of your usual 5 or 6 posts in a row of simplistic responses.

Is why I didn't bother responding to you the other day to begin with, you operate on a level I really can't relate to.

I have a habit of responding as I read through. I guess I should read through the thread first.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Guys, why are you still talking to him?

1 - He admitted he is threadcrapping.

2 - He's repeated the less-than-nothing he has to say on this topic several times. Do you honestly think he's going to reform his opinion or elaborate on his opinion in some insightful way?

3 - He's even given you the best advice: JUST IGNORE HIM.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Guys, why are you still talking to him?

1 - He admitted he is threadcrapping.

2 - He's repeated the less-than-nothing he has to say on this topic several times. Do you honestly think he's going to reform his opinion or elaborate on his opinion in some insightful way?

3 - He's even given you the best advice: JUST IGNORE HIM.

He does have the most appropriate profile pic in the forum though.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Let's put up a painting of a Muslim with a pig face hacking off the head of an infidel and see how well that flies, OP. Or maybe a bunch of Chicago gang-bangers with rabid dog faces shooting each other.

Now who's triggered?

Yes, I was being sarcastic to make a point. It's perfectly acceptable for a lib to get offended and lash out at the slightest provocation, but God forbid a non lib expresses their offense at anything done by a lib. Libs are the true fascists, which is why I'll never be one even if I agree with them on certain issues.

Just a heads up that the paintings are in large part designed to evoke these predictable emotions out of you and this fellow blustering simpleton:

First of all, You have no idea what I can and cannot handle.

And your second paragraph is just you attempting to make yourself seem intelligent.

But what ever makes you seem like a better person... Regardless of your "intellectual" babble it is not art. It is human waste.