Deeko's 2010 NFL Predictions!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Deeko, Sep 9, 2010.

1. SP33Demon

SP33Demon Lifer

I think they'll hit 9 wins but only IF McNabb, Portis, and the O-Line stay healthy. That is a lot to ask given their histories.

2. bunnyfubbles

bunnyfubbles Lifer

That's quite a skill too considering one of the teams you pick is almost always the Cowboys. If only you would just throw your silly bias away you might actually have something.

Again, doesn't stop you from picking the Cowboys, but I guess you'd be right, picking Colts vs. Cowboys every year would get old.

3. Deeko

Deeko Lifer

2008 it turns out I was wrong on both fronts - but looking back, every other year I've had a Superbowl team. I also pointed out in last year's thread - I pick the Colts more than I do the Cowboys. Granted, they've had more success to back up those picks, but other than this year & 2007 I've picked the Colts to not only be in, but win the Superbowl pretty consistently.

I seem to be better at picking the AFC than the NFC as a whole. Whether that's a product of my Cowboys bias, or because the AFC has dominant teams and bad teams, whereas the NFC is more of a crapshoot, or both..I don't know.

True. His point is "the Dolphins did it a few years ago when they hired Parcells, why can't we?" He is missing the fact that Parcells has made a reputation for going to a team, ripping it apart, installing all his former players/coaches, and quickly turning them around. I'm not saying Shanahan is a bad coach. Just that Parcells was able to do that because, well, its what he does. We don't know of Shanahan can do that.

4. gimmewhitecastles

gimmewhitecastles Golden Member

The AFC has been either Pats, Steelers, Colts for the last 7 SBs. There is more parity in the NFC. That's why the cowboys don't make it to the SB even though they are picked to win it every year. ;)

Deeko, did you watch NFL live last night? Teddy Bruschi also picked the the Cowboys over the Bengals in the next SB. I guess your'e not the only one drinking the kool-aid.

In defense for Shanahan, he still was somewhat successful with Jake Plummer.

#129 gimmewhitecastles, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  5. gimmewhitecastles

That Cincy-Dallas superbowl prediction looks a little silly now doesn't it. :cool:

6. Deeko

Deeko Lifer

Its not looking that way at this point. Its been a rough start for a lot of preseason favorites. The Colts are barely winning, the Saints are barely winning, Minnesota and Dallas have all been way below expectations.

7. AMDZen

AMDZen Lifer

LOL, right

Dallas is always way below expectations and will not, and can not get to a super bowl with Wade Phillips as their coach much less win one.

I can't believe so called "experts" still believe in this team.

8. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

[​IMG]

Even better -- all three stooges:

[​IMG]

9. Deeko

Deeko Lifer

He's off to a good start, but 5 solid games doesn't make you a superstar quarterback. Hell, just ask Derek Anderson.

The Cowboys have a lot of talent, but they're beating themselves. Penalties, stupid mistakes at stupid times...they could have easily won all three of those games. There's no excuse for some of this crap - like the last play of the 1st half against Washington, when they called a hail mary that was very unlikely to succeed, then Romo decided to dump off on a screen, then Choice decided he could break tackles. All three were stupid decisions.

I think Jason Garrett is a bigger problem than Wade Phillips. His play calling is unbelievably predictable. His maddening refusal to use play action doesn't help, either. What's scary is that for as much as people bitch about Wade, if he's gone, Garrett is quite possibly his successor.

10. saratoga172

saratoga172 Golden Member

The 'girls just need a competent coach and either a competent owner or one who lets the coaches actually coach. I'm far from a fan of the 'girls, but they really do have a pretty good talent pool every year. Yet they always do mediocre and under perform. I'm amazed Phillips hasn't been pushed out yet. Jerry Jones is retarded. He should to oil.

11. Kyle

Kyle Diamond Member

Have any new predictions for the NFC West? I'm thinking Seattle will win more than 3 =) but really the division is wide open..

12. gimmewhitecastles

i wouldn't be surprised if san francisco goes 6-0 in the division and lose to everybody else, winning a playoff spot with a 6-10 record.

edit. wait they already got creamed in seattle. 5-1 record :D

13. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

your NFCE predictions are LOL after week 5 :p

14. Deeko

Deeko Lifer

Yea, I guess its about the time of year for the knee jerk reactions to the first 1/4 of the year.

Still a lot of football yet to be played, gents.

15. thegimp03

thegimp03 Diamond Member

Haha, would be hilarious. SF has management issues...i.e. Jed York is a f-ing idiot. Plus the ol' run the ball up the middle for a 2yd gain with Frank Gore gets old and doesn't win games.

16. fustercluck

fustercluck Diamond Member

My pre-season super bowl picks are also not looking too hot either. The Patriots v Packers. Pats are looking to the future and trading everyone for future 3rd/4th round draft picks as usual, while the packers are unfortunately plagued by injuries. I think the Packers still have as good a shot as any though.

17. Kyle

Kyle Diamond Member

is that still how you see the nfc west panning out? 49'ers on top? not trying to be an ass, just curious- I'd love for the seahawks to take the division, but I honestly don't see that happening- or if it does it's going to be realllly close

18. Deeko

Deeko Lifer

At this point I don't really like any of the teams in the NFC West. The Seahawks look better than expected so far, but I just don't think they have the roster to post a winning record. The 49ers are getting close in a lot of games, but still, hard to come back from this record. The Rams show some promise too, but they just got demolished, by the Lions of all teams, and have injuries mounting.

If I were to revise the NFC West right now, I'd put the Cardinals on top, but their QB situation is the worst of any team in the division, which doesn't bode well when the pressure is on.

19. KMFJD

KMFJD Diamond Member

2 TE Off seems to be working in Det

20. CaptnKirk

CaptnKirk Lifer

How about all teams ending up with an 8-8 record, the Division winner over the wild card comes down to a coin toss.

Superbowl is decided by a safety . . . in double overtime.

Parity makes the day.

21. cheezy321

cheezy321 Diamond Member

I think you mean parody.....IDIOT

22. Deeko

Deeko Lifer

23. Arkaign

Arkaign Lifer

Eh? Do you understand the word 'Parity'?

24. fustercluck

fustercluck Diamond Member

If cheezy is serious...epic fail :D

When's the last time there's been no undefeated teams by week 5 i wonder?

25. SSSnail

SSSnail Lifer

Speaking or bias, how about them Patriots? :awe: